PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

My home is a mess

Comments

• Cat501
    Cat501 Posts: 1,195 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    thanks bearcub :)

ugh - those jelly shots are strong......don't want another one!:o
  • jokeyjo
    jokeyjo Posts: 130 Forumite
    no decluttering done for me today as me and my dd went to sheffield to spend her birthday money from the the weekend ,i will try to do something tomorrow but argh i dont know where to start
  • jacci45
    jacci45 Posts: 1,636 Forumite
    Hi all!!

Well not only did I survive a day at work.....I only did a little tiny bit of ironing and a tiny bit of tidying!!!!! Wrist exercises are helping big time , the wrist is now moving, I would say ive got about 40% of movement which Im very happy about as only been doing the exercises for 2 days!!!You should see it tho, my arm looks like Ive got a second elbow trying to emerge....not the most attractive look but at least the tumour is gone!!! Quite a happy Jacci now.....Mind you, house is still messy!!!

Hugs to all who need them...
  • Cat501 wrote: »
    and last but definitely not least....................

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KITTY!!!!:bdaycake:

thank you :)

hope everyones well

spent most of the day with my mum today, then went tescos and maccy d's with my bessie :)

so yeah i havent cleaned ... well actually,

ive done a load of washing , just need to put it on airers
    ive bagged up the rubbish and recycling ect, and i have put it outside for the bin man

also earlier when i was waiting for my mate to arrive, i got a recycling bag and fulled it full of random junk :) shoe boxes, old reciepts, old burnt out tealights, old catalogues and magazines
    general junk, so yay!! may do it again tommorow, just find random crap to bin ... :) plus i did most of it sitting down on the settee! result :p

my friends supposed to be coming round tommorow .... place is a mess :( her house is so tidy , i feel embarrased inviting her to my shithole

so im hoping she forgets :( .... because im pathetic like that :o

anyways .................... pub tommorow night!!!

that will solve everything :T

xxxxxxxx

p.s , i also dyed me hair :) and didnt leave any dye marks on floor walls or bath ect :rotfl:

edit:

p.p.s , quite glad to see shithole still passing the censor filter :)
  • I got the house looking ok, for parents coming. Thursdays visitor is my very tidy and organised friend (she is a fairly new friend that I know isn't keen on her mother in laws mess) So more tidying for me......maybe I should ask them around more often. I'm sure I work better when I have a deadline and a routine.....and maybe one day I'll get round to cleaning/clearing the rooms, cupboards and drawers that visitors don't see!
    I love MSE freebies and comps. Thanks posters
  • bearcub
    bearcub Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    Afternoon messies.

I'm so glad you had a good day yesterday, kitty, and managed a big clear-out. Not the way most people celebrate their birthdays but, as it made you feel better, then it was a prezzie to yourself! :T Have a great evening, but make sure you can remember your way home, won't you? ;) Btw, well done for dyeing your hair without dyeing anything else - a major accomplishment in itself I always feel. :)

It's lovely to hear that your wrist is coming on a treat, jacci. You're on your way now! :T

Wife, well done for the de-messying. As you say, I'm sure some sort of deadline helps. Although I tend to get into a de-messying mood occasionally, there's nothing like family coming to stay to make me clear and clean - not that our DDs care, except that our house is very small. don't want anyone falling over something.

Yesterday, I managed to complete a number of things on my list - made some bread, did a major clean of the kitchen sink (it's textured and a horror to clean), tidied up my wardrobe, sorted out some recycling, did some admin (phone call, emails and paperwork), and made a start on a March newsletter. Quite pleased with myself.
  • Cat501
    Combo Breaker First Post
    When I dye my hair it's like an explosion in a dye factory:o

Having second thoughts about even going to parents' night - I know, bad mum:o - but I find I get all the info I need from the report card - DD1 didn't even make me appointments when she was at secondary - and honestly I just don't feel up to it :(

Glad you're feeling better jacci :j x

Kitty that's an insane amount of decluttering:T enjoy the pub, don't know when I'll next be out - I find the more I go out, the more I want to :(

wife and bearcub - well done:T

jokeyjo - never mind, much more important to spend time with DD :)

Nothing to report. Except my new addiction to buying make up I can't afford. I need to STOOOOOOP!!! :( Need to do a bit before washing machine men come tomorrow, also bringing furniture for DDs room which will have to stay in the hall until she's decluttered.
  • jpscloud
    jpscloud Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Happy birthday kitty!

I've been poking around in the garden today, and created some mess there too :o but have:

Planted two cherry trees
    Planted a houseplant chrysanthemum that survived the winter outside
    Planted a rose that I bought last year
    Pruned the buddleias
    Pruned the clematis at the front
    Put up a cheapy garden arch against a fence for a yellow clematis and some roses to scramble over.

That's quite enough for one day!
    I believe in the freedom of spinach and the right to arm bears.

Weight loss journey started January 2015
    -32lbs
  • bearcub
    bearcub Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    I don't blame you for not wanting to go, Cat and, given that you're a bit 'frail' atm, the last thing you want to do is lose your cool, if someone's a bit lacking in sensitivity. If there's someone who particularly want to see you, I'm sure they'll let you know. But, having worked in a secondary school myself, you will let the school know if you're not going, won't you? Nothing worse than sitting around waiting for a parent that doesn't turn up. I was support staff, btw, not a teacher.

jps, I suspect the gardening's worn you out, but made you feel so good mentally. Well done! :T
  • Cat501
    Combo Breaker First Post
    bearcub - yes I know, I gave them a call, said I wasn't well:o Not strictly true but.....

jps that sounds like a really nice day. I envy you all your gardens! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure