Halifax and Lloyds fast payments (FB) service on the blink

Comments

• lionmike wrote: »
    We are waiting to be told what is going to happen and whether or not LBG will recall the earlier payments or whether we need to try and send a new one.

This is interesting as I bank with Lloyds TSB and my wages were due in this morning and haven't shown as yet... also two faster payments I sent to cover 2 direct debits also aren't showing - I sent the money from my NatWest account at 7am this morning.

Are we saying there is DEFINATELY an issue with BACS payments due today aswell as faster payments....? I'd be grateful for some help as Lloyds say they think its only affecting faster payments however when I spoke to NatWest they are telling me its affecting ALL payments (BACS, faster payments etc)....
  • I am waiting for a standing order to arrive from Lloyds TSB into my Barclays account. Lloyds TSB account belongs to my ex husband, money has gone from his account but not appeared yet. He was told at 10am this morning that its probably just held up in the system and it should appear in my account by 4pm. I've been charged by Barclays as two standing orders into my own accounts were not met and I have now got to try and claim the money from a bank when I'm not even a customer!!
  • Has anyone had any further update from Halifax or TSB?
  • Could this have anything to do with the fact that TWO direct debits were taken from my account yesterday, a day early?? Both are sanctioned to come out on the 21st of the month so how is this possible??

Is it possible Halifax knew this whole mess was going to happen?
  • channz76
    channz76 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 21 January 2013 at 3:03PM
    Has anyone had any further update from Halifax or TSB?

Just spoke to them again, spoke to someone in Account Management, who says last update they had was at 11.30am and that was to await further advice but the problem still hasn't been sorted out. If anyone has any direct debits going out today and your wages haven't arrived or faster payments haven't been received either, easiest option is to ask the bank to return the DD's (without cancelling them) and then when the problem has been resolved ask the originator(s) of the direct debits to re-submit the claims for the direct debits. I was told to do this otherwise I might get charged for bouncing direct debit(s) even though its not my fault! You have until 3.30pm to do this - any later you COULD potentially get charged for not having enough money to pay the direct debit(s). Obviously you will need to contact whoever originated the direct debits and explain why this has been done.

They doesnt appear to be any news about this anywhere and yet when NatWest had the issue last summer, it was on the news on day one.... maybe it is only affecting certain accounts? Would explain why some of the Lloyds TSB staff are not aware of any problems....
  • I had 4 DDs (and an internal transfer to savings) go out of my current account (Intelligent Finance - part of LBG) on schedule this morning. My rent payment SO went and returned.

So, I think DDs are not affect - though that doesn't explain why yours went early.
  • We have the same problem

Halifax is our bills account and our wages get paid into santander

Husband transfers his share of bills on the 20th of the month ready for credit card to be paid on 21st. Credit card has been taken but his standing order was returned to his santander account putting us at -£571 (we have a £500 overdraft limit but never use overdraft)

I tried transfering the £750 from my santander account and this has not appeared at Halifax (before I saw this and knew there was a problem)

Anyone know if we are going to get overdraft charges if they don't resolve tonight?
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • TSx
    TSx Posts: 851 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I've just tested as well and this is affecting me, tried to do a Barclays transfer from my LTSB account and it says it can only be done "next working day". I made the same transfer successfully at 8pm last night.

Very surprised it's not on the news given some people's salaries don't appear to be crediting. Is there anyone with a LTSB/HBOS account who aren't affected by this problem?
  • lionmike
    lionmike Posts: 22 Forumite
    fingers cross, As this is the first payment afterChristmas, I bet this is more important than most for the staff team, it would be interesting to know what has caused this

As the wages were returned to our account we have now paid the staff their wages by cheque or getting them cash (whichever they preferred). They still have the inconvenience of having to pay in but at least we are in a town centre so our bank and Halifax & Lloyds banks are all nearby. Hopefully their DDs and SOs will be ok if they paid the cash in this lunchtime.
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I just spoke to a lady at the Halifax who said it should be fixed by later this afternoon and all faster payments will go through as soon as it is back up and running.
    How will that work?

My payment (intended to go today by FP from LTSB) is sitting there with a scheduled payment date of 22 Jan. If the system is fixed today, how are they going to be able to separate payments like mine from payments that were originally intended to be sent on 22 Jan?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure