What is your gas usage?

We've just had our bill for the quarter and it seems very high. Readings have been taken and the usage is 5185kWh.

We have a 4 bed house but we keep it cool and only have 4 of the radiators and two towel radiators on and have only been using the heating for an average of an hour a day. We use a gas hob but two of the rings were broken until recently so a lot of the time I was using alternative means for cooking. The washing machine and dishwasher are cold fill only and we try not to run any hot taps for handwashing etc (combi boiler). The only hot water used is for a shallow bath for the children every two nights and an average of 10 showers a week.

Comments

• penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello lemoncurd,
    I've added my gas consumption for the last 12 weeks and it comes out at 4604 Kwh.
    Peak consumption in the coldest weeks is around 460 Kwh per week.
    this is for a 3bed semi, conventional boiler, heated to 18c during the day and 20c during the evening going back to 15c overnight.
    House was built about 10 years ago and has about 4inches of loft insulation.
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • I don't know how many Kwh I use but I just got a bill for £235 for gas used between 21 Dec 2005 - 22 February 2006! I am with BG and live in a 3 bed detached house. It's not very well isulated, but we're getting it done soon.
  • Van1971 wrote:
    I don't know how many Kwh I use but I just got a bill for £235 for gas used between 21 Dec 2005 - 22 February 2006! I am with BG and live in a 3 bed detached house. It's not very well isulated, but we're getting it done soon.

We had BG as well (just switched) and it was £132 so maybe not so bad, but I really thought we were using very little gas.
  • I used Martin's Budget Planner recently so know EXACTLY what we're paying for everything.

I'm in a large 2 bed detached bungalow, GFCH - combi boiler - 1 gasfire, we cook with electric, take baths not showers and there are two - lovely and warm - adults.

My Total gas bill for the last 12 months was £392.00

So when I see the news reports on the price rises quoting the average annual gas bill of - what is it? 6 or 7 hundred quid - well, words fail me. :confused:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure