Esa50 renewel ... worried and stressed

Comments

• poppy12345 wrote: »
    Some people are waiting over 6 months for a re-assessment, the amount of time you've been waiting isn't long.

There's nothing you can do about it. Why would you want to ring them? You're being paid your money and that's the main thing. If a decision doesn't go in your favour your money will stop. No one wants that to happen.

There's backlogs in all areas and this adds to the waiting times for assessments and decisions. Try to relax.

I couldn't agree more. I didn't expect my appointment until after christmas and was more than happy to wait as long as possible. Now it's in a couple of weeks so I could receive bad news just before christmas.
  • easy
    easy Posts: 2,516 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I couldn't agree more. I didn't expect my appointment until after christmas and was more than happy to wait as long as possible. Now it's in a couple of weeks so I could receive bad news just before christmas.

But equally you could get a positive result, and have everything settled and be able to relax before Christmas.

I am concerned that everyone assumes that these assessments are all "out to get" the claimants. Please try to remember that the horror stories people post on here are not necessarily typical. Most people who get satisfactory awards don't report on here.
    That means we can get things badly out of perspective unless we are careful.
    I try not to get too stressed out on the forum. I won't argue, i'll just leave a thread if you don't like what I say. :)
  • minimad1970
    minimad1970 Posts: 6,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    easy wrote: »
    But equally you could get a positive result, and have everything settled and be able to relax before Christmas.

I am concerned that everyone assumes that these assessments are all "out to get" the claimants. Please try to remember that the horror stories people post on here are not necessarily typical. Most people who get satisfactory awards don't report on here.

I try to think positively about the outcome and I was really surprised by the result last time, but my brain just won't have it. The assessor I saw last time was really nice and asked just the right questions, things that I never would've thought to say. But I'm better prepared to deal with it if I tell myself to expect bad news. The brain is a weird and wonderful thing :)
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,945 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    easy wrote: »

The reason people assume that is because they do far too much internet searching. You're right we only ever hear the bad stories.

I've never had a bad report for either of my assessments, PIP or ESA. The first ESA assessment i was placed straight into the Support Group. Last years review was paper based decision which kept me in there. Never had any lies or anything bad said throughout any assessment reports. The good stories are out there, you're right.
  • sandra1980123
    sandra1980123 Posts: 30 Forumite
    edited 26 November 2017 at 2:17AM
    First time I applied for esa I got support group with no f2f I didn't even send any evidence with my ESA50 as I didn't know that I had to,

On reassessment I didn't put as much detail in my ESA50 got forced to go for a f2f(even though I provided evidence that I couldn't cope with it)ended up on diazepam to get me there,the person doing the assessment lied and ignored evidence that I sent this time because of reading all the horror stories she pretended to be sympathetic but then kicked me out of support group with 0 points.Luckily the DM called me to tell my claim was closed and I had a chance to set him straight he overturned the decision and put me straight back into the support group.

So I have had good and bad assessments and I definitely won't be leaving any details out of my ESA50 on my next reassessment.

Hopefully you don't wait to much longer Daisy.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,945 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    First time I applied for esa I got support group with no f2f I didn't even send any evidence with my ESA50 as I didn't know that I had to,

On reassessment I didn't put as much detail in my ESA50 got forced to go for a f2f(even though I provided evidence that I couldn't cope with it)ended up on diazepam to get me there,the person doing the assessment lied and ignored evidence that I sent this time because of reading all the horror stories she pretended to be sympathetic but then kicked me out of support group with 0 points.Luckily the DM called me to tell my claim was closed and I had a chance to set him straight he overturned the decision and put me straight back into the support group.

So I have had good and bad assessments and I definitely won't be leaving any details out of my ESA50 on my next reassessment.

Hopefully you don't wait to much longer Daisy.
    It's worth remembering that being placed in the Support Group isn't about scoring points. It's about satisfying at least 1 of the Support Group descriptors, or reg 35.
  • I know I met a support group descriptor on my first claim but on this claim I am under reg35 so I qualify for support group both ways but would rather be under the descriptor which I should get again at next reassessment unless they move the goalposts again.
  • It’s more about living with the stress then the money coming in .... don’t get me wrong I understand I’m still being paid so should be happy but with my conditions change etc is very very hard to cope with and the fact things might change and I don’t know if they will or won’t is causing me extreme distress . The sooner I find out the sooner I can try and cope with it if you get what I mean ??

I did call them and they said they had received it and it was with medical services . She said there were no notes on the computer about wanting extra evidence or arranging a f2f YET . She said there was no time scale either but did say my original claim was up the 12th September ( I think .. deffo September anyway ) ....

Just keep waiting I suppose

Good luck to all
  • sandra1980123
    sandra1980123 Posts: 30 Forumite
    edited 30 November 2017 at 9:12AM
    I know it's easier said than done but worrying won't change anything,you just need to try and accept there is nothing you can do you just need to wait.
  • nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    as above really. i receive ESA and DLA. and am waiting the PIP invitation.
    it is what it is at the momet and no point worrying util the dreaded dy arrives
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure