Tesco Christmas cake in a box kit now half price £5

Tesco sells a christmas cake kit in a box (all the ingredients weighed out) you just need to add eggs and an orange basically -for £10. Bought one yesterday on special offer for £5. Big stack of them at the end of the Home Baking aisle.

Comments

• hmm wonder if they have a surplus of these like last year's Mary Berry's?? thanks OP, might hold out to see if they go any less...
    Car Boot Queen!!

Clothes Golden Rule: Never pay full price unless it is an utter bargain in the first place!
    Sales, boots, charity shops, ebay- why would anyone ever pay full price for anything??!
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Just browsing Mysupermarket and stumbled across the same deal. No chance of me buying at this price!

What's the betting they will be reduced to £2 or less after Christmas, Mary Berry styl-ee? (although IIRC they were reduced to £3 before Christmas last year). I had already made my own cake last year but made up the 2 kits I had bought a few weeks ago, they seemed fine.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • bajangal
    bajangal Posts: 538 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I also made up my £2 Mary Berry cake two weeks ago that I bought in January. Poured some alcohol over it - and we had some today. Taste scrumptious. Hope these kits are reduced further so I can stock up for next year.
  • bajangal wrote: »
    I also made up my £2 Mary Berry cake two weeks ago that I bought in January. Poured some alcohol over it - and we had some today. Taste scrumptious. Hope these kits are reduced further so I can stock up for next year.

So glad to hear yours came out ok, I too had a couple left from last year and risked making them today.

Can't wait to ice and eat them now :j
  • I've still got a Delia Waitose one in the cupboard to make from last year, might give it a go now you have said yours was fine.
  • I bought the Sainsburys one at £2 before Christmas last year after an alert on here :j. I cooked it in April for this Christmas. The Waitrose one went down to £2.50 before Christmas but I'd already bought the Sainsburys one. (I had to add butter as well.)

The Tesco one might get reduced further the nearer it gets to Christmas if there are loads in stock.
  • meanmum
    meanmum Posts: 610 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I made mine up from the kit last year and it's been in the freezer ever since (freezing is a good way to mature a cake faster, breaks up the fruit a bit). I must remember to get it out & decorate it.......
  • sarah222
    sarah222 Posts: 126 Forumite
    I made the tesco one last week when saw it for £5 - I usualy make one and buy it all seperate costs me loads but as I was ill I didnt get chance. Thought this was good way out - so altho it says dont feed it mine is wrapped and being fed brandy every 3-5 days until 23rd when it be iced. MMMMM do like a moist cake lol
  • hilstep2000
    hilstep2000 Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    OH got the delia kit for free last year in Waitrose. I kept it till Easter and made a simmnel cake out of it. It was delish!
    I Believe in saving money!!!:T
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!

• my mary berry number 1 is marzipanned waiting for the icing next weekend! mary berry number 2 is still wrapped and in a tin and will be kept until next year! with regular feeding im sure it will be perfectly tasty (for those who like it anyway, i dont like fruit cake myself!)
    Car Boot Queen!!

Clothes Golden Rule: Never pay full price unless it is an utter bargain in the first place!
    Sales, boots, charity shops, ebay- why would anyone ever pay full price for anything??!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure