Risen from the ashes ...

Comments

• Glad to hear you're a bit better:) ...... hope I don't have to go out as it's started snowing here too!:eek:
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    When hubby was off for the extended period we were nearly £300 a month on gas alone, try and see if thermals etc will help but if not get the heating on you can't freeze, it won't help your recovery any

I put my heating on at 2.30pm and off at 10pm with a boost in the morning should I need it ... We live in a very cold country rising we need to keep warm
  • elantan wrote: »
    When hubby was off for the extended period we were nearly £300 a month on gas alone, try and see if thermals etc will help but if not get the heating on you can't freeze, it won't help your recovery any

:eek: wow - that's a lot!:eek:

I try my best to cut down on it's use by wearing thermals & an extra layer, but I will put if on if I'm cold ...... Honestly, I'm not the type to sit and freeze!

I don't regulate heat well & once cold, the only thing that warms me up is a bath (which then costs extra on heating the hot water) - so it's a lot easier not to get too cold in the first place.

I've been leaving the thermostat at 16 deg so the house never gets too cold and it's been fine like that with it on an hour or so in the mornings, lunchtime and a few hours in the evenings but the temps really dropped the last few days so think I may need to set the timer and put it on a bit more.

My house is a bit frustrating as upstairs is always really warm (never have the radiators on more than frost protection & it's was still 19.5 deg in my bedroom last night!) whereas downstairs it's really chilly (currently only 16 deg in lounge) .... typical eh!

Brrrrrrrrrr
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Then, if you're just in by yourself, I'd be tempted to stay upstairs and sit on the bed :D
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • elantan
    Yep very typical, it's my downstairs that's freezing and my upstairs that's slightly warmer .., thankfully we do most of our livin upstairs so it's slightly better

Mr el had a breakdown and didn't leave his bed for a long time, he would have the heating on 24/7 and say he was constantly freezing ( that's when he did talk, he spent a lot of time curled up in the foetal position and rocking back and forwards ) at the time I was much more concerned about his me tal health than the gas consumption but I did check it and work it out every week and as soon as he even slightly started to recover I would try and keep it off for a few hours, cost us a fortune with him being ill tbh, never mind the whole eating out scenario due to the state of the marriage

They were dark days rising, and ones I never wish to repeat
  • slowlyfading
    Sending you some (((HUGS))), elantan xx
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
  • elantan
    Thanks SF, he's fine now, it's me that all knackered due to the stress of it all I reckon lol

It's all part of the wonderful tapestry of life
  • Ta - so hoping the chemist does owe me some - will still collect new prescription on Fri on the way past, but it'd be such a waste of fuel if I have to make a special trip just for that (town is 8 miles away :() today.

Just phoned and ...... it's a NO :( Carp .... so I'm going to have to go up to Drs for the prescription and it's snowing (very lightly but still) - better sort myself out & go now in case it gets worse.
    elantan wrote: »
    They were dark days rising, and ones I never wish to repeat

Ohhhhh ((((hugs)))) from me too ..... my BFF is bipolar so know how hard MH issues can be (one day she's fine, the next you can walk in and she'll have self harmed:() - very difficult for both partners to deal with so even more of a testament to the strength of your relationship that you and Mr El have made it through and are still best friends:T

Right .... guess I better go & get ready to go to Drs .... back shortly!
  • elantan
    Yikes, hope you get it sorted, will you get prescription today ?

And thanks
  • slowlyfading
    Be careful!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport