PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Comments

• id like to reprt my1 lb off this week thank you for all your support folks
    finances disaster but baby-stepping back to security:

2024 let's do this !!
  • Well done, Dragon, on collating all the weights again this week .... :beer:

You mentioned your car in a previous post and I had to laugh... Our car went in for a service last week and the mechanic did about £1,500 of damage when he took it for a test drive and went over a roundabout instead of around it !!! I don't know when we will get our pride and joy back as there was a lot of damage done as it wasn't just grass planted on the roundabout... There was a statue as well.... :(

Not a lot happening here... The cat is now home from the vets.. and I have a lot bubbling in the slow cooker... I had taken out lamb but the betterhalf had taken out chicken and sausages ... :eek: so I have put the lot into the cooker with some stock, rosemary, bramble jelly and they can flavour each other !!! I'll let you know what lamb chicken tastes like ..:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

That's about all I have to report apart from well done to everyone and thanks for all the support !!! :A
  • Have STS this week. Going to seriously try the 5:2 diet as OH has managed to lose a stone in about 5 weeks by just doing that. Of course I will be trying to do some exercise as well (just not on the "fast" days!).

Is he hungry on the 2 days with 500 calories? What sort of work does he do?:)
    Loved our trip to the West Coast USA. Death Valley is the place to go!
  • Good evening everyone, I was wondering if I could join you?
    I read the old style forum a lot and have seen this thread many times. I have a terrible relationship with weight loss. I fall of the wagon regularly and when I do it's in an extreme way.

Take today for example. I went to the shop to pick up some milk. I left the shop with milk, choc bar and packet of biscuits. The chocolate was finished before I even got home ( 2 minutes away) and I've finished all the biscuits. My problem is I have no self control.

I'm hoping that if you'll allow me to write down here each day what I eat, it'll shame me into being good. Or at least make me think things through. I can't join in the challenges because I don't have any scales unfortunately.

So today I've had.

Breakfast; natural yoghurt with oats.
    Lunch: choc bar and packet of biscuits :o
    Dinner: BBC good food Indian spiced soup.

Exercise: none :(

If I shouldn't be writing here please just let me know and I'll go away! :)
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    emmaneni wrote: »
    Good evening everyone, I was wondering if I could join you?
    I read the old style forum a lot and have seen this thread many times. I have a terrible relationship with weight loss. I fall of the wagon regularly and when I do it's in an extreme way.

Take today for example. I went to the shop to pick up some milk. I left the shop with milk, choc bar and packet of biscuits. The chocolate was finished before I even got home ( 2 minutes away) and I've finished all the biscuits. My problem is I have no self control.

I'm hoping that if you'll allow me to write down here each day what I eat, it'll shame me into being good. Or at least make me think things through. I can't join in the challenges because I don't have any scales unfortunately.

So today I've had.

Good to see you :D, and if you don't weigh in why don't you measure yourself and then once a month to see how you are doing?
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • The_Dragon wrote: »
    Good to see you :D, and if you don't weigh in why don't you measure yourself and then once a month to see how you are doing?

Thanks Dragon and yes I think I will measure myself.
  • ellie99
    ellie99 Posts: 1,550 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    emmaneni wrote: »
    Good evening everyone, I was wondering if I could join you?

So today I've had.

Welcome emmaneni
    I'm sure a lot of us can identify with what you're saying. I'm a typical yo-yo dieter, I actually have 3 different clothes sizes in my wardrobe. Right now, I'm pretty determined to lose the weight, and NOT put it on again. I'm fed up with having to diet, and want this to be the last time.
    Please don't take this the wrong way - I'm saying it because I've been where you are - but we all have self control if we want to have it. Saying "I have no self control" is an excuse to do what we want. You have to REALLY want to lose weight, and do what's required to achieve that.
    Some people can eat a small bit of chocolate, then stop. I'm not one of them, so this year I'm cutting out chocolate biscuits and chocolate bars completely...7 weeks in, and it's much easier than I thought it would be (considering the large bars I used to eat).
    Fancy joining me in Chocolate Free 2013? :)

If you could live one day of your life over again, which day would you choose?
  • ellie99 wrote: »
    Some people can eat a small bit of chocolate, then stop. I'm not one of them, so this year I'm cutting out chocolate biscuits and chocolate bars completely...7 weeks in, and it's much easier than I thought it would be (considering the large bars I used to eat).
    Fancy joining me in Chocolate Free 2013? :)

Hi Ellie,

I would be happy to join you in Chocolate Free 2013.. :beer: I agree with everything you said and I am one of these people who can't have biscuits or sweets in the house as I'll work my way through them no problem at all !!!! :j:j:j
  • ellie99
    ellie99 Posts: 1,550 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    officeguru wrote: »
    Hi Ellie,

I would be happy to join you in Chocolate Free 2013.. :beer: I agree with everything you said and I am one of these people who can't have biscuits or sweets in the house as I'll work my way through them no problem at all !!!! :j:j:j

Good, officeguru! So far it's really not been as hard as I thought it would be. There was one day everything was going wrong and I looked at all the bars in the supermarket, but I knew I'd feel bad if I had to admit I'd given in so early, so announcing it to the world really helps!
    I do have biscuits in the house, for other family members, but I've got used to ignoring them. Btw, I'm only doing bars and biscuits, the occasional piece of cake is ok. :)

I've finally got round to buying a lettuce, and am planning to make your lettuce soup tomorrow.

If you could live one day of your life over again, which day would you choose?
  • *wanders in and waves*

I am vaguely aware I've been MIA/AWOL for the best part of 2-3 months....wondering if anyone remembers me and whether I'm allowed back into the thread?

I stopped posting because I got really sick over Xmas + I got a new temporary role at work (both of which are gone/finished now) so that meant it was great for my waistline! I was running up and down stairs and back and forth to work but when I got sick I dropped 5lbs really fast and actually made it all the way down to 12st 1lb!

However although it stayed off for a while....the weight has been creeping back on 1lb at a time for the last few weeks....so here I am end of Feb and I'm back up to 12st 6. I've been off chocolate for 1 whole week due to Lent and it doesnt seem to be making any difference...so maybe I'm doing something else wrong?

In any case, I think it will help going back to writing my meals down again :)

*hugs*
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport