Barclays won’t let me pay cash in without a card anymore.

Options
13»

Comments

• jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    I regularly pay into my lovely E-Wifes account, i pay cash into the bank to her Barclays account..Now I cant do this anymore.

Im homeless, I dont have a bank account anymore, she got the house, the cars, the kids etc...I got all the debts which I struggled to pay. I ended up jobless and homeless.... I do however still try and pay maintenance when ever I get some cash..

But now I cant even do that. I have no chance of opening an account .. god I have tried, but no chance without proper documentation. I cant even change my driving licence into a friends address because DVLC don't believe I liver their, they say I have to prove I live their by having bills in my name?? Bills like phone bills or utility bills..I have none of these, I explained I don't live their, but do stay on occasions....I'm rambling..sorry.

So, I cant give my kids any money unless I walk the 125 miles to see them and give it to them in hard cash...I don't want to give money to my friend to go thru his bank account..its personal to me.
    !!!! you barclays.

Life is so hard anyway without this mush .

Im sure all those politicians and other rich sods are creaming money all over the world to offshore accounts,, but its the little people like me that get the blame and end up destitute and lost in this world.

Yet you are able to access the internet??
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,103 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Yet you are able to access the internet??

Possibly at Libraries ?
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You can buy a postal order at the Post Office and post it to the other person.
  • faddy
    faddy Posts: 508 Forumite
    Options
    Hoogle wrote: »
    You should be careful paying money into someones account on benefits, if the DWP ever ask for bank statements and he has never declared it, you could get your brother sanctioned and investigated. Doesnt seem like a lot £100 here and there but to DWP it could be. If he can not work is he on ESA support group ? or even applying for PIP if he is struggling financially which I can imagine many people on benefits are, at least make sure he is claiming everything he is entitled to. Last thing you want is a fraud investigation on his claim.

"Any income you receive from voluntary sources - such as from friends and family or from charities - is disregarded completely when calculating benefits. This means the amount of benefit you are entitled to is not affected by this kind of income." (from https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/benefits-charity)
  • bronco459
    Options
    Lot of comments blaming the banks  however ever its governmental intervention you can pay cheques in with sort code and account number, but cash has to be paid into your own account and then transferred to an account of your choosing, or use a preprinted paying in slip for the destination account. easy not hassle no issues its called progress and helps secure your money, also money laundering funding drugs and or terrorism, subscribe to mobile or online banking and you don't even need to go into a branch and cheque clearance and now take just two working days. a bank would never suggest you give money to someone else to process if caught you could very well loose your account for breaching Ts and Cs as could you if you used someone else's debit card without exceptional circumstance. Why should you be able to withdraw cash from a bank without your debit card or suitable photographic ID? to expect to be able to do that is plainly ridiculous. wise up people its 2020 and there are many nasty people out there Frauding and Scamming accounts anything to protect your money has to be good. Happy Banking All.
  • John_
    John_ Posts: 925 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    docmatt said:
    Yep, Barclays and several other banks are moving to a "no identification, no deposit" policy.

The simplest thing for you is probably to just use your own bank or online/mobile banking to transfer your brother the money. Or, if you really must pay in cash, ask your brother to order a paying in book and send you some of the slips.

Ok I’ll get him to order some slips and do it that way. Many thanks.
    Why not pay it into your own account? A cynical person may wonder if you are not declaring these amounts for tax. I can’t immediately think of a good reason for you wanting to avoid the easiest route.
  • Chino
    Chino Posts: 2,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 28 February 2020 at 9:23PM
    Options
    bronco459 said:
    Happy Banking All.
    Surely, as a first-time poster, there are some far older threads you could have dredged up? (although I will grant you that dredging-up a thread started in January 2018 is fairly good going as a first attempt)
  • Dr_Crypto
    Dr_Crypto Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Yup that’s their policy.
    Options that spring to mind are:
    1. Pay the money into your account and make an online payment to him.
    2. Pay the money into your account and send him a cheque.
    3. Ask him to get some paying in slips and then use these to deposit at a branch or post office. 
  • GreenBitterfly
    Options
    bronco459 said:
    Lot of comments blaming the banks  however ever its governmental intervention you can pay cheques in with sort code and account number, but cash has to be paid into your own account and then transferred to an account of your choosing, or use a preprinted paying in slip for the destination account. easy not hassle no issues its called progress and helps secure your money, also money laundering funding drugs and or terrorism, subscribe to mobile or online banking and you don't even need to go into a branch and cheque clearance and now take just two working days. a bank would never suggest you give money to someone else to process if caught you could very well loose your account for breaching Ts and Cs as could you if you used someone else's debit card without exceptional circumstance. Why should you be able to withdraw cash from a bank without your debit card or suitable photographic ID? to expect to be able to do that is plainly ridiculous. wise up people its 2020 and there are many nasty people out there Frauding and Scamming accounts anything to protect your money has to be good. Happy Banking All.
    Yes, but the post was made in 2018.
  • nick74
    nick74 Posts: 829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 1 March 2020 at 11:48AM
    Options
    Chino said:
    bronco459 said:
    Happy Banking All.
    Surely, as a first-time poster, there are some far older threads you could have dredged up? (although I will grant you that dredging-up a thread started in January 2018 is fairly good going as a first attempt)
    I'm sure someone must be able to drag one up complaining that their local tithe barn no longer accepts payment in the form of rabbits?

I agree with some of the earlier comments though, the only reason the OP would need to do what they were doing was if they were not declaring the money in their takings.

'The pesky banks with their anti money laundering rules.. preventing people like me from laundering my money..' 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure