PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Options

Comments

• moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-71387741.html

I think there are hidden depths to the photos you refer to, which work at a subliminal level.

The placing of the incinerator next to an iris foetidissima (or stinking iris) is representative of feng shui cleansing about to take place. The clever juxtaposition of the bins is obviously representative of the energies of yin and yang which flow through the property, neatly echoed by the gates behind.

....And if those influences aren't sufficient, there are plenty of twigs about the interior spaces as well. All bases covered. Can't fail.;)

:rotfl:Considering they're certainly maintaining privacy within the house - every window with "privacy" stuff/a totally shut blind/etc - I think I might have stuck some tall plants in pots along that fence in photo 20. That would indicate "It is possible to block out the view of houses/light/etc to some extent".

Though, personally, knowing one of the first things I'd do would be to put some suitable tall plants in that garden border in that photo (ie for that reason) it's reminded me again there is definitely a market for well-grown plants/shrubs/trees about 8' - 10' tall and that won't grow much taller. Courtesy of all the British gardens that need summat there at boundaries for privacy purposes.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options

Though, personally, knowing one of the first things I'd do would be to put some suitable tall plants in that garden border in that photo (ie for that reason) it's reminded me again there is definitely a market for well-grown plants/shrubs/trees about 8' - 10' tall and that won't grow much taller. Courtesy of all the British gardens that need summat there at boundaries for privacy purposes.
    That's a front garden, where the space isn't as expansive as the photo makes it appear, so it won't really take 8'-10' shrubs. All shrubs and trees are best bought young.

Front gardens tend to be fairly viewable, unless there's nowt at the rear. 'Old person hiding behind a mass of foliage from God knows what.' isn't really the style most of us go for!
  • LandyAndy
    LandyAndy Posts: 26,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    That's a front garden, where the space isn't as expansive as the photo makes it appear, so it won't really take 8'-10' shrubs. All shrubs and trees are best bought young.

Front gardens tend to be fairly viewable, unless there's nowt at the rear. 'Old person hiding behind a mass of foliage from God knows what.' isn't really the style most of us go for!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:Pushing your luck, Dave. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Davesnave
    Options
    LandyAndy wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:Pushing your luck, Dave. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    I'm older than money and my front garden's nothing to shout about right now, but when we bought this place it had:
    • a front fence backed by brambles
    • a semi circle of about 40 unpruned trees
    • a moat
    • a long barrow over 1m high and 10m long, filled with bulding materials
    • a failed pond
    • bamboos
    All these have gone. Now we have a view. :D
  • victoriavictorious
    Options
    I don't see the point of this listing; why bother to put it on RM at all??!!
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/s6p/51798105
  • Exoterror
    Exoterror Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    I don't see the point of this listing; why bother to put it on RM at all??!!
    <link removed as I'm a new user>
    Apparently it's in the middle of the cemetery. I know this will just be the normal "marker is in the middle of the postcode" issue, but I agree that with being "ready for viewings at the start of December" it seems to be on RM far too early.
  • victoriavictorious
    Options
    Exoterror wrote: »
    Apparently it's in the middle of the cemetery. I know this will just be the normal "marker is in the middle of the postcode" issue, but I agree that with being "ready for viewings at the start of December" it seems to be on RM far too early.
    Well, we're now halfway through March and it's still not on there. They could at least remove it. The house will be on Bowthorpe Road.
    Lazy slapdash agent strikes again.
  • Davesnave
    Options
    It could be a case of, "Oh, that one's gone, but we have others like it."
  • lauraland
    lauraland Posts: 1,677 Forumite
    Options
  • shortcrust
    shortcrust Posts: 2,697 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Newshound!
    Options
    lauraland wrote: »

Oo, I'd love to show that to the folk at no 76!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure