Natwest Black Current Account

Comments

• Twister84
    Twister84 Posts: 525 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    MattLondon wrote: »
    Thanks Madgagoo.

I have average credit- I don't borrow you see; the only credit I've had in recent years is my mobile contract!
    So I assumed that I would've had a further credit check done by NW as well as passing on income for the account- correct? So if my credit is good enough for this account, it should be good enough for overdraft or loan? I would've assumed it came with an overdraft zone like your competitors accounts.

Re new card- I currently have the blue-purple NW debit card, I assume the new one will atleast say private on it else how will I use the facilities ala airport lounge? Perhaps there is a separate members card with the adv pack?

Regards

Hi Matt,

I work in Natwest Private so may be I can be of some help.

Although you've applied online and passed the initial stages, I think it might have been of benefit to you if you'd gone into your local branch and spoken to a Private Banking Manager to fully utilize the service.

One of the advantages of having a Black Account/Manager is that you'd get discounted rates on borrowing if you go through the Manager. Borrowing is still credit scored, but Manager's have the ability to "appeal" applications which decline.

The Black credit card is one of the accounts that has been taken off sale with the recent changes.

The new Black Account debit card is...black!

Hope that helps!
    Anything that I do say, is strictly my opinion :p
  • MattLondon
    MattLondon Posts: 18 Forumite
    Hi TWISTER84

Thanks for answering my questions - that's great.
    I have have spoken with a relationship manager before but that was 1 year ago when it was still called ADV Private at that time.

Should I make an appointment to go into branch to see a RM to get the account running and cards issued and welcome pack OR is the purpose of meeting the RM to ensure that I am getting the very best service out of the account?

I like how the black credit card has been taken off sale, but on the NWOLB.com site you still get the option to apply for this card but says you need a Black Current account - is the web page out of date?

Thanks for clarifying the new debit card is black and I assume this is also VISA? does it have that red edge that I've seen on the Black credit card?

thanks for you help
  • Twister84
    Hi TWISTER84

Thanks for answering my questions - that's great.
    I have have spoken with a relationship manager before but that was 1 year ago when it was still called ADV Private at that time.

Should I make an appointment to go into branch to see a RM to get the account running and cards issued and welcome pack OR is the purpose of meeting the RM to ensure that I am getting the very best service out of the account?

I like how the black credit card has been taken off sale, but on the NWOLB.com site you still get the option to apply for this card but says you need a Black Current account - is the web page out of date?

Thanks for clarifying the new debit card is black and I assume this is also VISA? does it have that red edge that I've seen on the Black credit card?

thanks for you help

Seeing a PBM (Private Banking Manager - their official name now :)) will help in getting the most out of your account. Surely, as you said, you don't want to be paying an extra £12 just for worldwide airport lounges? :D

If you do actually qualify, then you can get introduced to their assistants, and get access to other services to make your banking easier for you. They can also get your new card sorted.

If you've been accepted for the Black Account, you will get the Welcome Pack automatically.

On the website where it mentions the Private Black Card, it's referring to the new Black credit card for which you do need to have a Black Account as they're meant to run alongside each other. If you look below, the benefits it mentions are the benefits of the Black Account.

The reason the old Black credit card has been taken off sale, is because they've merged the best features of the old Advantage Private and the old Black credit card, to make one new Black Account with less, but much better, benefits and credit card with no lifestyle benefits.

The new card is Visa Debit - when you mention "red edge", I'm not entirely sure what you mean. The new debit card looks similar to the old Black credit card with the logo in the middle.
  • pleasedelete
    pleasedelete Posts: 2,286 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    They are very into selling you stuff and always want to come round to do a review. We are very good at avoiding these- it has become an art!

They will also try and getvyour mortgage business. They were good when I needed a business account in a hurry- they sent a young chap round and it only took 2 days.

Our income is a few times the minimum on both criterias. I don't know if that makes a difference.
    June challenge £100 a day £3161.63 plus £350 vouchers plus £108.37 food/shopping saving

July challenge £50 a day. £ 1682.50/1550

October challenge £100 a day. £385/£3100
  • Twister84
    They are very into selling you stuff and always want to come round to do a review. We are very good at avoiding these- it has become an art!

They will also try and getvyour mortgage business. They were good when I needed a business account in a hurry- they sent a young chap round and it only took 2 days.

Of course they will! Surely the bank isn't also a business?! :eek:

Customer Reviews have been discussed in depth on this forum, and to be honest, I really cannot be bothered talking about them anymore - you will either benefit from them, or you won't. There is no harm in having one, and isn't the same as having a review from a Customer Advisor in branch.

The whole point of Private Banking is to have it fit round your lifestyle and make your banking easier.

You also have a mouth which the Almighty has given you - if you can say "No thankyou" you'll be fine. ;)
  • pleasedelete
    Twister84 wrote: »
    Of course they will! Surely the bank isn't also a business?! :eek:

You also have a mouth which the Almighty has given you - if you can say "No thankyou" you'll be fine. ;)

Haha you haven't met mine. A ruthless rottweiller who apparently drives past my door several times a day at random times of the day and night.
    No isn't a word in their vocabulary.

We have run out of grannies to die as an excuse for us not meeting.
    June challenge £100 a day £3161.63 plus £350 vouchers plus £108.37 food/shopping saving

• madgagoo
    madgagoo Posts: 354 Forumite
    edited 17 July 2011 at 7:00PM
    Re new card- I currently have the blue-purple NW debit card, I assume the new one will atleast say private on it else how will I use the facilities ala airport lounge? Perhaps there is a separate members card with the adv pack?

Regards

Having reread your original post the yes, you will have a new card - a private banking one rather than the standard purple one. I thought you meant was there a new private banking card - I didn't think that there was but it appears I have been corrected by twister84.

However I wouldn't think that it will be issued automatically. Once your account has definitely been upgraded to black then ring up (or visit a branch) and say your card is worn out. This should then replace it with a shiny new (black!) card, whilst leaving your existing one active in the meantime.
  • madgagoo
    madgagoo Posts: 354 Forumite
    edited 17 July 2011 at 7:01PM
    The new card is Visa Debit - when you mention "red edge", I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

The Ad Private Visa debit cards have red around the edges of the card.

What card will I get through if I ask for a replacement card on my ad private account?
  • pleasedelete
    madgagoo wrote: »
    The Ad Private Visa debit cards have red around the edges of the card.

What card will I get through if I ask for a replacement card on my ad private account?

I got a new private card 2 weeks ago as I lost mine. It's purple with red .

Black cards are really chavvy! Sorry trying to be AMex centurion and obviously failing.

• CKhalvashi
    CKhalvashi Posts: 12,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Hi Matt,

I work in Natwest Private so may be I can be of some help.

Hey Twister,

Just read through your post and was wondering if you could shed any light on if/when the Advantage Private is going to Black!

Many thanks
    💙💛 💔
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family