PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

March 2017 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    elsiepac wrote: »

The Soap Saga!
    The other day I said about there not being any Or1ginal S0urce hand wash at my giant Mr T - well the plot thickens! I had a look on Tuesday as I am rapidly running out - I always water down the last bit to get full use, but even that is running out! I asked a manager (who turned out to be the store manager) where it was as couldn't find it... well, long story short, my (superstore) Tesc0 is no longer going to stock their hand wash! At all! But they still do the shower gel! I'm so annoyed, I always buy the mint and tea tree one as it's vegan and antibacterial. the manager kept saying to me it's the best isn't it! I was like, well yes, so why discontinue?! But he was quite vague... "brand reshuffle" essentially. So I was feeling a bit awkward and I said, ok, so what Equivalent can I now buy from you? Hilarious - ended up me, the store manager, the assistant manager, and the girl in charge of that section all looking at the back of every single handwash to see if vegan - upshot - none are.

My Tesc0 is in a complex, which includes, B0ots, P0undstretcher and P0undland. I checked them all and NONE sell it.

This is ridiculous, it's a big brand!! Anyway, I texted mymum yesterday and said can she check her local shops - her Sainsbobs didn't have it but her (rural, small) Tesc0 did, so she bought me the last 3 bottles on the shelf and wouldn't take any money off me as I feed her every week. Yay!

I still have to find a long term solution though, it's really irritated me! Amazon prices are double what I usually pay!!

Isn't £2.50 for 250ml a good price for the green hand wash? I thought that was rather good (someone selling packs of four for £9.99)
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 25.04% spent or £754.10/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • PennyGrabber
    PennyGrabber Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    edited 9 March 2017 at 11:53PM
    Options
    Evening everyone. I went ys shopping tonight, but nothing I fancied, so left it all for others. I did buy three punnets of strawberries for £1 each in @$da though - love them!!

PG x

£51.20/£80
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options

The Soap Saga!...
    I still have to find a long term solution though, it's really irritated me! Amazon prices are double what I usually pay!!...........
    Have you tried the online Big Gr**n Smile - they have loads of vegan hand-soaps. They do Ec*ver refills for about £8 a litre and atm have 3 for 2 offers on as well. HTH

We are now on seven NSDs so far :j

Hope you all have a fabulous Friday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • t14cy_t
    t14cy_t Posts: 1,318 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    10 nsdays so far, hoping to wait it out until at least monday 17th. gathering coupons for the expedititon! x
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    t14cy_t wrote: »
    10 nsdays so far, hoping to wait it out until at least monday 17th. gathering coupons for the expedititon! x

13th? or are you stocked up until October? :rotfl:
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 25.04% spent or £754.10/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :jHooray its Friday :) :j

Another spend yesterday (£28.55) but this did include over £5 of spends for the office so I can deduct that.

I'm struggling to think of ideas for tea tonight despite having a cupboard and a freezer full of food. Pft.

I would rather avoid another visit to the supermarket this evening but I can't seem to decide what to cook and I haven't taken anything out of the freezer to defrost/

I hope everyone has a good day.
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Forgotten to update my signature -just off to do it.
    Two shops this month both online, some of it went to DD, but that was planned so total for ourselves was £52.10

Hopefully, only two more shops and again online so I am not tempted by walking around and seeing YS which I can't resist even though I don't need them.
    The two shops are because I have two vouchers from Tes** £8 off a £40 spend, maybe I'll get together with DD again so we can both save.
  • oceanspirit
    oceanspirit Posts: 1,018 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Vegbox £10.95.
    Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • JingsMyBucket
    Options
    Just a quick hello and a realization that feels good: isn't it funny when you get to the point of actually not wanting to spend money? I'm having a relaxed day before I start my work and briefly thought about going to my local cafe for lunch in a bit, before I go run an errand. It's gorgeous outside and want to bask in the sun. I even thought about getting a sandwich at the M & S cafe for €3 and eating there.

I then said to myself, nah, I'll just eat at home and then enjoy my full walk in the sunshine. I just saved myself about €14 in dining out costs and I'll use up stuff from the pantry. This is a great mindset shift happening for me. Just wanted to share and thank you for reading. :) I'll update my spends later tonight.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 10 March 2017 at 11:44AM
    Options

The Soap Saga!
    The other day I said about there not being any Or1ginal S0urce hand wash at my giant Mr T
    I use this, I buy in one of the poundshops, maybe its being discontinued, might have to stock up.
    lynnejk wrote: »
    They do Ec*ver refills for about £8 a litre and atm have 3 for 2 offers on as well. HTH
    Unbeknown to lots of people, Ecover are not Vegan.

Well, didn't food shop yesterday as intended and am not planning on shopping today, so it will be tomorrow, that will be 9 NSD's - totally unheard of for me. Have been digging deep in2 stores. Am going to try and get really inventive. I have massive catering tins of beans from AF, about 2600 mls, butter beans x3 and some black beans x3, am thinking of making chocolate spread with the black ones, anyone done this or have a recipe, I have cocoa powder and will get some golden syrup 2moz. I can Google, but any suggestions greatly received. Happy Friday everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure