Merlin annual pass half price, £75

Comments

• jellyhead
    jellyhead Posts: 21,555 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    trynsave wrote: »
    I've never actually bought a Merlin pass before so how does the 'disabled' one work? I want it for my daughter, with me as her carer.

Do I get an annual pass too that specifies it is a complimentary 'carer' one, does my picture get added to her card or do I just get let in / out where she goes?

It will be your daughter's photo on the carer pass too, same picture on both, and they have to be used together, so you can't use it without her. She could have anyone as her carer as long as they are over 14 I think? A different person every time if needs be.

i don't know what documentation you need to show when you collect it though.
    52% tight
  • have i missed something

Family of 3 = 1 adult + 2 children OR 2 adults + 1 child
    £264.00

or

3 X Individual
    £75.00
  • pompeyrich
    pompeyrich Posts: 3,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    matt987106 wrote: »
    have i missed something

Family of 3 = 1 adult + 2 children OR 2 adults + 1 child
    £264.00

or

3 X Individual
    £75.00

Normal cost for individual is £150, pretty much on offer all year for 20% off at £120. So the family offer is normally cheaper, the child has to be under 12 though. At the moment £75 per person, adult or child, is a better deal, only until 10th Jan.
  • Destroyer
    Destroyer Posts: 432 Forumite
    am surprised this thread hasnt exploded ?? must be the new years hangovers !!!
    I usually like to drink my whisky neat :cool2:
  • trynsave
    trynsave Posts: 812 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    jellyhead wrote: »
    It will be your daughter's photo on the carer pass too, same picture on both, and they have to be used together, so you can't use it without her. She could have anyone as her carer as long as they are over 14 I think? A different person every time if needs be.

i don't know what documentation you need to show when you collect it though.

Thanks for the reply. Seems obvious now you've explained it - as with most things!
  • jodie114
    jodie114 Posts: 417 Forumite
    ok, we are a family of 3, 2 adults one child. i am disabled. could i buy a disabled one for me through tesco cc, and get oh free, then pay £75 for my sons one?
    i only have enough cc points for one card at the mo, but couldn't justify £150!
    Ok, ok, i need to go back onto Weightwatchers, lost 7 stone..... 2 back on, this has to change.....Help!!!:eek:
  • Rajeev
    Rajeev Posts: 70 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Hi, Quidco is currently offering 8% Cashback for a Merlin Annual Pass if brough from LegoLand Web site.
    Has anyone tried and did it track ?

regards and Happy New Year!:rolleyes:
  • Ladyshopper
    Ladyshopper Posts: 2,454 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    How do the passes work, do you have to take a photo with you or do they take a pic when you go?
    Does anyone know when the gift vouchers run out?
    I noticed it says the sea life centres, so does that mean the one in Blackpool and cheshire oaks?
    One last qustion, my lad is under 12 so is it worth buying him one or just paying for him at each attraction?

Yes it covers Blackpool, we went in October half term and used our passes.
  • BlueCow1975
    BlueCow1975 Posts: 1,422 Forumite
    How do the passes work, do you have to take a photo with you or do they take a pic when you go?
    Does anyone know when the gift vouchers run out?
    I noticed it says the sea life centres, so does that mean the one in Blackpool and cheshire oaks?
    One last qustion, my lad is under 12 so is it worth buying him one or just paying for him at each attraction?

I think that the Cheshire Oaks place is the Blue Planet Aquarium - which is not the same group as Sealife as far as I am aware. I looked into their annual passes the other year and at around £100 I decided it wasn't worth it!
  • jellyhead
    jellyhead Posts: 21,555 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    jodie114 wrote: »
    ok, we are a family of 3, 2 adults one child. i am disabled. could i buy a disabled one for me through tesco cc, and get oh free, then pay £75 for my sons one?
    i only have enough cc points for one card at the mo, but couldn't justify £150!

I don't think you can buy the disabled pass with tesco points. I may be wrong, but my sister has always had to pay cash for hers.
    52% tight
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport