remortage

Greetings,
I am due to remortage. and went to see broker who offered the following:
Property value: £130 000.00 Amount to be remortage : £72000.00
Option are a two fix rate with Barclays for 1.79% with no fees, and free legal, valuation, etc etc, etc.
I looked on Money Saving expert and the cheapest option with "no fee" is 1.74 with hsbc, but with no free legal....
Just wondering if there is anything else that I could look elsewhere either direct with bank or with others bank / buidling society who do not advertise on these online broker side comparison.
What about offset too?
Thanks,

Comments

• Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Isn't as straightforward as simply comparing interest rates and/or incentives. If mortgages were like buying a can of baked beans there'd be no need for brokers.
  • jeremy2012
    jeremy2012 Posts: 27
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thrugelmir Isn't as straightforward as simply comparing interest rates and/or incentives. If mortgages were like buying a can of baked beans there'd be no need for brokers.

Am I to take your thought as to agree with the broker offer?
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    jeremy2012 wrote: »
    Am I to take your thought as to agree with the broker offer?

On the 2 products you've quoted yes. With free legals etc you are unlikely to better the offer by much.

Worth comparing the follow on SVR's. As switching lenders becomes progressively more expensive as the mortgage balance falls. At some point you are going to have to stick to one.
  • Joy_mate
    Joy_mate Posts: 82 Forumite
    55% LTV.
    ITS best option to get 1.79 from Barclays.
    There are many out there still.
  • jeremy2012
    jeremy2012 Posts: 27
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks all for your advice, couple of extra clarification
    Worth comparing the follow on SVR's

SVR? I check best table and the fee are quite high or the rate seems higher. bearing in mind that these are variable and can change, I guess it is best to stick to a fix rate.
    As switching lenders becomes progressively more expensive as the mortgage balance falls. At some point you are going to have to stick to one.
    Could you advise more on that please?
    Are we saying that once my balance is maybe about 50k, would it be more expensive than today?

Joy_mate 55% LTV.
    ITS best option to get 1.79 from Barclays.
    There are many out there still.
    What do you mean by there are many out there still?
  • amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,408
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    The Money Saving Expert website is not giving you advice, it is not qualified, it does not understand your situation, it does not know which Lenders will lend to you.

It simply provides information based on your input of about 10% of the details necessary to obtain a remortgage.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure