**Access all online accounts from one log in!!**

Options
here is a website from First Direct, a sistering company to HSBC, that enables you to access all of your online accounts, from current, savings, credit card to loans accounts.

once you've registered you have a screen that shows you all of your allowances and total amounts, where its much easier to transfer money to and from your accounts to paying bills without having to remmeber all of your passwords and customer numbers for all of your internet accounts.

check out the site:
http://www.firstdirect.com/

once on the site and registered, you have to click 'internet banking plus' type in one of your chosen passwords and pin numbers, and your information of all online accounts can be viewed once you've linked them to this first direct internet banking plus account.

makes life much easier

Comments

• realaledrinker
    Options
    Try this one instead - you don't need to have a FD account to use it.

https://www.ewise.com.au/accunity/aa/home.asp
    Ethical moneysaver
  • monki_man
    monki_man Posts: 368 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    doesnt egg have something similar on this?
    [size=-5]Olympic 2007 challenge Started 9 Jan 2007[strike]Aim Silver 2007.00[/strike] Aim Gold 3007.00 Achieved so far:782
    [/size]
    [size=-5]Feb 2007 Grocery Challenge

28th-03rdFeb £17.75
    04th-10thFeb £13.31
    11th-17thfeb £18.54
    18th-24thfeb £17.19
    25th-3rdmar £3.70
    [/size]
  • Milarky
    Milarky Posts: 6,355 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    doesnt egg have something similar on this?

Egg Money Manager. I think these services are basically cloned fron the same platform and offer access to the same group of available organisations.

I use EMM just for bank accounts, since it has a 'nice' feature in updating the balances automatically. Unlike credit cards, these are the accounts which need checking daily.

Unfortunately the more organisations you have the longer all this updating takes. Thus I use the First Direct IB Plus to hold all these accounts but use it much less often than I do EMM
    .....under construction.... COVID is a [discontinued] scam
  • Martinslovechild
    Options
    I use the account aggregation service (for that's what these are called) at www.moneysupermarket.com as this additionally allows you to view loyalty card balances too (including nectar, air miles, shell pluspoints, qantas frequent flyer etc etc...
    Mortgage Feb 2001 - £129,000
    Mortgage July 2007 - £0
    Original Mortgage Termination Date - Nov 2018
    Mortgage Interest saved - £63790.60
    ISA Profit since Jan 1st 2015 - 98.2% (updated 1 Dec 2020)
  • jellyfish_2
    Options
    There was an interesting article about these services in yesterday's Times newspaper.

Note that by using such a service, you may be breaking the T&Cs of financial institutions (e.g. CC companies) which are accessed via the service.  This would include not be refunded if any fraudulent use was made of your accounts.  Beware!
  • MarkyMarkD
    MarkyMarkD Posts: 9,912 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes, but the risk of inappropriate use is fairly minimal.

With Egg (for example) you still have to log onto Egg. And the details for the other accounts are stored on your PC, not on their site. So the only place it can be hacked is from your own PC, and then with your Egg password details.

Little to zero chance of that happening, isn't there?
  • Altarf
    Altarf Posts: 2,916 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Try this one instead - you don't need to have a FD account to use it.

You don't need to have a First Direct account to use their service.
  • Martinslovechild
    Options
    With Egg (for example) you still have to log onto Egg.  And the details for the other accounts are stored on your PC, not on their site.  So the only place it can be hacked is from your own PC, and then with your Egg password details.

Little to zero chance of that happening, isn't there?
    This is exactly the same as MoneySupermarket.
    Mortgage Feb 2001 - £129,000
    Mortgage July 2007 - £0
    Original Mortgage Termination Date - Nov 2018
    Mortgage Interest saved - £63790.60
    ISA Profit since Jan 1st 2015 - 98.2% (updated 1 Dec 2020)
  • deemy2004
    deemy2004 Posts: 6,201 Forumite
    Options
    I tried using Egg MM

But the time to see the account details was way too slow, and even then not all accounts would always be shown, so I abandoned it and went by to normal one by one log ons.
  • MattLG
    MattLG Posts: 120 Forumite
    Options
    I've tried using Egg MM but you have to use internet explorer because it uses ActiveX controls. Do any of the others allow you to use any browser?

Sorry, but there's just too many security holes in Internet Explorer for me to trust my bank details to it.

MattLG
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport