mobile phone: how do i find my own number?

hello all: need your help (again). you know those free sims you get? i inserted one into a spare mobile phone and the units have now finished. Main point is that I have forgotten what the telephone number is (i threw away the detached slip). is there a number I can press on the phone to find out what this would be? (it was a free virgin sim). thanks :)
BLOODBATH IN THE EVENING THEN? :shocked: OR PERHAPS THE AFTERNOON? OR THE MORNING? OH, FORGET THIS MALARKEY!

THE KILLERS :cool:

THE PUNISHER :dance: MATURE CHEDDAR ADDICT:cool:

Comments

• espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I don't think that there is a number that can be keyed into the handset to get the number on the Virgin network but some makes of handset will display your own number e.g. Sony Ericsson. Get some fresh Virgin SIM's here.
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • isofa
    isofa Posts: 6,091 Forumite
    Usually the option is called Special Numbers or My Numbers, sometimes found in the address book / options, or settings, I'm pretty sure every phone has the setting somewhere... even if it's just a status display.

Also If you try to create a new "business card" on the phone it should place your number in it.

Alternatively, just ring another mobile and the number will appear. Or ring a landline from it and do a 1471!

Finally, is the number printed on the SIM at all?
  • free4440273
    free4440273 Posts: 38,438 Forumite
    OK: I just thought there might have been. thanks: anybody else know??
    BLOODBATH IN THE EVENING THEN? :shocked: OR PERHAPS THE AFTERNOON? OR THE MORNING? OH, FORGET THIS MALARKEY!

• free4440273
    free4440273 Posts: 38,438 Forumite
    Alternatively, just ring another mobile and the number will appear. Or ring a landline from it and do a 1471!
    Thanks isofa :)

• isofa
    isofa Posts: 6,091 Forumite
    No probs! :beer:
  • superscaper
    superscaper Posts: 13,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    espresso wrote: »
    e.g. Sony Ericsson.

Yep, use it myself when on occassion I have a mental block. On mine (T610) you just have to press one of the volume control buttons when on the main menu to display some info including the tel number.
    "She is quite the oddball. Did you notice how she didn't even get excited when she saw this original ZX-81?"
    Moss
  • reehsetin
    reehsetin Posts: 4,916 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    ^works on all sony ericssons, same way pressing down on volume key
    Yes Your Dukeiness :D
  • spaceman5
    spaceman5 Posts: 2,716 Forumite
    isofa wrote: »
    Alternatively, just ring another mobile and the number will appear. Or ring a landline from it and do a 1471!quote]

remember to make sure the option to hide ur number is not on :rotfl: :rotfl:
    Take every day as it comes!!
  • nikiyoung
    nikiyoung Posts: 576 Forumite
    *#100# works on vodafone dont know if it works on anything else.
    Niki
    :wave:
  • BexTech
    BexTech Posts: 4,772 Forumite
    nikiyoung wrote: »
    *#100# works on vodafone dont know if it works on anything else.
    Niki

No, just Vodafone.
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure