Parking near Outside London

Train travel to London from Northampton is quite expensive so Ive heard that there are car parks outside of London next to the tube station that charge £1 a day. Does anyone know where these are and if they are £1 all day.
Hope you can help!:confused:

Comments

• Not sure about any that are £1 a day, in our area there are a few stations that are £2.50 per day, we are on the Metropolitan, Piccadily, and Jubilee lines - not sure if that helps.
    2014 20p savers club #2 I've given up trying to keep track of how much that pig eats!
    2014 £2 savers club #3 - I've no idea, but the pig is beginning to get mighty heavy :eek:
    Sealed pot challenge No.7 #088
  • All tube station car parks are here.
    If you're coming down the M1 then Stanmore at the end of the jubilee line is handy.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/tubestationcarparks/default.aspx
  • oligeo
    oligeo Posts: 263
    First Post
    Forumite
    Hi Lollapalooza01, I'm in Northampton too. We go to London alot, on Sundays, and drive to central London. There's no congestion charge, and we generally manage park on a single yellow line - which is free. If we can't manage to park on a single yellow we head to an NCP car park, its still cheaper than train tickets and underground tickets for two adults (our kids are 3 and 4 so free on the train)
    We've had loads of really cheap days out in London, we went to the history museum last week, which is free entry and I made a picnic.

Sarah
  • vivatifosi
    vivatifosi Posts: 18,746
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee! PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    I'm on the same train line too (but further down) and use either Stanmore or Chorleywood as my cheap tube alternatives. If you're going to do this a lot its well worth getting an Oyster card. Stanmore costs £1 to park at weekends, Chorleywood costs £1 on Saturday and is free on Sunday. Fares are slightly more from Chorleywood, but the line is faster and the station is further out from London so petrol may be slightly less.

An additional bonus is that if there is a concert at Wembley Arena or an event at the stadium you can use either station mentioned at a weekend and get there for £1 each way on Oyster (as well as the parking being free on a Sunday at Chorleywood). I can generally get a seat too as most people are taking tubes in the other direction.
    Please stay safe in the sun and learn the A-E of melanoma: A = asymmetry, B = irregular borders, C= different colours, D= diameter, larger than 6mm, E = evolving, is your mole changing? Most moles are not cancerous, any doubts, please check next time you visit your GP.
  • skysky69
    skysky69 Posts: 436 Forumite
    I live in Northampton and went to London on Saturday. We came off M1 at Junction 4, about a mile down the road is Edgware station. You can park in the Sainsburys next door in a kind of sub car park for commuters which is £2.50 for the day. This is on the northern line and we were in centre of London within 20 minutes of parking up.
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 607 - Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts :T
    One day maybe I will be debt free :o
  • jkmum
    jkmum Posts: 71 Forumite
    Thanks for really useful info. We were planning a couple of days in London when we next visited my parents who live in Hertfordshire and after pricing up train fares for the family it would have been cheaper to get a hotel! Will definitely be driving to a tube station now. And kids under 11 travel free in London so extra saving there too :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure