EE's 4g price plans released

Options

Comments

• Rusty!
    Rusty! Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Because people like to have the bestest.
  • Kingsd316
    Kingsd316 Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Tony5101 wrote: »
    According to their site, you must be in the first 6 months of your plan with either Tmob or Orange, and you must hand your handset back.
    You then start a new 24 month contract with EE.

Isnt this for people with a non 4g phone?

I always thought the actually phone you get with a contract is not part of the service agreement, therefore T Mobile/Orange are allowing you to terminate the service contract and move to a new one on EE, therefore i would already have a 4g ready phone and only need a service plan.

As i said im sure this isnt allowed as its an easy way to get an iphone 5 and a reduced contract term
    :beer:
  • keke74
    keke74 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    EE really have missed a trick here. Staggers me that they don't offer any unlimited data plans for what is the UK's first 4g data network! Even a data cap + unlimited 3g (or a "if you go over you can still surf and email" ala T Mobile) would have helped.

Their sim only plans are OK I guess. Either way think the sensible option is to wait a bit,you can guarantee that EE will be offering discounted plans a month or so before the other networks launch next year.
  • GooliesOfFire
    Options
    I don't think they have missed the trick. Their trick is to milk people while there is no competition ;)
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 23 October 2012 at 1:33PM
    Options
    For all the fanfare EE offer nothing but a speed upgrade...

*If you run out of data you wont be able to use the internet and you'll need to buy a data add on to use the internet until "you" next bill date*

YOUR ! Ze French CEO need learn english.

Now unlimited calls & texts with capped internet is good, but why not post these data add on details EE ?

Why not allow unlimited MMS aswell as texts like all providers do in AU on unlimited plans, really offering the UK something NEW with more than just a "4G"speed upgrade.
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • MillicentBystander
    MillicentBystander Posts: 3,518 Forumite
    edited 23 October 2012 at 1:32PM
    Options
    keke74 wrote: »
    EE really have missed a trick here. Staggers me that they don't offer any unlimited data plans for what is the UK's first 4g data network! Even a data cap + unlimited 3g (or a "if you go over you can still surf and email" ala T Mobile) would have helped.

Their sim only plans are OK I guess. Either way think the sensible option is to wait a bit,you can guarantee that EE will be offering discounted plans a month or so before the other networks launch next year.

What's even more laughable is they are offering unlimited calls and texts but relating the real USP of 4g, just 8gb/mth data at most. Hilarious.
  • keke74
    keke74 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Totally, I get that :-)

Problem is that I think they have missed an opportunity to get a real lead on the other networks before they launch. With more appealing plans they would have tied up more on 12/18/24 month contracts and then been able to discount further next year when there's more competition.

As it is now they've gone for the premium take-it-or-leave-it option which offers little to the consumer and will hurt EE in the mid-long term.
  • MillicentBystander
    MillicentBystander Posts: 3,518 Forumite
    edited 23 October 2012 at 1:44PM
    Options
    Imo they would have been better offering a 'sensible' calls/texts package of, say, 300 mins and 1,000 texts and then unlimited data. Surely that's what 4g is supposed to be all about?? Seriously, how many people really need unlimited calls? I got my son a 3G SIM only deal with Virgin (30 day contract) for £17/mth that includes

1200 mins
    unlimited texts
    truly unlimited data (and unlimited tethering allowed).
  • diamonds
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    You’ll need a 4G ready phone that’s compatible with our 4G network. By compatible, we mean it’s a 4G phone that you’ve bought either directly from Orange or T-Mobile. Or on those networks through an indirect retailer. The exception is an iPhone 5. Any iPhone 5 bought from Apple, Carphone Warehouse or Phones4U in the UK can also get 4GEE.

NO NASTY SURPRISES

With unlimited calls and texts, you'll never need to worry about going over your allowance. And if you manage to burn through your data, we'll let you know when it's running low — and when it's run out. Then you can choose to buy a data add-on or stop using data until your next bill.

TRAVELLING A LOT?

For an extra £5 each month, you’ll be able to take all your minutes and texts with you when you go and explore Europe and selected countries around the world. (You can see which ones are included at ee.co.uk.) Just choose one of our 4GEE phone plans with roaming.

SWAP YOUR PHONE FOR A 4G VERSION. JUST £99

Want 4GEE? But just got a new Apple iPhone 4S, Samsung Galaxy SIII or HTC 1X that's not 4G ready on a plan from either Orange or T-Mobile? No problem. We'll be able to swap you to a 4G version of your phone, and move you to a superfast 4GEE phone plan. All for just £99.
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • diamonds
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Looks like Vodafone £3 a day high roaming customers will be jumping to EE though...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure