NST December: Debt Destruction December

Comments

• laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 756 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Kerry woman I am so sorry for your loss.

Today is NSD #2

Doing ok with my anxious thoughts :) a bit worried that tax free childcare are not paying me back or calling me back and a bit cross they can treat people like this. Luckiky we can budget otherwise we would seriously struggle.

31 items- still need to drop my tins off at tesco.

Explore- nothing today but york was fab yday. Started badly when we couldn't get parked & the markets were rammed but the event was fab in the end despite the reviews...

Something that makes me happy- pancakes for bfast.

Greatful for- the kind bus man who let me off when i lost my ticket ( same driver on way there), roasted marshmallows & having ten pound left in my budget:)
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Kerry Woman - sorry for your loss.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Well yesterday was spendy as I knew it would be. We went to the cinema, bought 3 boxes of chocolates in M&S, slipper socks in Next (for me), takeaway for supper.

Today we have called into town, I've bought a family organiser and diary from Poundland, slipper socks for the kids as part of their Christmas eve bundle (something I got into when they were small and can't seem to get out of), these were from Sainsburys with 25% off.

I have some ebay items ending today and the price they are already at will cover the chocolates and my socks, the other things come from out Christmas/Birthday pot which we put into throughout the year.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • ilovetea
    ilovetea Posts: 1,196 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Kerry Woman. Sorry to hear about your Mum x
    Make £2024 in 2024 £1093.52
    Declutter 2024 things in 2024 920/2024.
    NSD's in Feb Target 20. So far 21/20.
    NSD's in Mar. Target 20. So far 21/20
    NSD's in April Target 20.. So far 11/20
  • ilovetea
    ilovetea Posts: 1,196 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Good afternoon everyone.
    Another lovely day in Cumbria.
    NSD number 3. Had hair done yesterday but that was budgeted for and the money in a seperate purse.
    Have put an order in with Mr.T but thats not coming until Tuesday.

Exterminate. Said it would be chocolate but I NEED some.:rotfl::rotfl:

Have to do a few Christmas cards. Hopefully feel joyful when thy are done.

ilovetea xx
    Make £2024 in 2024 £1093.52
    Declutter 2024 things in 2024 920/2024.
    NSD's in Feb Target 20. So far 21/20.
    NSD's in Mar. Target 20. So far 21/20
    NSD's in April Target 20.. So far 11/20
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    NSD #1 but not a hooray in sight.. I am sat on the sofa at 3pm still in my pjs, feeling like I have been run over by a truck. Was watching Marr and Peston this morning and started sneezing and it rapidly went downhill from there. So I am trying to herd the kids towards their homework but they are taking advantage of my rubbishness and running amok.

I did cook lunch though which seems to have wiped me out again and I have another half an hour until I can have another Lemon-flavoured-paracetamol-based-drink. If I did not have kids I would be in bed already.

So less Veni, Vidi, Vici, and much more Sofa-ed, reading, pathetic.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,877 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    So sorry to hear about your mum Kerry Women.

NSDs - will aim for 15, currently on 1/15.

DFD - currently Dec 2022 which is when the last payment for my car comes out. However, I'm aiming to pay off all debt other than car payments by the end of next year. After that, I will aim to save the money to pay off the car early.

Budgets - £200 food, have budgeted £50 extra for Christmas treats, currently £0/£200 but planning to do a food shop later. £100 social, spent £45 at works Christmas do last night. £100 fuel, I have no idea how much I will spend on this so have budgeted high, currently £0/£100.

Exterminate - the game on my phone, 3/10 days of not playing.

Clear out - started a bag to go to the CS, it currently has 2 items in it.

Explore - away to Edinburgh next weekend so will be exploring there :).

Mental health - I haven't been feeling particularly great physically which is definitely impacting on my mental health. However, had a really fun night out last night, being social always makes me feel more positive. Gratitude's for today are not feeling too hungover, bacon rolls that OH made for lunch, my sofa and Christmas movies.

Evaluate - 2017 has generally been a good year :D me and OH have pretty much got our wee flat looking like we want it to, there's a few jobs to do and the garden could definitely be sorted out more. I really enjoy my job and I finished the qualification which meant a payrise :D. Healthwise, I feel a lot better after going on a dairy free diet. Unfortunately OH's health still isn't great and has gotten worse over the course of the year. The debt has also risen after years of paying it off, however, at least for a good reason, my wee car. Still need to properly think about my 5 things in 2018.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10542.72/£15000 (70.3% saved). Emergency fund - £1402.24/£1500 (93.5% saved).
  • So sorry to hear about your mum. Take care of yourself,hugs
    NSD 1/3,
    My mantra is After I ....I will. eg After I make my morning coffee, I will take my medication. Eventually this will become a habit,
  • I am still tinkering and juggling with my finances or lack of them and will post my budget when I get there. I have unbelievably had the first three days as NSD. WOW. Tomorrow will only need milk and butter,ok for everything else. Just wish my physical and mental health would perk up.
    NSD 1/3,
    My mantra is After I ....I will. eg After I make my morning coffee, I will take my medication. Eventually this will become a habit,
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Day 3/31

NSD: 1/15, nothing spent today :)

Debt destruction: We no longer have any debt, but as OH has retired and I am semi retired, our income is much lower than in the debt days, so we need to take care.

Exterminate I have deleted a timewasting game on my phone.

Clear up, clean up and take control. I have started a CS bag, which currently has 3 items in it. I am also determined to keep on top of the paper mountains that tend to accumulate!

Explore your local area I tend to try to do this anyway, via twice daily dog walks. It is difficult to persuade the dog to take a different route sometimes though!

Mental health. A bit fed up atm, OH is still not very mobile, DD is imminently to give birth, so I am a bit worried about her as well :( I did manage half an hour in the garden this morning though, which always cheers me up :)

Daily Gratitudes Grateful for having a nice warm home, and sufficient of everything. I am very lucky!

Budget Still to do.

Evaluate the year you have had: This is quite difficult for me, as it hasn't been a great year health wise for me, and latterly, for OH. Hoping for better things going forward!

Remember I managed to make donations to 2 good causes at the end of last month as I had kept spends down (aided by this challenge). Hope to do the same again, but to kick off, I donated £5.15 worth of food items to the food bank collection point when I did the shopping yesterday. As it is almost Christmas I decided to avoid the 'staple' kind of things I normally donate, and chose tea bags, a jar of coffee, biscuits, and sweets for children - everyone needs a treat now and then :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure