smallholdingsister's strivings

Comments

• Oh dear, do take a good rest this evening. Have a good weekend,

Squirrel x
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years:D
  • Evening, run a bath, light a candle and hunker down for a soak. There's so much going on for you, your brain must feel weary.

Sleep well, Tilly x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Thanks both. Half eight bedtime. What a party animal!
  • katep23
    katep23 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I was in bed at 8.15 last night, sometimes it's the only thing to do. Take care x
  • I love a long bath and a book. World is better place then.

Hugs SHS

xx
    Morgage till Nov 30 GOAL MFW Sept 2016
    Aug 11 - £100k Aug 2016.... It's GONE!!!!!
    2014 GOAL HIT 5 Stone! 2016 GOAL to be a MF marathon runner.
    "A goal without a plan is just a wish"
  • Thanks HDK.
    Just did two hours out with the pony so feeling pretty good. Roll on the day I can actually ride again.
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,198 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Thinking of you SHS - hope you're settling in. Are you doing dry January at the mo?
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    It's really helpful to learn about people going to bed early - I find it very difficult to do, but I *know* I'd feel better if I did ...

Hope today went a bit better, SHS.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • It's not that anything has gone well...it's just exhausting when things are no longer automatic.

Settling in well thanks Pavlovs.

KC I have been reading about depression and how it relates to lack of deep/slow wave restorative sleep. This mostly occurs when you first go to sleep, and this is more your field but the contention is that the unhelpful thought processes that CBT tries to address result in more REM sleep and a deficit in slow wave sleep.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    KC I have been reading about depression and how it relates to lack of deep/slow wave restorative sleep. This mostly occurs when you first go to sleep, and this is more your field but the contention is that the unhelpful thought processes that CBT tries to address result in more REM sleep and a deficit in slow wave sleep.
    Don't know *anything* about that, sorry :( Where you are on the scale of depressed to hyper is important in terms of what will help - bringing you down, or pepping you up. Even pacemakers - most people have them to speed up their hearts slightly, my auntie has one but its used to slow her heart down ... horses for courses.

I know that too much sleep is as bad as too little. I know routine helps with sleeping patterns, and the right levels of coolness and warmth.

But I thought REM sleep *was* the restorative sleep? And it's not only CBT work that addresses it - unbiased researchers are beginning to put detail to the long-held suspicion from the practitioners of every other type of therapeutic work that the deck was stacked.

Never mind now - I *know* I won't be compos mentis enough to read any answer you might make this weekend! Bit of deep breathing, bit of stretching, take it easy xxx
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport