Together Energy ?

Options
Connie
Connie Posts: 91 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
edited 1 December 2016 at 3:11PM in Energy
As Together Energy seems to be a very new company, with limited geographical range at present, I don't suppose anyone has any experience of it to report, but thought I'd ask anyway.

The Which? website says:

" Together Energy is a new energy supplier for autumn 2016. Based in Dunbartonshire, its tariff is currently available only in Scotland. Together Energy aims to become the most trusted energy supplier in the UK and says it aims to resolve customer queries in eight hours."

It comes out as the cheapest option for me on energy comparison site Energylinx, but I don't know if it would be a good or bad idea to try them out.

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Too soon to know I would have thought. Following GBEnergy's recent failure and the OFGEM solution, you now have no fear of losing your money.
  • mikeyorkie10
    Options
    Connie wrote: »
    As Together Energy seems to be a very new company, with limited geographical range at present, I don't suppose anyone has any experience of it to report, but thought I'd ask anyway.

The Which? website says:

" Together Energy is a new energy supplier for autumn 2016. Based in Dunbartonshire, its tariff is currently available only in Scotland. Together Energy aims to become the most trusted energy supplier in the UK and says it aims to resolve customer queries in eight hours."

It comes out as the cheapest option for me on energy comparison site Energylinx, but I don't know if it would be a good or bad idea to try them out.
    did you go with them?
  • OverlandLandy
    Options
    Same Question...
    Any Feedback?

They are coming out cheapest for me (I am In Scotland)
    FYI - They don't appear on the MSE Comparison Site for some reason???
    I am NOT a Woman! - its Overland Landy (as in A Landrover that travels Overland):rolleyes:

Better to be approximately right than precisely wrong.
  • mikeyorkie10
    mikeyorkie10 Posts: 195 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 14 September 2017 at 7:10AM
    Options
    Same Question...
    Any Feedback?

They are coming out cheapest for me (I am In Scotland)
    FYI - They don't appear on the MSE Comparison Site for some reason???
    I'm in Yorkshire and I've decided and gone with them. The switch process started on the 27th August. Very prompt response and transfer set for next Monday - the 18th Sept so very quick. They do appear on Confused.com and Lumoapp and come out cheapest for me.
  • RD35
    Options
    Have just joined this company, no mention was made of only being available in Scotland and as I am in England hopefully there will not be any problems, they have taken my DD details so I hope I will be ok.RD35
  • mikeyorkie10
    mikeyorkie10 Posts: 195 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 17 September 2017 at 10:32AM
    Options
    RD35 wrote: »
    Have just joined this company, no mention was made of only being available in Scotland and as I am in England hopefully there will not be any problems, they have taken my DD details so I hope I will be ok.RD35
    I think they were Scotland only originally, now uk wide. I'm in Yorkshire My switchover date is tomorrow, been asked for meter readings :-)
  • mikeyorkie10
    Options
    Well my switch from BG went ahead as planned with TogetherEnergy last Monday (18th Sept) ... all seemed OK :). Smart meter still working afternoon of the 22nd but guess what, this morning - nothing but the 'Connecting to smart meter' message. The wifi signal icon is still there at full strength but no data. I can only guess that BG have turned something off in 'their' smart meters. I half expected that the in-house display side would still work but the only info is the temperature display!

Anyone else's switch completed yet? Smart Meters working?
  • Hoof_Hearted
    Options
    I moved to them 7/8 weeks ago. Smooth transfer and responsive to questions. I haven't had a bill yet. Web site a bit primitive as meter readings are emailed rather than filling in a web form.

Can't comment on smart meter as I wouldn't have one, at least not until they are compatible with all suppliers as I'm a regular switcher.
    Je suis sabot...
  • thozza
    thozza Posts: 304 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Move now completed, no problems so far. Submitting meter readings from our now dumb smart meter is a bit of a pain, involves having to email a picture of the display.
  • mikeyorkie10
    Options
    thozza wrote: »
    Move now completed, no problems so far. Submitting meter readings from our now dumb smart meter is a bit of a pain, involves having to email a picture of the display.
    I think the picture is first reading only.... email of readings from then on as I understand it ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure