PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Tuesday 1 November 2016

2»

Comments

• Sadly TRU we are not going to Carbis Bay. We will be at the mercy of the coach driver as to where our included excursions take us and, sadly, St Ives and Carbis Bay are not on the itinerary. The free days usually bring up extra optional excursions, which are to pay for, so we are hoping the St Ives area will be one of them! (I did check up the service bus but it involves much detouring and stopping and takes almost 3 hours to get there so not really an option!) x
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Good morning one and all,

Hope everyone has a lovely November.

Blue skies over Glasgow today with the occasional cloud.

Yesterday was my typical Monday; played badminton after work, enjoyed a fine meal and then chilled in front of the TV. We opted for a scary movie since it was Halloween. It was called Hush, a movie about a deaf and dumb woman and it really played on your senses.

This evening I have my step-brother and his fiance coming over for their announcement. We're unsure wither it'll be an anticlimax or indeed they will tell us they're expecting which will be lovely news.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

TA - I am in owe of your productiveness. I'm jealous, I wish I could do that.
    Hester - 200??!?!?!?!?!?! That's unbelievable.
    LWW - Good luck with the job hunting.
  • tiredmum2
    tiredmum2 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Morning all
    Foggy and cold here in Essex this morning dog has been walked and just enjoying a cuppa
    Not much going on here need to take DS to the station as he has work tonight and need to drop a couple of bags at the charity shop
    Dinner tonight is pie n mash
    Have a good day whatever you are up to x
  • Good Morning everyone and my thoughts are with Lainey and he DM today bless them it so hard when you know the eventual outcome.

The weather is a little misty this morning, but not in the least cold.A new month ahead and no doubt will whizz by as quickly as last months did.

Today I am off to the cinema this morning with my DGD Holly as she has a few days off from work We are going to see The Girl on the Train I do hope its as good as the book was.

Then tonight its quiz night, fingers crossed for another win for our team.

Its been a busy week this week as I was at DDs for dinner on Sunday night and last night as well, then tonight its quiz at the pub.I have Wednesday and Thursday night off, then Friday night I am at a charity quiz night with my team and Saturday night I am out to dinner and an overnight stay with my sis-in-law in Faversham Home mid day Sunday then to DDs for Sunday dinner in the evening .I only actually have two nights evening meals to cook this week :):):) No need for much in the way of shopping this week as I can easily eat from the freezer.

Before I know it another week will have vanished :)

Last night at Dds its was the first time ever that her boys didn't dress up and go out,although we had a few little ones knocking on the door as DD still did the pumpkins and decorated the windows.

Mikey (12) loved going to answer and hold out the bowl of goodies for the small children .Where they live the children will only knock if they see decorations and pumpkins in the window. As the boys had a Baker day off of school yesterday they decorated a small table with spooky bits and three lit pumpkins and candles and had it placed in the front garden, it looked really good and the windows had spray-on cobwebby stuff. A nice bit of fun which was all finished by 8.30p.m. and we had no more knocks after that :)

Over the years DD with her 5 children has at various times dressed the children up, and they all had a lot of fun out of it.

Last night we were just giving out stuff and I said to Mikey 'Are you sad that you are not going out tonight? and he said 'No Granny I have had my turn at it now its the little ones chance, I am too old to be going out now' :):):) Bless him .

I think he got just as much fun seeing some of the tiny childrens costumes. One little girl said 'I like your pumpkin the best of all that I have seen' as he has inserted cardboard teeth into it and had seeds coming out of its mouth :) looked quite effective.He was so chuffed he made her take extra chocolate :)

I know its become far more commercial than it used to be, but its a little bit of magic for the children to remember at tell their children about.

Apart from the pumpkins DD likes the boys to make their own decorations if possible, so we had several gruesome looking spiders made with wire and some of my black knitting wool and lots of masks home made and coloured in yesterday afternoon .Kept the boys busy :) they are back to school today and normality will reign once more.

Right enough waffling time to get a wriggle on as I have to nip to Dds first before I go to pick up my DGD Holly at 11.30
    Hope everyone has a good day whatever they are doing

Cheers chums

JackieO xx
  • Morning, ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one, Lainey and her mum.

The first of November and it's raining, arghhh I have a load of laundry in the washer. If the rain does not clear I will have to use the dryer and the airer. It's all thick stuff, vests etc.

I need to get out and plant the bulbs in pots for the spring, we brought the geraniums in yesterday, we are due a frost tomorrow night. I want to try and keep tham for next year. Will be taking some cuttings to root.

No plans for the day, I am still in bed, slept through OH getting up.
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all,

We didnt get any knocks on the door either ,there arent any children living on this road which is a shame.We had DGS but he's too young to go out anyway,and DGD was starting at Rainbows so she didnt come but we had our pumpkin fun on Friday night instead.Where we used to live they always had a lovely party for the children at the cricket club,and an organised bonfire too-much more community focused really and I do miss that aspect.

We had a lovely afternoon over at our friends house to meet one of our old 'gang'.We knew his 1st wife and not his 2nd but she was really nice and the chat flowed.They brought their springer spaniel Jess who kept us entertained too,very lively at 2 years old.Our friends cat was not amused though as he had to be shut in another room.Tea was a bit late but it didnt matter really as DGS had already eaten at his other GParents.He's watching cartoons at the moment.Its quite a nice day so we may call at the park this afternoon.
    Not sure what to do for tea but there is still gammon and chicken in the fridge.I need to freeze the surplus soups I made yesterday as well.
    Hope Hilstep is doing ok xx
    Lainey,continuing thoughts for you and DM,and yes it is nice to know Mum & Dad met so close to where we now live,we walk past the old tea rooms quite often on our dog walks.I'm glad I thought to ask Mums cousin,she is about 86 now and the only older relative I have now.
    TA- ooh enjoy your holiday,you certainly deserve it x
    Hope everyone has the best day they can xx
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • Change of plan on the dinner front tonight. Major stress filled day at work and DD2 was close to tears when I left so doing her favourite of burgers and sweet potato fries with apple crumble and cream for pudding. Comfort food at its best for her.
    I know why she is so stressed out it is the same reason I am. Work just doesn't seem to care anymore so why should we.
    Bright Blessings xx
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    tru wrote: »
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I can plug the doorbell back in today. We had trick or treaters on the 29th and 30th, we ignored the knocking then hammering on the door. The door was knocked twice last night and I ignored it both times, found out later it was master tru's mate who'd come round to arrange some work and my next door neighbour asking about drain rods. I apologised for ignoring them :D[/FONT]
    :D That's the beauty of having a video entry phone; I can look to see who's at the door before I decide whether or not to answer it.;)

No trick or treaters here, thankfully. Whilst I adore dogs and would give my last morsel of food to see one of them have a meal, I honestly don't do children. We tend to not have the lights on in rooms we're not using at the time, and our lounge faces onto the back, so it probably looks like we're out, in any case. :o

The only "decoration" I do is my pottery pumpkin tealight holder, which started out in the lounge, and got moved to my alter in the bedroom when we retired for the night.

I had a very strange "dream" if it was that; I was in a huge grassy field, surrounded by all my canine, equine, feline and even lupine friends (yes, even dear Sefka Wolf) who have passed, over the years; and there were some also that I never met in RL, just knew from sending healing vibes and such-like.

Today I am exhausted. Been to Herr A, and done the month-end household accounts, and that's about all.

Doing potato'n'pasta soup with HM bread for tonight's dins.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Woke up to mist and rain and it lasted all day :( Did some washing because I don't want it to pile up and it is on the airers under the fans in the dining room (My bedroom) luckily it is almost dry, but still not cold enough to put the heating on or light the fire yet.
    I needed some bits in Sainsbury's so DH took me when he got home from his first shift, got a litre bottle of Southern Comfort for £20, we both like it at Christmas, might splash out and get another one next week. When we were at the tills an announcement came over to take a pumpkin free as we left, so DD has made a pumpkin pie tonight.

I am set to finish all Christmas shopping by the end of next week apart from fresh stuff of course...........yay!

BFN xx
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • Hi all.
    TA so pleased you can get away,hope the weather is kind to you.
    JACKIE O hope the film was enjoyable.

We had no trick or treaters last night mainly because I switched the light off in my front room shut the curtain between the two rooms and liberated. Usually Halloween is in half term so we are usually away in our caravan.

Certainly colder here today the central heating clicked in. Spent a very pleasant hour or so in my favourite cafe today after doing a few jobs in town. It's my Grandma s funeral tomorrow and so the kids aren't going to school and my husband's boss is letting him have the day off as compassionate leave which is good. Feel it will be a long day so I plan to have something cooking in slowcooker ready for our return especially as my blood sugars do drop spectacularly when I'm stressed and tired.

Hugs to those who want/need them. Thanks for your virtual support.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure