Halifax mortgage confusion!!!

Hi,
We have received a DIP/AIP. When reading this I noticed it said its based on assumptions. So I emailed my MA asking if credit checks had been done etc and if we were likely to get the amount offered initially. She said "yup"..... Bit unprofessional but ok!

Checked Experian report and nothing's showing on there in terms of there being a check from Halifax or the MA. Signed all mortgage forms Friday and sent relevant info, pay slips etc.

Does anyone know when and how many checks are done? And why they potentially haven't even done one yet?? This whole process is giving me a headache 😭

Comments

• amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,404
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Not sure what you want to hear?

A mortgage application is a process at you are at the start of that process and progressing nicely.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • maas
    maas Posts: 512
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    The Halifax DIP involves a soft credit check.

Once they receive all the documents (wage slips etc), they will do a full hard search on your file which may bring up more information.

If nothing adverse shows up and they are satisfied with all the documents, you should then receive a full mortgage offer.
  • baz8790
    baz8790 Posts: 111 Forumite
    The credit searches Halifax done on me did not show up on experian until the next working day but with the previous day's date.

Soft searches were done on the Tuesday but I couldn't see them until the wedensday but they were dated Tuesday so it takes a while to update.

The hard searches were done on the Wednesday but my mortgage adviser was pushing Halifax to get things through quickly.
  • MrsO84
    MrsO84 Posts: 17 Forumite
    What info did Halifax base the AIP on? Was it top line from credit report? Waiting to hear about Halifax AIP through FA and I forgot to tell him about another credit card debt at this point (paid monthly by d/Deb and never use card, just remembered when checking info today). Worried this might mean that they reject AIP.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure