Please note: The Auto-enrolment sub-board is now closed. If you have a question around pensions, please post in the Pensions, Annuities and Retirement Planning board.

Auto-enrolled now changed jobs

Options
Hi All,

Just looking for some advise more than anything...

I opted in for the Auto-enrolled pension last year in my old job, I have now moved jobs, will this just move over with me, and my new employer picksup thier side of the contribution, or do I need to action something?

I've not received anything regarding this from the old employer, and my new employer has only given me details about joining the private pension that they offer, but as it is a 1 year contracted job, that may/may not be re-signed i thought I owould just stick to the Government Auto- Enrolled number.

Also, as I am 42 should I pay more into the pension, as I currently pay the minimum and have no ther pension cover, althought my other half has about 4 pensions..

I look forward to hearing all of your suggestions andadvise.

Cheers

Donna

Comments

• Paul_Herring
    Options
    You're probably better off asking on the main pension board - this one doesn't get a lot of traffic, and you'd get a better chance of getting decent answers from there.
    Conjugating the verb 'to be":
    -o I am humble -o You are attention seeking -o She is Nadine Dorries
  • mania112
    mania112 Posts: 1,981 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It will not move with you and you'll need to contact your new provider (and/or the adviser) to inform them you've got an old pension you want transferring to the new one.
  • icehockey44
    Options
    mania112 wrote: »
    It will not move with you and you'll need to contact your new provider (and/or the adviser) to inform them you've got an old pension you want transferring to the new one.

Thats lovely, thatnks for your response mania xx
  • whiteslice
    Options
    I think you need to inform your current employer that you wish to join their pension scheme and to transfer your old pension into it. If you have just started, they might be applying postponement in which case they could enrol you as late as 3 months into the job - unless you ask to be enrolled straight away. Then it all depends on your former pension scheme, it's either your employer who will get you a quote for the transfer or you will need to contact your former pension scheme directly. But I wouldn't leave it off because 1) you can get postponed for up to 3 months 2) the transfer can take a long time
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure