124»

Comments

• Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 December 2017 at 3:21PM
    Options
    ohreally wrote: »
    I’m afraid there is nothing cryptic to find here, car is surplus and on drive, has been for months, sitting with mot and until very recently appeared to be taxed.

I can only advise to check again:
    https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-tax

Can you send a screenshot, but blank out the car reg?

Reading you OP again, do you remember doing a SORN? If not contact DVLA who may be able to help providing the date and how it was done.
    https://www.gov.uk/contact-the-dvla

In reltion to the continuous insurance:
    https://www.mib.org.uk/reducing-uninsured-driving/continuous-insurance-enforcement/
  • Manxman_in_exile
    Options
    I’m afraid there is nothing cryptic to find here, car is surplus and on drive, has been for months, sitting with mot and until very recently appeared to be taxed.

I hate to appear to be rude (as posters are often accused of) but your posts are quite cryptic. You didn't mention in your OP that the vehicle was "surplus" and was sitting on your drive rather than being on the road. I think most posters have made the reasonable inference that you were wanting to use the 4x4 on the road and that you couldn't understand why it was showing up as SORN'd when you had never done that. (I'm not clear if you have agreed you SORN'd it or not, but many of the posters on here think that you must have).

Also your reply in post #23 that you don't use it on the roads because "it's SORN'd remember" is a bit cryptic as the limitations of the interweb mean we don't know if that's a literal answer or an ironic one (ie I haven't SORN'd it but DVLA say it is!).

Rather than saying there are no ANPR cameras on your drive, why not explain fully what your difficulty in this situation is? eg - you never SORN'd the car but DVLA think it is. If the car is surplus and it's off road, what's the problem?

Seems a bit of a drip feed to me (sorry if that's rude - the OP has a lot more posts and thanks than I have!)
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    cjdavies wrote: »
    I can only advise to check again:
    https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-tax

Can you send a screenshot, but blank out the car reg?
    The OP PMd me the reg. It showed perfectly normally as SORNed, and MOTed last week.
  • Manxman_in_exile
    Manxman_in_exile Posts: 8,380 Forumite
    edited 7 December 2017 at 5:22PM
    Options
    AdrianC wrote: »
    The OP PMd me the reg. It showed perfectly normally as SORNed, and MOTed last week.

OK. But the OP asked "why" it was showing as SORN'd. The implication (to me at least) is that the OP never SORN'd it (or can't remember doing so) so wants to know why it shows up as SORN'd.

It all seems as if not sufficient info in the op to me. Or does he want us (or you AdrianC) to confirm whether or not it's SORN'd .

I believe he's been RK for 11 years, so ought to know...

We'd certainly want to know the status of our car.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    Options
    Well, he's already told us he SORNed it when DVLA sent him the Continuous Insurance bollocking...
  • ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Seems a bit of a drip feed to me (sorry if that's rude - the OP has a lot more posts and thanks than I have!)

No offence taken, I have broad shoulders.

I'll sort this out over the weekend.
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
  • Rover_Driver
    Rover_Driver Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'll sort this out over the weekend.

From post 13, if you made the SORN in respect of the insurance, it will also cancel the vehicle licence as well, and why the DVLA record shows SORN.
  • ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    From post 13, if you made the SORN in respect of the insurance, it will also cancel the vehicle licence as well, and why the DVLA record shows SORN.

It didn't though, through the summer the vehicle check showed as taxed, its only recently this appears to have changed.
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport