*Budget and Money Apps List*

Comments

• SillySod wrote: »
    So many iPhone users here too, that's not very frugal either ;)

I was going to make the very same point.
    The cost of obtaining and running an iphone probably added to some of the financial difficulties experienced by some. I have a very user-friendly smartphone that costs hundreds less than an iphone.
  • I was going to make the very same point.
    The cost of obtaining and running an iphone probably added to some of the financial difficulties experienced by some. I have a very user-friendly smartphone that costs hundreds less than an iphone.

I was debt free when I got my 1st iPhone and managed to get a great deal initially for £15 per month, when I upgraded to the iPhone 5 I made sure I got another good deal and that I could afford the monthly bill which I can.
    I also have an iPad which I got for free and is wifi only. If it hadn't been free I wouldn't have it as it is so expensive.
    P
    X
  • Palema wrote: »
    I was debt free when I got my 1st iPhone and managed to get a great deal initially for £15 per month

Yeah if you get an older model like the iphone4 now, which does the same thing as the new iphone5 but has a smaller screen, you can get deals like that. They bring out a new one so often now that getting the older model isn't an issue, its still really modern and runs all the apps.
  • Yeah if you get an older model like the iphone4 now, which does the same thing as the new iphone5 but has a smaller screen, you can get deals like that. They bring out a new one so often now that getting the older model isn't an issue, its still really modern and runs all the apps.

It was brand new in June 2010 when I got the iPhone 4, I got a loyalty discount with my network. I upgraded to the 5 in September as the menu button was sticking and I got good cash back so the 5 cost me practically nothing in the end!

P
    X
  • Palema wrote: »
    It was brand new in June 2010 when I got the iPhone 4, I got a loyalty discount with my network.

Excellent, people do assume you have to pay a lot to use iphones, not true!
  • Missmarple wrote: »
    I don't have any of these types of phones, however I am getting a Kindle Fire HD for Christmas which I hope to be carrying around with me. Anyone know about Kindle apps for budgeting ? I bearly know what an app is by the way.......

You get Kindle apps from the amazon app store, which will contain all sorts of stuff, I expect finance apps would be a part of it.

The apple app store is still the leader in terms of quantity and quality of available apps, but I expect you'll find some options you can use on the amazon app store on your kindle.

Anyone know of finance apps available in the amazon app store?
  • I was going to make the very same point.

If you only want a phone I can see your point, if you want a mobile computer with extraordinarily cheap software it actually represents a saving versus the valid alternatives
  • AFK_Matrix wrote: »
    if you have any apps you use then please post them up and I will add them to the list. Would also be great if this can be stickied I think.

Can this list be updated? It was your idea! :p
  • Can this list be updated? It was your idea! :p

Shall I just start another one of these and actually update the list?
  • no-one bothered?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport