Yet more financial faux pas and many other disasterous decisions

Comments

• Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    moo2moo wrote: »
    I I need a trip to B&Q to purchase some thin boarding to cover the pipes that we never quite got round to boxing in. QUOTE]

We also had pipes to be 'boxed in later' Never got round to it so polished them up instead - nice shiney copper pipes now which I just rub over every now and then! However we do still have a piece of trim that runs ( actually it slides from side to side :rotfl:) the back of one of the work surfaces which has never been fixed into place and our kitchen must be 17 years old now!

£120/ month for coal :eek: what are you putting it on? We are solid fuel here too but it provides our hot water heating and cooking .Just had a delivery for £99 and that should last us at least 6 weeks depending on how windy it is :rotfl:

Sounds like you are going to have a busy half term Moo! Me too I have already planned for too much and will only get half done and then will stomp about ranting about it............. I never seem to be able to win the war against tat!
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • moo2moo
    moo2moo Posts: 4,694 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Igamogam wrote: »
    £120/ month for coal :eek: what are you putting it on?

Gold bricks. Thanks to a fab design concept which means the internal walls are all solid brick preventing heat from travelling into other rooms. Downstairs is almost all open plan and sprawly needing two stoves for heat with a third upstairs. Failing to light one means parts of the house end up at 8 degrees after a couple of days. The biggest room is 35+ feet end to end and L shaped so it always has a cold spot or three.
    Saving for a Spinning Wheel and other random splurges : £183.50
  • Igamogam
    moo2moo wrote: »
    Gold bricks. Thanks to a fab design concept which means the internal walls are all solid brick preventing heat from travelling into other rooms. Downstairs is almost all open plan and sprawly needing two stoves for heat with a third upstairs. Failing to light one means parts of the house end up at 8 degrees after a couple of days. The biggest room is 35+ feet end to end and L shaped so it always has a cold spot or three.

Boo to bad designs :( I would like to get rid of our solid fuel affair. When we were young and impressionable and ridiculoulsy principled it was fine but now I think I really do not want many more years of carrying scuttles of coal for just because I want to cook some pasta! Agas................. a way of life!
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
  • moo2moo
    Have a gazillion and one things to do this morning before OH and the DDs depart. Mostly daft things like making sure they've remembered coats and gloves and shoes since these are still strewn around the house.

Starting clearing away OHs many dust covered projects to make space to dump the stuff from the kitchen. Hoping this will speed things up a fair bit. Have already ammassed a small pile for E-bay and a whole heap more outgrown DVDs for Music Magpie.

Finished off my cupcake hat yesterday and handed that over to its new owner. Knitted both sides of a tea cosy last night, just the embelishments to go which will take another couple of hours and then I'm up to date with my knittery orders and can make a start on sleeves once I get round to buying yarn.

Found a fab pattern for a hat which uses up all manner of yarn dregs so plan to make one each for the DDs although probably not this week, I suspect I'll be a little short on time.
  • Moo, stick your feet up, grab a cuppa and chill!

The speed at which you are producing all manner of hats and things, by the time OH and the DDs get back you'll have knitted yourself the wool equivalent of john O Groats to Lands End!

Fab effort though, I can't knit atall. OH keeps showing me the knitting needles in the hope that I might produce something-he's just one step away from turning into a great knitting thing himself, I can see the temptation in his eyes :)

M&S £2878.22/ Natwest £3526/ Loan £405/ [STRIKE]Sofa £0[/STRIKE]/ [STRIKE]Ring £0[/STRIKE]/
    Savings £12.04
    NSD 3/10 :cool:
    Total £6915.88

• Igamogam
    Love the dead fish hat!
  • moo2moo
    Riding lessons were cancelled so the morning was way more laid back than anticipated. Did an emergency Mr T shop after discovering we were out of bread. Bought rolls and wot not to keep the hungry hordes fed in the car plus a few essentials for me. Total spend £13.77 which included a sneaky pack of double chocolate chip cookies and a bag of toffee cookies to keep them company.

Now trying to decide what to do first. THe temptation to leap into a hot bubble bath and soak decadently for a couple of hours without interuption is made slightly less appealing by the bathroom being marginally warmer than the fridge.

Have shuffled through my ever increasing boxes of yarn (the stuff breeds) and found a vast array of pinks and purples for project Dead Fish and since theres no time like the present I'm going to curl up in front of the fire and knit for a wee while before making a start on the kitchen and nipping to B&Q for paint and wot not.
  • moo2moo
    Knitting started and frogged. Hate joining in the round. It always looks ok and then suddenly four rows in its twisted which is most frustrating. Abandoned that for a spot of random surfing which most excellent results. £19 worth of tat sold to Music Magpie and the Netflix free trial signed up for with £15 cashback via Quidco. Am most glad I haven't paid anything for it. Was expecting something like LoveFilm but the range is somewhat restricted. Take the section of made for tv documenatries, you have a choice of 8, not 8 pages, 8 titles. And the whole watch your favourite TV series... well thats great if your favourites don't include Ugly Betty or Greys Anatomy. Have to watch 5 hours before cancelling which is as good an excuse as any to spend the evening watching Diary of a Call Girl and listening to Fawlty Towers whilst cleaning the kitchen.
  • moo2moo
    Contents of kitchen dumped in dining room. Half the walls and most of the ceiling washed. Scuppered by the immovable freezer which means there are two walls I can't do without painting a freezer shaped outline so will leave them until such time as I can move the freezer without gaining a hernia.

Listed 16 batches of tat on fleabay and watched 4 episodes of Diary of a Callgirl whilst drinking rather too much coffee... that was after a brief foray into the dining room to find the kettle and another one to find the coffee.
  • You have made a fab start there moo! And good that you've had some time to yourself too :)

I'm the same with netflix - it is different to what i expected but am now looking forward to watching a couple of things this week :D

Take care
    CC1:T £[STRIKE]2531[/STRIKE] £1460
    MORTGAGE OVERPAYMENTS: £10575.20 Target £12,100
    MF Date: [STRIKE]August 2042[/STRIKE] May 2035
    Declutter 1000 things by Xmas 2015! 53/1000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts