BuyMobilePhones.net (merged)

Russ66
Russ66 Posts: 549
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
Hi folks,

A workmate of mine asked me if I knew anything about http://buymobilephones.net/

I've never heard of them and was wondering if any of you MSE'rs had, or has anyone had any previous dealings with them??

Thanks in advance :)
You're Damned If You Do & You're Damned If You Don't :doh:

Comments

• Russ66
    Russ66 Posts: 549
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Russ66 wrote:
    I've never heard of them and was wondering if any of you MSE'rs had, or has anyone had any previous dealings with them??

Thanks in advance :)

Anybody ???

Even a "NO" would be good :)
    You're Damned If You Do & You're Damned If You Don't :doh:
  • -1-
    -1- Posts: 1,289
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    It's an ok site/retailer.

I'd check out e2save or onestopphoneshop before buymobilephones.

bmp usually do random offers like free quad bike or free moto bike etc...

I've heard some people order from there and had no problems, but others had problems .

Try and stick with retailers connected with big companies like e2save and onestop who are both part of carphone warehouse.
    :wave: Smile, you only get one life, LIVE IT.
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,698
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    A friend got a cashback deal from them. In the paper work it says that there are some cashback vouchers but none were received(i doubt this is the first time this has happened), and if you don't respond within 14 days to tell them this they will not send any more. Have sent an email asking for more,said no.

Where do you go from here??
  • pesky2
    pesky2 Posts: 2,191 Forumite
    I am trying to find out the same info and advice about cancelling the insurance after the initial free 3 months
  • Boatman:
    It seems that Buymobilephones have recently introduced their voucher system possibly in line with CPW group. I too was worried when I went to do the paperwork for my 4th month cashback in July. I called them and was told that I didn't need to as it wasn't part of the T&Cs at the time. You do have to send them page 1 & 2 of the Original Bill.
    Any doubts, call them - BMP 01773 522301 or 0800 0195333

pesky2 (Who is pesky1?):
    The Direct Debit bank details you provided will have the name of the insurance company on your Bank website payments section. Mine was called CityMain - Tel; 0870 458 7002, Fax; 0870 444 2633. This has to be cancelled in writing within the 3 month period (provided you don't want to pay extra). I would do that at least 2 weeks before the end of the trial/DD date as the DD will kick in. I faxed my cancellation to them and they were very prompt with a written acknowledgement. Ohh, and don't forget to cancel your direct debit with your bank.

I hope this is helpful... Saverdude
  • boatman wrote:
    A friend got a cashback deal from them. In the paper work it says that there are some cashback vouchers but none were received(i doubt this is the first time this has happened), and if you don't respond within 14 days to tell them this they will not send any more. Have sent an email asking for more,said no.

Where do you go from here??

Hi Boatman,

I've been collecting any documentation that I can get my hands on in order to be able to help people such as yourself.

As luck would have it, I have a generic-looking claims voucher for Buy Mobile Phones. It says that you need to print a copy for each claim to be made.

If you PM me your email address I would be only too happy to email this document to you.

To everyone else looking for copies of claims vouchers...give me time and I'll try and get a webpage put together where you can download what you need on demand.

However, my collection is still far from complete - if anyone has any generic-looking (i.e. not specific to you or your package) printable claims vouchers that they would be willing to donate to the collection, I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated by all.

HtH
    Reestit Mutton
    For anyone wishing to contact me privately to ask me a question, can I ask that you email me directly as my PM box is often full.
  • SaverDude wrote:
    Boatman:
    It seems that Buymobilephones have recently introduced their voucher system possibly in line with CPW group. I too was worried when I went to do the paperwork for my 4th month cashback in July. I called them and was told that I didn't need to as it wasn't part of the T&Cs at the time. You do have to send them page 1 & 2 of the Original Bill.
    Any doubts, call them - BMP 01773 522301 or 0800 0195333

Hi SaverDude,

I got my contract at the end of May. Do you know if they have introduced voucher system at that time? I also have not received vouchers. Just checked their T&C's and noticed that they will not replace any vouchers. What shall I do if they refuse to give me cashback? :mad:

Boatman, when did your friend got his contract? Was it before 12 June this year or after?

Thanks both.

Jane
  • SunnyJane
    SunnyJane Posts: 30 Forumite
    I wonder if anybody can tell me when buymobileshop.net introduced vouchure system. From their current T&C's it looks that they now ask for vouchures for all Cashback offers. Strangely, I never received vouchure or anything similar. I first had a contract with them at the end of May this year.

From many replies on the forum it can see that buymobileshop.net is not considered very honest and trustworthy, seems many people had problems with them.

Can I still have my cashback? :(
  • Hi Boatman,

I've been collecting any documentation that I can get my hands on in order to be able to help people such as yourself.

As luck would have it, I have a generic-looking claims voucher for Buy Mobile Phones. It says that you need to print a copy for each claim to be made.

If you PM me your email address I would be only too happy to email this document to you.

To everyone else looking for copies of claims vouchers...give me time and I'll try and get a webpage put together where you can download what you need on demand.

However, my collection is still far from complete - if anyone has any generic-looking (i.e. not specific to you or your package) printable claims vouchers that they would be willing to donate to the collection, I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated by all.

HtH
    Reestit Mutton

Hi Reestit,

Could you send me a copy of the generic looking voucher? .

Thanks

Jane
  • SunnyJane wrote:
    Hi Reestit,

Could you send me a copy of the generic looking voucher? My email <EMAIL ADDRESS SNIPPED>.

Thanks

Jane

Hi Jane,

On May 01, BuyMobilePhones shortened the claims period from 28 days to 21 days.

On June 12, they introduced the vouchers and, rather cunningly, shortened the claims period further to 14 days but only choose to mention this on the vouchers sent to you after purchase (i.e. the website simply tells you to claim "within the time period set out on the voucher").

On the basis of your stated date of purchase you should not require vouchers as these would only apply to purchases made on or after 12 June. However, for your peace of mind I have emailed you a copy of the requested document.

BTW...I would advise removing your email address from the above post (click on "Edit" to edit the post) otherwise you will end up with far more junk mail than you can shake a stick at.

It's not difficult to compile an email address database for spamming by visiting usenet and various forums and lifting anything that looks like an email address by automatic means. The spammers don't care about the thousands of fake addresses that this harvests as long as there are also plenty of real ones among them - In any case, the first set of bounced emails notifications that they receive will contain enough information to automatically identify and remove the majority of the noise in their database.

and before you ask...no, I'm not a reformed spammer. I'm just highly skilled at information extraction.

HtH
    Reestit Mutton
    For anyone wishing to contact me privately to ask me a question, can I ask that you email me directly as my PM box is often full.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure