I can do this!

Comments

• MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    It's been quiet for the last 10 or so days because I've landed the mother of colds darned it!

We leave for holiday on Tuesday so I'm hoping that all the sunshine will help me kick the sniffles and re-charge my batteries - it better as my work is about to go utterly mad so I need some full batteries!

I've got a day of work this saturday in addition to my usual proper job so that will be a few pennies towards my monthly challenge lol
    I'm going to start training for my CBT instructors licence when I get back - no idea how long that takes but it's free in return for providing some holiday and sick cover (paid!) where I already help out so all good! Also looks like some contracting will start when I get back which is going to be on top of full time job - I'm going to put every penny of this towards debt repayments too as it's money I've not counted on having so YAY! :)

For now though I am going to enjoy basking in some glorious sunshine - I shan't give a monkey about spending money whilst away because I know we have it in the funds and it's all been accounted for :)

Oh and likely my regular salary will go up by £2,500 before tax too in December as a clause I had put in there comes into effect LOL Whoop whoop!
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • Congratulations on your success so far!

Hope you have a lovely holiday :)
    [STRIKE]Debts £5956.40[/STRIKE] £5172.76/COLOR] :T
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,326 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 13 October 2016 at 8:25PM
    Happy holidays Mrs T!

So, we'll be diary-sitting while you're away then hmmmm? I remember the good old days of thread-parties with Hypno & Taxi - that seems like so long ago now.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • MrsTinks
    Happy holidays Mrs T!

So, we'll be diary-sitting while you're away then hmmmm? I remember the good old days of thread-parties with Hypo & Taxi - that seems like so long ago now.

I had a bit of a nostalgic moment the other day when an Old Style thread started by Squeaky popped up... When I walked away temp from MSE I stayed in touch with him and it was a huge shock to me when he passed away without any warning. So seeing ANY of the old gang always cheers me up :)

We had some wicked times back in the day LOL Some evenings much alcohol was consumed and gallons of tea was gulped LOL
    DFW Nerd #025

• EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,326 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    MrsTinks wrote: »
    I had a bit of a nostalgic moment the other day when an Old Style thread started by Squeaky popped up... When I walked away temp from MSE I stayed in touch with him and it was a huge shock to me when he passed away without any warning. So seeing ANY of the old gang always cheers me up :)

We had some wicked times back in the day LOL Some evenings much alcohol was consumed and gallons of tea was gulped LOL

You've broken some news to me there that I'd missed. How sad. :-(

Oddly enough I was clearing my DM box the other day - and still can't bring myself to delete Taxi's DM's - nor can I unsubscribe from KissJenn's thread. :(

You're right though - I can remember sitting howling with laughter sometimes - I do wonder if Hypno still has the tin of sprouts, too! :rotfl:
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    she/her
  • MrsTinks
    Well 2 pine bedside units have gone for £40 hopefully - I should be able to add £60 to that tomorrow from adhoc work so only another £50 to find for my £10 a day challenge LOL

Have listed 3 sets of curtains and some other bits for sale so hoping they go before I head off on holiday. If not then shall leave them with a friend to try and sell in my absence.

Work is going to be getting super insanely busy in the next few months - even more than I thought it would... Bring on that payrise!

Todays big positive is that my chairman brought in a bottle of champagne for all of us to take home as a well done on all the works and results we've had in the last month which was nice - especially as it's a really good bottle from his personal collection (he's silly rich LOL)
    DFW Nerd #025

• Ooh posh bubbly is definitely a win! :T
    she/her
  • MrsTinks
    Bubbly is ALWAYS a win LOL

It's still in my fridge - trying to decide if I should open it this evening as I'll officially be on holiday...

12 days of sunshine - I can't wait! I need to recharge my batteries SO badly!

Had my hair done again yesterday (bad me!!!) - I was going to cancel but husband pointed out that I probably won't get it done again this year (he knows me...) and it IS holiday... and frankly what's the point if once in a while I don't get a little naughty... *sigh*

Of course we shall ignore that I then spent £40 on a winter rug for the pony (because I'm a pushover) and I did make another investment purchase... ooops. That said the money for that one is in savings so will clear that when we get back and this one is one I've been after for about 18 months. It also happens to have been even more fortuitous than I thought that I bought it when I did as the artist then hit the news big time 3 days later... which means it's actually gone up in value already LOL

I'm rubbish at having savings - I'd spend them - so "stoozing" in investment pieces is what works for me.
    DFW Nerd #025

• MrsTinks
    Back from the sunshine and warm weather! I shall miss Florida and it's amazing climate, but my bones feel warm again and whilst I'm exhausted from travel and sleeping on crap beds then I'm sure I shall soon catch up on that!

This month I've set a target of £10 a day extra income - no idea how! LOL

It's my birthday at the end of the month, I've got a lunch date out planned to a Michelin star restaurant and I'll be going to London for dinner at Rules as a reward from work (for bringing a VERY large client over the line after a long battle!) so there are some small outgoings in travel etc.

Lots to still do for Christmas and presents but I'll no doubt manage all that too LOL

Didn't go nuts on the spending but I did have a few splurges - mainly clothes as over there so much more FITS me! :rotfl: It's all stuff I need, mainly for work, so I don't feel too bad about it :)

Right - now I shall attempt to get through my hundreds of emails that have piled up in my absence! :eek:
    DFW Nerd #025

• Welcome back Mrs T - glad all went well!
    she/her
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business