Re-opening TSB Classic Account

Hi

I've recently switched a TSB Classic account to take advantage of the Natwest incentive and was just wondering where I would stand if I re-opened an account with TSB. Will my chances of being accepted be damaged by the recent switch?
I've done this before with Halifax but the time gap was 12 months.
Any thoughts anyone?

Many thanks

Comments

• 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    I did exactly the same - decided to wait until (if) TSB have a switching bonus (not the refer a friend) and then try switching NatWest back to TSB that way. No reason to doubt you will be accepted.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    I tried this but did not get a TSB. May try again in a few months.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Mchambers wrote: »
    I tried this but did not get a TSB. May try again in a few months.
    Do you mean you could not open another TSB current account or that you were unable to get a switch bonus, having initially switched away from TSB ?
  • Mchambers
    teddysmum wrote: »
    Do you mean you could not open another TSB current account or that you were unable to get a switch bonus, having initially switched away from TSB ?

Bonus switch is my answer.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    18cc wrote: »
    I did exactly the same - decided to wait until (if) TSB have a switching bonus (not the refer a friend) and then try switching NatWest back to TSB that way. No reason to doubt you will be accepted.

I think they will accept you, but doubt they would give a switch incentive as you have previously been a customer, besides not offering the current new customer special deal (T&Cs do say you can only have one deal.)

Our Nationwide Regular Savers are due to mature at the end of the month, so I've just webchatted to confirm that we can just keep the joint Flexdirect current account to open new sole Regular Savers and transfer away the two sole Flexdirects to earn incentives elsewhere.

They also confirmed that we could reopen Flexdirect accounts which would only have 1% interest, at a later date.
  • Jeems
    Jeems Posts: 202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I did this last year and it was fine. Switched my TSB to Halifax for the £125 and when I saw the MSE deal in December, I switched back and got £130 from TSB. As a new-ish customer, my TSB account also now gets £5 for 2 DD's going out and £5 for 20+ monthly transactions which it didnt get before.
  • Thanks for peoples thoughts but I'm just after the 3% interest on £1500. I realise I can't get the switch bonus as I've already had one recently.
    I was interested to know if anyone thought I may have a problem doing this.

Cheers
  • clivep
    clivep Posts: 576 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I switched in for incentive in February 2017 then switched out to COOP in October.

I then opened a replacement one in November 2017 (no switch) for the interest and potential £5/month for 2 x DDs (wasn't sure if having the previous a/c disqualified me from this).

All OK and pleasantly surprised that the £5/month for the DDs has also been paid. New a/c was showing when logged in using the old login details.

Based on my experience you may well get the £5/month for manually adding 2 x DDs and the current offer gives this cashback until 31st December 2018. Worthwhile as it's actually more per month than the interest on £1,500.
  • Mchambers
    clivep wrote: »
    I switched in for incentive in February 2017 then switched out to COOP in October.

I then opened a replacement one in November 2017 (no switch) for the interest and potential £5/month for 2 x DDs (wasn't sure if having the previous a/c disqualified me from this).

All OK and pleasantly surprised that the £5/month for the DDs has also been paid. New a/c was showing when logged in using the old login details.

Based on my experience you may well get the £5/month for manually adding 2 x DDs and the current offer gives this cashback until 31st December 2018. Worthwhile as it's actually more per month than the interest on £1,500.

I have got 2 accounts paying £5 per month.
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Mchambers wrote: »
    I have got 2 accounts paying £5 per month.

You reckon, do you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport