Survey Stashing: GlobalTestMarket hints & tips

Comments

• Hi All, forum newbie.

I've only been doing the survey sites for a week, but I would have to agree with Historian, GTM does seem to be "screening" people out well after the screening questions, this has only happened to me on the GTM site so far, now I realise most of GTMs surveys are run on third party sites, so it might not be GTMs fault, but they should be checking the quality.

The last survey I did for them was about films, I got asked the obvious screening questions like do I like watching films, how often do I go to the cinema, what type of films I watch etc.

I was then asked about certain actors and, whether I recognised them and if they would have an impact on my viewing choices etc.

I was asked if I recognised the names of a bunch of films, I hadn't heard of any of them, turns out they are upcoming film, they ask, based on the title and main actors which film I'm most likely to want to see, finally they show me a test clip to make sure my laptop has video and audio functionality and I have to answer what I saw and heard.

Appears the screening is over because they decide to show me a trailer for one of the upcoming films.

They ask me what I think the film is about, what bits I liked, which bits I didn't like, how likely I am to go to the cinema to see it, they ask if I have changed my mind about which of the upcoming films I will go see. I say no, I still prefer my original choice and it says, now we're going to show you a second trailer for the film....

And BAM! You have been screened out, here's some crappy entries to a prize draw you will never win.
  • Tarnok
    Tarnok Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 7 December 2013 at 3:21PM
    Oh, and the other thing that has happened to me twice during GTM surveys in the past week. First time it was after 45 minutes, second time was after around an hour.

The host site for the survey crashed, I work in IT, so I know when its a problem at my end or at the server end. And on both occasions it seemed suspiciously close to the end of the survey.

When its a server crash, you don't even get the crappy prize draw entries.

So anyway I emailed support, told them what had happened and that it had happened two days running, was it possible to restart the survey?

They replied almost immediately, and this is the response I got :-
    The GlobalTestMarket Team

06 Dec 16:49 (CET)

Thank you for making us aware of the problem you experienced. We apologize for any frustration that our survey may have caused.

However, please know, we do our best to make sure our panelists’ survey experiences are positive. But, sometimes technical errors do occur.

Unfortunately, due to the issues you are experiencing, you will not be able to complete this survey.

Thank you,
    The GlobalTestMarket Team

It's nice, it's polite, the response was extremely quick, I work in IT, I know servers go down occasionally...

Ok I think, seems fair enough, but then I start to wonder, why can't I restart the survey, I mean it really wouldn't take much to write a bit of code into their site that sees how far I had gotten and lets me continue from there. Or hell, reset the flag for the survey and let me start again from scratch.

But no, they don't want to do that, even if this was accidental and not on purpose, they've got all or most of the information they wanted, and they didn't even have to pay for it.

I would love to know if anyone else has experienced anything similar on GTM surveys recently?
  • Regarding the cinema survey, that sounds more like a technical error than a screen-out. I get those surveys from time to time, and I get screened out at the point where I confess to not having been to the cinema in months, right at the start of the survey. If I have been to the cinema more recently, it lets me proceed to the stages you described.

I do get a few screen-outs from GTM as with all survey sites, and the odd technical error, but on the whole it is still worthwhile doing their surveys in my case as they send out so many that I reach the payouts fairly quickly.
  • I really like GTM. They send quite a few surveys out regularly I get a survey to complete most days but I don't get inundated with so many surveys I can't do them alI. I get screened a few times out it is not too much to get annoying/frustrating. I find I do qualify for allot of them. I have been paid £30 so far and about to cashout again. I just joined in May this year.
    It is a nice extra bit of money along with other survey panels too.
    Blogging and earning online.
  • I really like GTM. They send quite a few surveys out regularly I get a survey to complete most days but I don't get inundated with so many surveys I can't do them alI. I get screened a few times out it is not too much to get annoying/frustrating. I find I do qualify for allot of them. I have been paid £30 so far and about to cashout again. I just joined in May this year.
    It is a nice extra bit of money along with other survey panels too.
    Do they pay via paypal ?? I am just getting option to redeem points --> Enter points and password --> Are you sure this is correct mailing address...........SUBMIT button

So where does the option for paypal come ?? Does if come after i click submit above ??
  • Lisamj_3
    Lisamj_3 Posts: 22 Forumite
    janey_uk wrote: »
    I have been a member for about three weeks and get near daily surveys, all of which take 2-3 minutes before telling me I don't meet the profile. It is quite frustrating and I'm wondering if I'm wasting my time. Does anyone else have this problem?

No you are not but they ask a few questions to see if you fit the criteria for the survey they have sent you. Stick with them as I've earned about £90 in the last year. One of very few survey websites that are worth being members of. Make sure your profile is up to date.:money:
  • Lisamj_3
    tharmor wrote: »
    Do they pay via paypal ?? I am just getting option to redeem points --> Enter points and password --> Are you sure this is correct mailing address...........SUBMIT button

So where does the option for paypal come ?? Does if come after i click submit above ??

Yes they pay out to Paypal. When you click to redeem points it gives you a long list that you have the choice to narrow down. On that list should be Paypal as I have clicked to redeem my points this morning. However I couldn't say whether all the options for pay out are worldwide.:)
  • Lisamj_3
    JohnAust wrote: »
    GLOBAL TEST MARKET - THEY DO NOT PAY

I stopped filling out their surveys after my $50 neverarrived. I wrote to them at least 10times over a 6 month period. Only gotthe system generated reply each time that someone would contact me. No one has ever contacted me to explain why Idid not get paid. Additionally, thismust be one of the poorest paid survey site. You need to have 1000 points before you can cash it in. On average, each survey gives you 35 to 40points. You do the sum how long it willtake you. Also, there are many surveyswith no points, just a sweep. Lastly,the surveys are much longer than other survey sites even for a petty 30 pointsurvey. My advice. DO NOT BOTHER WITHTHIS SURVEY SITE

Sorry but I cannot agree with this at all. I have a spreadsheet listing all the survey websites I have been and am still a member of. There are far worse; some give you vouchers to redeem against shopping but you have to pay out say £25 to get £5 off and nothing on the list is anything worth buying! Others just enter you in prize draws, some I have been on after being a member for up to 5 years, have never ever been paid out. Survey invites are few and far between. And some I got the initial register points and never gained any points after that!!! The list is endless but I would never unsubscribe from Global Market as I think its brilliant.:T
  • Lisamj wrote: »
    Sorry but I cannot agree with this at all. I have a spreadsheet listing all the survey websites I have been and am still a member of. There are far worse; some give you vouchers to redeem against shopping but you have to pay out say £25 to get £5 off and nothing on the list is anything worth buying! Others just enter you in prize draws, some I have been on after being a member for up to 5 years, have never ever been paid out. Survey invites are few and far between. And some I got the initial register points and never gained any points after that!!! The list is endless but I would never unsubscribe from Global Market as I think its brilliant.:T

They are brilliant until they go wrong.

Anyone still not having the same issues as me? Customer service didn't even reply properly to me. I get a survey, and it just hangs, so I refresh and say's I've already done it? The odd one has got through letting me do the survey. But I'm usually getting between 50 - 100 a day, and for last 8 days, got hardly anything, as wont let me.

Also anyone on this new portal area? Can only do the surveys from the website, and don't get emails no-more?
    :money::snow_laug:xmassmile:rudolf::santa2:_party_:money:
  • cally6008
    cally6008 Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I do not like the new portal area. I have told them I want to go back to normal survey invites and got told "we will pass your comments on"

I'll work up to cash out level and then quit.
    I think someone said that you can see if surveys are for points if you use your mobile phone to look at the site (not sure if they meant main site or phone app)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure