My Partners old work place have not paid him after tupe

Options
Hello, My partner works for a waterboard and moves with the contract. Hes been tupe over to the new company but when get the wages of the old employer last month they have not paid him all his money, they have missed half his basic hours of his wage slip also call out and overtime. We are short of about £1400 and im on maternity leave so we need this money. He called them 2 weeks ago and they said they would sort it but nothing, also friday..they said it would go in yesterday monday. Still nothing.. what can we do? Help:(

Comments

• CAB_Malvern_Hills_representative
    CAB_Malvern_Hills_representative Posts: 153 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Cherryjack wrote: »
    Hello, My partner works for a waterboard and moves with the contract. Hes been tupe over to the new company but when get the wages of the old employer last month they have not paid him all his money, they have missed half his basic hours of his wage slip also call out and overtime. We are short of about £1400 and im on maternity leave so we need this money. He called them 2 weeks ago and they said they would sort it but nothing, also friday..they said it would go in yesterday monday. Still nothing.. what can we do? Help:(

Hi

You say that your partner's employment is subjec to TUPE, but that the problem with the payment of wages appears to relate to his last payment under the old contract. If this payment has come from the payroll department of the previous employer then, it would their responsibility to sort this out. Presumably your partner has time sheets/records showing call out/overtime and payslips showing basic hours.

We would suggest that your partner writes to the payroll dept of 'the' old' employer detailing what he is owed, keeping a copy and sending it recorded delivery. Whilst this could technically be seen as an illegal deduction of wages at this stage it would be better to try and resolve the matter directly with the payroll dept.
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
  • dancingfairy
    Options
    You need to establish the dates of the transfer and the dates covered by the payslip. Often payslips pay normal pay a month in arrears but overtime/sickness etc may be mid month to mid month (which might normally not make much difference except for the fact it was the last one). Or it could be that the transfer happened mid month.
    DO double, triple check the paper work and dates.
    Hopefully it will be simple and it's just the timing difference. If not then he will need to get things in writing and threaten court action.
    Does he have evidence of what hours he has worked etc? does he keep his own records to match against the payslips as obviously this will make life easier.
    Best of Luck
    df
    Making my money go further with MSE :j
    How much can I save in 2012 challenge
    75/1200 :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts