New Journey

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    You have nearly got me PSL but I may visit the gym but slim I ain't . It all went south in my 40's and has carried on ! I am known to doss on the sofa in my pjs for the day occasionally.
  • System
    Yippee ,its payday.

Haircut day as well.
  • Happy payday! I sometimes think we wish our lives away between paydays when we are on a debtfree journey, but there is always the thrill of paying a bit more off! I am like you, slim until 40 and then peri menopause kick in and boy did it hit (anyway that's my excuse and I am sticking to it!) :)
    Debt 04/11/22 - £0.00
    Emergency Fund Goal - £1000/£106.89
    Living Fund 1 Year - £2520/£640
    Travel Pot - £2000/£350
    Regular Saving Fund £4800/£400
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,239 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Peri menapause for me too :(

Happy hair day & happy payday :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • My menopause has well and truly got me in it's grip and weight gain is hard to avoid, not to mention the mood swings :mad:

Talking of wanting to be young again, I'd like to have the body I had at 25 with the confidence I have at 53 :D
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Can you throw some of that confidence my way Hairy? Why do we always gain confidence as we get older and not have it in our prime (obviously this doesn't apply to everyone).
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • System
    Glad it's not only me that succumbed to extra weight in later life ! Personally I have flown through the menopause not had any symptoms, apart from dreadful sleep pattern and a fuzzy brain ?

May be bigger now than in the past , but I am very body confident, and definitely not a wallflower.

Anyhow decorating done £165 plus few other little jobs done by same man.

Hair coloured and fringe cut by niece who is a hairdresser £20 .

After tidying up after decorator, will do all my transfers tomorrow when I am more with it .
  • Are you pleased with the decorating Cumbria? I bet it looks good. That's a good price for having colour put in :)

I was a timid mouse when I was young DFD but I have gained so much confidence over the years that I feel like a very different person now. Strangely I think that surviving some very bad times has made me tougher and more confident :o
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • System
    The job has been done adequately, it's a rented property so it's ok for the price. The fella who has done it does all our families jobs apart from gas and electric. He is reliable and very trustworthy , yes it does look nice and clean. I have never done decorating and know I could do it cheaper myself but I haven't got the interest.

Agree with you Hairy , would love to go back to 20's with today's confidence.
  • The fella who has done it does all our families jobs apart from gas and electric. He is reliable and very trustworthy
    You are so lucky to have him. This is exactly what I need too...
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills