DMP Mutual Support Thread - Part 7

Comments

• katkins2
    katkins2 Posts: 65 Forumite
    Hi folks,

Not been around for a while as my DMP has been plodding along ok. Just spent the last couple of hours catching up on the posts and found you've moved to this shiny new thread.:j

Well, its almost a year since my LBM, can't quite believe it tbh. I was so focussed and motivated to begin with and all was going well up until the last couple of months, not too sure whats happened since then!!! I've been completely RUBBISH at budgeting these past 2 months and am already skint with payday 2 weeks and 1 day away!! I'm just so bored of it all. I know that's a terrible attitude to have and I really need to rein myself back in and fast!

Does anyone else get like this? I know how to budget and was living well sticking to it, its just all suddenly gone out of the window. Think I may have to take myself back to day one and get the old spending diary out.

I'm so annoyed at myself for letting things slip....please feel free to give me a shouting at.....I think I need it lol!

And for any newbies reading this, please ignore my moaning, starting a DMP was THE BEST thing I could've done, even if I do need keeping in order now and then:rotfl:

Hope everyone's having a good day:D
    LBM 22/7/2009
    DMP start 01/9/2009 :eek:£35686.00 :eek:
    DFD September 2017
    25/3/2010 - New DFD August 2018 :eek:
    20/7/2015 - New DFD January 2017 :cool:
    DEBT FREE August 2016!!!!:beer::j
  • Twit_Head
    Twit_Head Posts: 706 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    katkins2 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Not been around for a while as my DMP has been plodding along ok. Just spent the last couple of hours catching up on the posts and found you've moved to this shiny new thread.:j

Well, its almost a year since my LBM, can't quite believe it tbh. I was so focussed and motivated to begin with and all was going well up until the last couple of months, not too sure whats happened since then!!! I've been completely RUBBISH at budgeting these past 2 months and am already skint with payday 2 weeks and 1 day away!! I'm just so bored of it all. I know that's a terrible attitude to have and I really need to rein myself back in and fast!

Does anyone else get like this? I know how to budget and was living well sticking to it, its just all suddenly gone out of the window. Think I may have to take myself back to day one and get the old spending diary out.

I'm so annoyed at myself for letting things slip....please feel free to give me a shouting at.....I think I need it lol!

And for any newbies reading this, please ignore my moaning, starting a DMP was THE BEST thing I could've done, even if I do need keeping in order now and then:rotfl:

You don't need a shouting at! You are not alone.
    Yup! I for one am also guilty of letting the budget slide after a while.
    I keep a cash book to enter all the bills and debits/credits (sad :o) so I can see exactly how things stand. I like you have zilch for next 2 weeks. :eek: It's so difficult to stay focused after a while if like mine all your money is going to bills/debt and there is nothing left over for even a tiny treat (or even for birthday cards, presents etc)
    I think that's when we start to creep into the 'allocated' funds, and it doesn't take much to upset the balance.
    As you say it becomes so routine and you lose the impetus you had at the beginning. But don't forget you've done so well to come this far. The debts are going down. (And baked beans on toast for 2 weeks is very good for you:))

'Twitty'
  • yellowpinky
    yellowpinky Posts: 128 Forumite
    Twit_Head wrote: »
    As you say it becomes so routine and you lose the impetus you had at the beginning. But don't forget you've done so well to come this far. The debts are going down. (And baked beans on toast for 2 weeks is very good for you:))

'Twitty'

And boiled eggs and Cup a Soup which is my staple "poor food". I know how you feel Katkins, I've gone budget rubbish the last two months!

Oh dear, I only seem to surface when there's an issue. I'm still getting nasty letters from Metropolitan which accepted Payplan's offer in April after my HSBC account was passed on, where they say I haven't kept to the payment dates THEY specified and have so far sent a final demand and now a threat of court proceedings ("may" is the word used). I asked Payplan about this re:the final demand and they said M are perfectly aware of the payment dates and may chase before settling down. How seriously should I take all this, anyone had any experience? Am really hating these letters.

Also what happens with F & F's when you have more than one account with the same creditor (namely HSBC)? If I make a F & F offer to Metroplitan I surely need to offer to my HSBC overdraft too (it's not been passed on to DCA)?
    DMP Mutual Support Thread No 336 - proud to be a number!
    LBM - June 20th 2009
    Total of Horror :eek: - [STRIKE]£39,909[/STRIKE] August 2010 £35,421 :j
    DFD - Feb 2018 (approx). I'll be 47 :eek: :eek: !!
  • cocker100
    cocker100 Posts: 518 Forumite
    OOH A nice new thread!!!:bdaycake::D

Amlal, cant quote your previous post on the old thread, but in answer to your question, I would send the CCA request now. This would put a halt to LLoyds TSB attempting any kind of court action until they fulfil the request!

Cocker:)
  • cocker100
    Scouselad, as above i cant quote your oiginal post, but here goes:

If the debt has been sold, then the creditor must send you a default notice if they have terminated the agreement. The only time they would not need to do this would be if the account was sold, but the credit facility was maintained. Eg When the former Morgan Stanley/Goldfish portfolio was sold to Barclaycard.

If it is only their in-house DCA, then they dont need to issue a default notice, so you need to find out if they are or not.

If the creditor claims to have sent a default notice, then this would be registered on their internal computer system. You can obtain copies of all these records by sending them a Subject Access Request (SAR). There is a £10 fee for this. This will show if they have sent one out or not.

If the FOS are involved, I would write to them with your concerns, as this gives more weight to your case.

BTW, if you do receive a default notice, lots of them are invlaid and can render a credit agreement unenforceable!:D:D:D If this was the case, all they would be legally entitled to collect would be the arrears at the time of default!:rotfl:

• Thanks Cocker for your help ;)

Halifax sent a letter to myself stating that a Default Notice had recently been sent to myself as I had not made the agreed repayments, the letter also stated that if I did not telephone them to make a payment agreement within 7 days then my account would be passed to a DCA.

Seven days had already passed when I received the letter :(
    So far I haven't received a Default Notice and Halifax continue to call and text daily.

I'm just thinking ahead and being prepared ;)
    DMP mutual support thread member:327
  • Triggles
    Triggles Posts: 2,281 Forumite
    scouselad - I've noticed that disturbing trend as well - most letters we received with dates on them (such as reply within 7 days or within 3 days) are received either ON or AFTER the date has passed. I swear I think they hold the letters before posting just to put more pressure on us to call them. It's extremely frustrating, but I've started noting on the letters what date received, so I can at least remember.
    MSE mum of DS(7), and DS(4) (and 2 adult DCs as well!)
    DFW Long haul supporters No 210
    :snow_grin Christmas 2013 is coming soon!!! :xmastree:
  • Good idea Triggles, I totally agree with you.
    I wish they would put as much effort into helping us to repay our debts as they do into harrasing and pressurising us to conjure up cash we just don't have.
    DMP mutual support thread member:327
  • ianmak
    ianmak Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    katkins2 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

As with everyone else, you're not the only one who struggles. After payday and the bank holiday (so, the 1st June) I checked my bank statement, and nearly cried. However, I seem to do very well on little or no money, it's when I have that money that it becomes an issue. Still, it does get you down, so hang in there!
    DMP mutual support thread No: 243
  • cocker100
    Triggles wrote: »
    scouselad - I've noticed that disturbing trend as well - most letters we received with dates on them (such as reply within 7 days or within 3 days) are received either ON or AFTER the date has passed. I swear I think they hold the letters before posting just to put more pressure on us to call them. It's extremely frustrating, but I've started noting on the letters what date received, so I can at least remember.

Simple reason for this. They send everything 2nd class. If it runs through the weekend or a bank holiday, then it's delayed even further.

Also, most companies now farm their mail out to other companies and not just Royal Mail. Eg UK mail or TNT. Some of these other firms dont collect the mail from premises every day, so this can delay things even more! So in effect this makes it 3rd class if there was such a thing!:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport