cally6008
cally6008 Posts: 7,629
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 1 September 2013 at 8:23AM in Boost your income
We all know how this works :D

Guide to Swagbucks

Joining Swagbucks

To join swagbucks you do not need to be referred you can just sign up with your email address. As with most sites like this however if you get referred the person you sign up with will earn some extra swagbucks when you earn/win them (up to a maximum of 1000sb which is approx £5 depending on how they are claimed)

Please do not post referral links on this thread - they must be posted on the referral board: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=1406969

21-feb-2013 .. the new updated homepage guide

watch = swagbucks tv
play = games
answer > surveys = trusted surveys
codes = click on the wheel/safe icon located next to your name
discover > special offers = the special offers walls (PL, R1 etc)

For anyone new to SB here is a quick guide to daily earning:

Daily Poll - 1SB
NOSO - (just click right through to the video box and play, no need to sign up for anything!) 2SB
Searches - random amounts allocated for random searches - min 2 wins a day
SBTV - 3SB for every 10 videos (max 75 SB daily)
Toolbar - if you download this you will get 1sb a day
Surveys - easiest way to earn - check you have opted in for trusted surveys (there is a questionnaire to complete to get started)
Special Offers - watch out for more videos and surveys in there, we will also let you know which other offers track ok in the thread
Inbox - check out your inbox for extra earning opportunities.
Tasks - some can be complicated and some quite easy - usually the check the details of website ones are easy.
Games - play games for free - "SB usually awarded for every 2 completed (but can vary at times) and score submitted - max of 10 SB a day

Daily Bonus Targets

Swagbucks have now introduced a way of getting daily bonuses. This is currently shown on the top left of your homepage with a meter showing your progress.

The daily bonus is 10% of the target (so 100SB target = 10SB bonus)

Bonus payments are not added daily to your account - they are added on the 5th of the following month. Bonus SB credited do not count towards any other targets.

Score huge bonuses! - you can also win additional Swag Bucks bonuses when you meet your goals consistently:

7 Straight Days
25 SB + Daily Bonuses

14 Straight Days
100 SB + Daily Bonuses

21 Straight Days
200 SB + Daily Bonuses

Full month
300 SB + Daily Bonuses

Other Useful Info

The swagbucks day starts and ends at 8am our time in the UK

The facebook page is a good source of info, though tends to be relating to offers in US rather than here.

It is not against swagbucks terms to hold multiple accounts at the one address (however they seem to have an issue with more than 2). Multiple accounts are not to be held by one person or to be shared.

Terminology Guide:

SB - swagbucks (either the site or the points/currency)

NOSO - no obligation special offer - relates to the NOSO section of the site

Dub - The 2nd search win in a day
Trip - The 3rd search win in a day
Quad - The 4th search win in a day

DQ - disqualified - usually relating to surveys

Hope that helps do shout if you need any guidance - we all know lots of bits to do and are happy to share our knowledge!

Useful Links

Swagbucks USA Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/swagbucks?ref=stream

Swagbucks UK Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/SwagbucksUK?ref=stream

Swagbucks Twitter page - https://twitter.com/swagbucks

Swagging 101 website - https://sites.google.com/site/swagin101/
(lots of useful information on here)

Swagbucks Swidget Link - http://www.themommysaver.com/
(scroll down to see the widget on the right hand side, click SC to see if any swag codes are out, doesn't always tell the truth)

Surveys

Surveys are by far the quickest (and possibly the most frustrating) way to earn large amounts of SB. You will find you get DQ a lot from surveys - this is normal as each survey is designed to be answered by certain groups of people only and this varies with each survey. It is not recommended that you change your responses to qualify for surveys as inconsistent answers will result in getting fewer survey opportunities and increased levels of being DQ. It is therefore best to be honest in your answers (and be consistent with profile survey answers as well!)

Daily Surveys - Found on homepage tab

You will see cards on the homepage with a date on them - these are the daily surverys

You are allowed to complete and get paid 70sb for ONE daily survey per day

You are allowed to attempt as many daily surveys as you like ... BUT once you complete one (and see the confirmation page), that is your one done for the day

If you do not receive your swagbucks straight away, screenshot the confirmation page ready to send in to support.

PLEASE NOTE - DOING MORE THAN ONE PER DAY AND GETTING 70SB EACH TIME FOR THEM ... MAY RESULT IN SWAGBUCKS TERMINATING YOUR ACCOUNT PERMANENTLY

Trusted Surveys (TS) and Daily Surveys (DS) are the most reliable for payment however there are also many survey options on the offer walls most of which you can try daily or more often (likelihood of screening out or not crediting is higher on the walls surveys though):

Trial Pay Wall:

Daily Surveys - not the same as DS above (just to confuse you )
Opinion Surveys
Ampario long
Ampario short
SSI
Samplicious

Radium One

Surveys come and go on here - not many on this wall in my experience

Payment Wall

Usually about 4/5 on here per day - all will show at the top of the wall

Peanut Labs

Some members get a lot of surveys on here - personally i don't get many on this wall so it seems to vary a lot.

Sponsor Pay
Nielsen
Inspired Opinions

Survey Savers - this is an offer sign up not a survey!

Sometrics

Usually 4 or 5 on this wall

Ampario
OPinion Surveys

Supersonic

None usually on here

Some more Info on Offer Wall Surveys (on Special Offers tab)

You can do as many surveys on this section as you like.

If the survey says "you may complete one survey a day" like shown on Trial Pay > Surveys > Ampario .. then that is all you can do

Peanut Labs (aka PL) = If you have not looked at this offer wall yet, there is a small box at the top about joining for surveys (I can't remember exact wording). Fill in the questions truthfully, I think there's only about 20-25 questions and this opens up the PL surveys for you.

Keep checking PL as you never know when surveys may appear.
Some PL surveys give you 1sb for getting disqualified, some don't.

Trusted Surveys

I can't remember the exact wording on the page when you very first look at it but I think you have to activate it.

Profile surveys are now found by clicking on your profile pic/avatar and then my settings in the drop down list. Three tabs appear on the screen - choose the last one - Survey Profiles

Fill these in and get 2sb each section - completed ones will have green ticks - you can fill them in whenever you choose. If you keep getting DQ from surveys it might be because of out of date information here - it is possible these questions are used to check for consistency as well as sending you relevant surveys so its a good idea to keep these up to date.

Main surveys will appear as and when they come out - you just click on Surveys tab to check for them.

Some people get lots, some people get surveys that you won't get.
Do not worry about it, keep checking and surveys will appear eventually
You get 1sb for getting disqualified for a maximum of 5sb a day (but only if you see the message telling you this!)

Reward Payments

You can only claim 5 of any one reward in a month, but you can claim other rewards as well.
You can only claim 2 rewards per day

Paypal payments

Swagbucks/paypal do not charge for receiving paypal payments

£5 = 1049 sb
£10 = 1999 sb
£25 = 4949 sb
£50 = 9399 sb
£100 = 17,999 sb = best value

Swagbucks have removed the option for UK members to claim USD paypal payments
Some members may have USD payments in their wishlist so still able to claim them

Amazon Vouchers - Prices updated 12 September 2012

£5 amazon voucher = 849 sb ... 999 sb
£25 amazon voucher = 5250 sb ... 4,699 sb
£50 amazon voucher = 9600 sb ... 9,199 sb
£100 amazon = 20,000 sb ... 17,999 sb
£500 amazon = 97,000 sb ... 82,999 sb = best value

Also available are these E-Gift cards (so will be used for spending online only)

HMV
House of Fraser
Itunes
New Look

You will be asked to verify your order - this can be via email, the verify link on the site, by mobile phone or post.

Not receiving credits for offers completed ? Read This ...
(copied from GiftHulk website but same things apply to Swagbucks and Superpoints)

Possible reasons for not receiving credit for Offer Completion:
1- If you did not fulfill or meet all of the requirements necessary to be awarded.
2- Your browser security settings are configured to not accept third-party cookies, causing the report to fail.
3- If you have ad blocking software it will prevent advertisers from placing the cookies required to track the offers.

If all these reasons are irrelevant in your case, you can always get help from the Support Staff!

General rules:
Keep all proofs of completion (PIN numbers, confirmation texts, member registrations, payment receipts, invoices, etc.) for your records.

In some cases a confirmation link is sent to your email address. Be sure to check your spam folder for pending confirmations.

FAQ:

What steps do I need to take to complete an offer?
The instructions to complete an offer are written under each offer description. For all offers, you MUST provide accurate information and meet the advertiser’s requirements. Points will not be awarded if you submit incorrect information. Also, do not refresh the page anytime during the completion process. It could harm our ability to track your progress.

Can I complete an offer more than once?
No, each offer may only be completed once. You will not be awarded for any additional attempts.

If an error occurs during the completion process, do I still get my points?
Unfortunately, points will NOT be awarded if an error occurs and you were not able to complete the offer requirements. Please report problematic offers to our customer support team and we will investigate the matter.

How do I cancel or unsubscribe from an offer I completed?
Products and services subscribed or purchased through Offer Walls and Swagbucks offers are all from third-party advertisers. To cancel or unsubscribe from an offer, you will need to contact the advertisers directly.

Comments

• kayester
    kayester Posts: 1,844
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Thanks cally. Also nice to see you around
    216/2018 (make ££ in 2018)

Grocery challenge
    Jan 227/400
    swagbucks target 2018 1452/27375
  • cally6008
    Forumite
    I lost my swagbucks mojo for a bit but new month and all that.
  • kayester
    kayester Posts: 1,844
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Yeah I know what you mean i took Nearly a year off. Welcome back
    216/2018 (make ££ in 2018)

Grocery challenge
    Jan 227/400
    swagbucks target 2018 1452/27375
  • BITW
    BITW Posts: 27 Forumite
    Easiest day yet! Had an invite for a one minute survey - to download a diary - and got 31sbs, then searched Genius and got 29sbs. Target met in less than 2 minutes! :D
  • Bmth100
    Bmth100 Posts: 1,037 Forumite
    Songpeople TS. Completed, which took forever, then got shafted because their "Rate this survey" interface screwed up on Mozilla so I couldn't complete it. I hate it when that happens, so angry. Cheated out of 100 SB
  • Thanks for the new thread Cally :)
    2015 goal from online stuff: £900
    Currently at: £633.05/£900
    2014 goal: £1256.85/£800 Goal reached 29/9!
    2013 goal: £973.30/£500 Goal reached 31/7!
  • cally6008
    Forumite
    edited 1 September 2013 at 10:34AM
    1 September 2013

Target = 60

Toolbar - 1
    Poll - 1
    Noso - 2
    Search win - 9
    Trusted Survey DQ - 3
    Radium One wall - 1 - Check out this awesome site
    Peanut Labs wall - 2 - video

Daily Survey, filled form in, had 10 tick boxes, no new surveys for me

Current total 19./.60

Off to watch the SJ :)
  • Woo, nice new thread. *grins*
    I'm hoping to make 2x£25AGC's this month, already have 1733SB towards it, so I need about 200SB a day. I'm working a lot this week, so planning about 80-100 whilst at work, then some more in the evenings each day. :)
    LIFE GOAL ACHIEVED (21yo): Proud owner of 24 magical acres! :T :j
    LIFE GOAL ACHIEVED (23yo): Got my horse lorry. :D
    NEW LIFE GOAL: 1. Own a house with land and my own sandschool. 2. Retire early (if I want to:rotfl:).
  • Remember as far as Anti Virus/Anti Malware Programs go often Broadband Providers and also some banks give their customers a paid version for free.
    I am with Virgin Media and they give their customers Trend Micro Anti Virus/Anti Malware program for free worth £40. I am going to start using this once my free 30 days of McAfee runs out.
    At least Swagbucks seem to have cleaned things up a bit. No trouble at all and I have checked with running full scans after being on the Swagbucks site and after using SBTV and all is ok.
    If you are using Swagbucks remember to run scans on a regular basis and if anything nasty is found report it to Swagbucks via a Support Ticket so they are made aware of any problems and can then fix it.
    Blogging and earning online.
  • Hi all
    Im back after a summer of abstinence, hit target already and found 800sb in my bank so up to 900+, aiming for target every day to achieve big bonus
    God luck everyone
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport