PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• Topkapi
    Topkapi Posts: 76 Forumite
    Options
    My claim was received by RBS on 2nd September 2010 and still not heard anything despite several phone calls. Just get quoted "we have until Aug 31st to respond to your claim". They have also told me they are working through them in date order which does not seem to be correct as I have read of several successful claims which have been made in 2011.
  • smitchy73
    smitchy73 Posts: 2,558 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Topkapi wrote: »
    My claim was received by RBS on 2nd September 2010 and still not heard anything despite several phone calls. Just get quoted "we have until Aug 31st to respond to your claim". They have also told me they are working through them in date order which does not seem to be correct as I have read of several successful claims which have been made in 2011.
    Hi topkapi, too many people are in a similar boat to you, only thing is to wait until the end of the month, although I'm pretty sure there was a post here yesterday saying they went into their bank although I think it was Barclays saying something like £6k had been credited but she hadn't received a letter advising or an offer. 11days and counting to see what happens, although I don't think they'll miss their deadline as there SHOULD be mega fines for them if they fail.
    Thanks to all the competition posters.
  • Topkapi
    Topkapi Posts: 76 Forumite
    Options
    When did you put your claim in? Mine went in in Sept 2010 and am still wating and phoning.
  • smitchy73
    Options
    Mines went in after the JR so I'm on the plain 16 week ruling but due a decision hopefully before mid october, although just waiting on an offer coming through from Clydesdale for two loans in OH's name, had phone call last Tuesday to say that an offer was in the mail. This was after 12 weeks and not getting a decision and emailed the CEO as the CB weren't part of the 16 week ruling. Never mind i'm sure there will be loads of upheld's being posted in the next couple of weeks from RBS/Lloyds group/HSBC etc etc.
  • PIP1966_2
    PIP1966_2 Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    Just thought I would share my information for people with claims with Barclays. I took out a credit card in 1998 after receiving a pre-printed application form which all I needed to do was sign. PPI was automatically added. Saw Martin on Daybreak about claiming back PPI so in February 2011 downloaded the template, filled it in and sent it to Barclays Customer Relations in Leicester. I put it to the back of mind and thought what will be, will be. Then the High Court and Judicial Review came and went and I received a letter from Barclays in June to advise that in recognition of the delay & patience they will be offering a goodwill gesture no later than 31st August. This gesture includes the PPI premiums plus interest charged on the premiums to date together with 8% per annum simple interest.

Then on 3rd August I received a letter from them. Their words "Due to the delay caused and as an apology, we would now like to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible, We propose to settle your complaint as a gesture of goodwill without any admission of liability". They have offered me £12,305 (PPI paid - £3300, Interest on Payments - £7150 and 8% simple interest per annum - £1850). They had also attached an acceptance form which I had to sign and return within 10 days. I sent the form back on 8th August and now waiting for them to make the payment.

I called them this week (0844 556 0104) and yes, it takes forever for someone to take your call (quick look on line looks like calling 0844 could cost you up to 5p per minute). Finally, after 45 mins I spoke to a man who did sound very fed up who stated that they could not tell anyone when there payments would be made but did advise that there were being made in date order of peoples claims. He did confirm that they had received my acceptance form which had been scanned into their systems on 9th August. He also stated that they had to settle all claims and have these claims closed by 31st August.

I really wish everyone the very best of luck with their claims and lets hope that they are all settled by 31st August.

Hope this helps
  • smitchy73
    Options
    PIP1966 wrote: »
    Then on 3rd August I received a letter from them. Their words "Due to the delay caused and as an apology, we would now like to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible, We propose to settle your complaint as a gesture of goodwill without any admission of liability". They have offered me £12,305 (PPI paid - £3300, Interest on Payments - £7150 and 8% simple interest per annum - £1850). They had also attached an acceptance form which I had to sign and return within 10 days. I sent the form back on 8th August and now waiting for them to make the payment.

I called them this week (0844 556 0104) and yes, it takes forever for someone to take your call (quick look on line looks like calling 0844 could cost you up to 5p per minute). Finally, after 45 mins I spoke to a man who did sound very fed up who stated that they could not tell anyone when there payments would be made but did advise that there were being made in date order of peoples claims. He did confirm that they had received my acceptance form which had been scanned into their systems on 9th August. He also stated that they had to settle all claims and have these claims closed by 31st August.

I really wish everyone the very best of luck with their claims and lets hope that they are all settled by 31st August.

Hope this helps

Good luck pip, 11 days and counting, do you still bank with them at all, I seen another post where someone got about £6k dropped in their account without receiving any notice from Barclays,
    Hope it comes soon and happy spending when it does.:D
  • sunny8_2
    sunny8_2 Posts: 368 Forumite
    Options
    My son has just rung me - he couldnt be "bothered" to faff about putting a claim in against a loan he had with Black Horse, thought it was a total waste of time (I was named on the account so he could get the loan when he finished uni), he had added and changed this loan so many times (it was so confusing) he and he didnt have all the loan account numbers just the current one. He was told the last time he changed it that if he didnt take PPI out he wouldnt be able to increase it (he is a school teacher!). So he took it out and then he had a nightmare several months later trying to cancel the PPI. I nagged and nagged him to put a claim in, which he eventually did with my help, but it got rejected saying that he had had back the PPI from when he cancelled it. I worded another letter to them stating this wasnt what he was asking for (as though it was from him - us mum's have to do everything I think) and with his agreement and little additions to the letter we sent it off.

Anyway he has just rung this morning as he has just received a reply from them not only have they reduced his loan by around £2500 he is also getting another £2500 paid direct into his bank acount. He is so pleased now that I nagged him!!!

Me thinks he owes his mummy big time!!!

Congratulations!!:j:j See..mums do know best!!! haha:A:Axx
  • sunny8_2
    Options
    farcove54 wrote: »
    Halifax Success !!

Hello ,
    Submittted my claim on 5th of May , using the forms from here, and had the usual letters back.
    Received a letter this morning stating they are refunding the following :-
    Refund of premiums £1501.13
    Refund of interest applied because of PPI £1134.65
    Interest at 8% calculated until 9 Sept 2011 £ 69.93
    Total = £2705.71

I am thrilled as was expecting a 'battle' with them !!

Thankyou so much to Di, Amersall and everyone else for all their help and support and Good Luck to everyone waiting !!
    :j
    Kay x

Congratulations:T:Txx
  • sunny8_2
    Options
    :jMy husband took out a loan with Northern Rock, after completing the PPI template he mentioned that although he was interested in taking PPI with the loan after recent media activity understood that he could get it at a fraction of the cost offered by Northern Rock. He applied for the loan through the internet and they agreed that there was not enough information provided, after only one letter they agreed to refund over £9500! We have now received the money and the whole process took about 12 weeks.

Congratulations:T:Txx
  • PIP1966_2
    PIP1966_2 Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    smitchy73 wrote: »
    Good luck pip, 11 days and counting, do you still bank with them at all, I seen another post where someone got about £6k dropped in their account without receiving any notice from Barclays,
    Hope it comes soon and happy spending when it does.:D

Hi - no I haven't ever banked with them and on the acceptance form it actually asks for the account details where I would like the payment to be made to. They did say in their letter that for audit purposes it would show on my next Barclaycard statement but would not be applied to it. I am not in any arrears and still have the credit card to use if I wanted to.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback