Currys PC World - Gift Card (Refund outstanding)

Evening all,

I am writing this post, looking for some advice in dealing with Currys PC and a refund I have been waiting for.

I had a gift card for the value of £500 and had my eye on a particular TV to be purchased from Currys PCWorld, on the 25th November 2017.

I have recently moved house and updated my details on the Currys PCWorld account however when placing the order my details had not saved, meaning that completed my order with my old delivery address.
When I called customer services I thought my simple request to change the delivery location would be ok, however, understand now that for security reasons this is not allowed.

Customer Services said the only way to correct the issue would be to cancel and reorder. BUT, because I paid with a gift card I will have to get a replacement posted out to me that will take between 3-5 days.

Since this happened on 25th of November I have spoken to 5 customer services representatives who were great at telling me their process and what the process would allow them to do, however, did not sympathise with my scenario whereby I am down £500, waiting for the refund.

(Appreciate that it was my responsibility to check the delivery address before completing the order!).

I have tried to escalate on social media and raised a formal complaint on resolver. I am still waiting for my refund and getting nowhere with customer services!

Tomorrow morning I plan to call them straight away and get someone senior on the line, before I do this can anyone offer me some advice in escalating this issue.

Any help is appreciated.
scar1

Comments

• cono1717
    cono1717 Posts: 762
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    What do the customer service team say is the issue with processing the refund almost a month later? Seems like you could understand 1 customer service rep forgetting to do it, but 5 makes me believe something else is going on.
  • AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Your post isn't clear.
    What are these customer service agents saying ?

The card is in the post ?
    The card was sent x weeks ago ?
    We havent sent the card yet ?

What ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business