A suggestion re Grab it board

With a large number of the threads in the Grab it while you can forum turning into lengthy conversations about the deals, the new deals are becoming swamped (I've just had to trawl through almost 2 pages of bumped threads to find some of the new deals. I hate to think how many I'd miss out on if I was on dial up :( )

If the forum software allows it, I suggest that all threads in grab it be limited to the OP and follow ups by the OP only - all discussions relating to the offers to be posted into a different forum (maybe with a link from the original deal to the discussion thread). I realise this may result in "discussion threads" being started in the grabit forum, but these should be easy to spot and moved by the board guides/mods.
How do I add a signature?

Comments

• wirm
    wirm Posts: 5,273 Forumite
    There are a lot of threads int he Grab it board but I think there ain't much you can do about it! If like you said that you would have sepearte threads to dicuss each offer then the whole board would become huge :-/
  • Figment
    Figment Posts: 2,643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yes, but if the discussion threads were posted in a different (discussion) forum, it would leave the Grab it board with lots of small threads with just the bare bones of the offers - which is what we're all interested in!
    How do I add a signature?
  • Dear Santa (again)

There is a great idea from Aliasojo about a Consumer's Board with a tie in to the Grab It While You Can board which will be considered during the up coming revamp.

http://forum.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Technical;action=display;num=1102184841

Now, about my request from Santa. Its really not too much to ask is it? and I have been exceptionally good ;) and I got my orange simcards today ;D
  • jo_b_2
    jo_b_2 Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I personally find the discussions and responses to offers the most useful part. ??? Feel that the character of MSE would be affected for the worse if threads were just simple 'here's a good offer' kind of thing.

It would also make it more difficult to distinguish between the great and good offers. (At the moment a good indicator of a really great offer is the number of responses.) :-/

Just my two penn'orth, but I do think stopping responses seems a bit of a contradiction in terms for a chat forum! ???
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure