I can do this!

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Good work on the car insurance - interesting your comment about Kwikfit though - we had our breakdown cover through them a couple of years ago and found them extremely good and very reasonable on price. Glad your Quidco has tracked too - I solely do TCB these days, and haven't even had anything out of that on insurances the last couple of years as we've pretty much stuck where we were as prices have held. That in itself is of course good - lack of cashback opportunities, less so! :rotfl:
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    LOL in Kwikfits defence my polikcy was Green Insurance but they have now become Kwikfit or bought by or whatever - it's the same people moved over allegedly and they were incompetent (it was a windscreen... nothing onerous!) - I soent hours where they passed my call over to the underwriters... (Axa) which shouldn't have happened - so in the end I dealt with Axa, got approval from Axa and got it sorted after getting a manager there to deal with it... he despaired at them too...

Never again! Now with Hastings who my bike is with and who I have dealt with previous years so not only one of the better prices but also someone I know will be less hassle :) hooray LOL
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • Aah now coincidentally Axa is who we are with for breakdown now - and they may just be the best breakdown company I've ever dealt with. Proper sensible joined-up thinking when we broke down in the Hebrides back in the spring - lass on the phone agreed wholeheartedly when I said it made most sense if she told me where their approved garages were so I could tell her my nearest, and then just got the garage to ring me to work out our location, rather than her trying to work it out and pass on to them. Worked a treat, and in spite being in the middle of nowhere with a very flaky mobile signal, we were back on the road with a new battery fitted an hour after the original call was made. :T

MrEH was with Hasting a few years ago and had a windscreen claim while he was with them - all went very smoothly so far as I recall!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    she/her
  • MrsTinks
    Makes such a difference when they know how to deal with customers doesn't it? :)

Most of my clients are in the insurance industry and they're catching on to service big time. They've worked out that a few quid on a decent contact initially saves them time and money long term. Also likely to get them low cost new business as people recommend their services so it's free advertising and the most effective advertising as people are more receptive to it.

Think about it... if you have a crash and it isn't your fault. If the other cars insurer handles everything, are friendly and make an effort - when you come to renew and you have a choice between 2 or 3 companies and their name crops up? You're going to go with that company - and anyone you've told about it will too :) It's basic but so many companies forgot it for a long time!
    DFW Nerd #025

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,480 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    One of the reasons I will never use Direct Line [again] or reccommend them to anyone.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • -taff wrote: »
    One of the reasons I will never use Direct Line [again] or reccommend them to anyone.

Yes - Admiral/Diamond are my equivalent. Poorly handled claim, followed by Admiral actually charging me an additional £50 on my premium because the claim was confirmed "no fault" on my part. Add in their habit of increasing renewal premiums extortionately even when nothing on the policy has changed - then when you ring them to cancel, saying "Oh I'm sure there's something we can do about that..." and reducing the cost right back down again. I hate that sort of profiteering and simply refuse to play these days.
    she/her
  • MrsTinks
    Oh they'll all do that "I'm sure there is something we can do about that" - not much we'll do to change that unless everyone starts leaving companies who do... it's free money to them after all.

I do mainly deal with underwriters but it feels like a lot of attitudes are changing which is good :)
    DFW Nerd #025

• MrsTinks
    Today I ordered my christmas ducks (we don't do turkey lol) through Market porter - they have a 25% early bird offer which made 2 stuffed ducks, sausages, sausage meat and bacon including delivery £56.25 :)

Given I have paid more than that in the past and I always struggle to find time to get to a butchers with all the running about I thought I'd get at least that out of the way this morning! :D Not the cheapest but hopefully the easiest for me without being silly prices :)
    DFW Nerd #025

• MrsTinks
    Why are weekends so short!

Meh! Totally not inspired today, but must toil on... right after I update my "earn £10 a day challenge" lol Procrastination? Moi!!!
    DFW Nerd #025

• MrsTinks wrote: »
    Why are weekends so short!

Meh! Totally not inspired today, but must toil on... right after I update my "earn £10 a day challenge" lol Procrastination? Moi!!!

:rotfl::rotfl: I identify totally! (with both points!)
    she/her
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business