Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Comments

• Hello Everyone

Hope everyone is well & in particular, Kathrynha, the hospital visit goes OK.

I'm impressed that people have lost weight - I've got my mojo back, which is just as well given the weight I gained whilst away!

I've got my first WI for about 4 weeks tomorrow so from tomorrow onwards I'm definitely on plan - up to now I've been paying lip service to it lol.

I've started having my usual yogurt & cereal / mixed veg & chicken breakfast & lunch combo - milk wasn't doing the job and I found I was picking mid morning.

Going to plan next week's meals tonight so the internet shop order can be placed.

I'm not sure who recommended James Smith but I signed up to his emails and I have to say they sound as if hubby wrote them. I haven't signed up yet to the PT aspect of it yet ....I did go swimming Wednesday and plan on going again tomorrow (I finally treated myself to the waterproof headphones!)

I'm 50 in March so would really love to hit my target for then - perhaps I need to believe in myself that I can do it as I always think when I set myself a target I'll never do it so I've mentally failed before I've started.
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    It's prob me that said about James smith but watching his videos are interesting. He moans about sw but on the whole other than his foul language talks a lot of sense tbh

Well done losers and sts btw folks. Doing well for start of year. Only realised earlier we still haven't changed the calendar, shows how often we check it lol. Sure I got one with one of the magazines for this year tho
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,581 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    so happy to report that my mindful week has resulted in -5lb tonight! now to keep up the mindful-ness :)

Wow! I somehow missed that yesterday. That's brilliant lush!:T

Glad you're feeling a bit better kathrynha:)

I've done my meal plan and shopping list for the coming week and will go to Aldi soon but waiting for a parcel for DH!:mad:

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB porage, HEA milk
    L: couscous with salad bits and ham
    D: HM pork burger, patatas bravas, mushrooms, green stuff (broccoli and whatever else I buy)
    Syns: extra HEB 6, syrup 2, gin??;)
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    There was a James smith video for 13 minutes about the monthly cycle and at times needing 300 calories more which was interesting to watch
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    maman wrote: »
    :T on your loss bubbs
    I loved your post of all your achievements in the past year esmy . It's brilliant motivation for all of us but especially anyone starting out. Thank you. :)

AFAIK salted nuts aren't a HEB, only plain ones. :(
    Thanks for all the feedback on HEBs. I rarely miss but I don't want to mess DH about. If I tell him I can have 2 slices he'll do the same with rye bread and that'll mean 6 more syns. :( He's such a sweetie making me breakfast in bed every day, I don't want to put him off. :D

I've just taken 1.5 syns out of the bank today. I decided to make up a pack of couscous to use up salady bits. I've snacked on some this evening.
    I would be suicidal...... so hoping it is just me being out of kilter or the menopause... either are better than another pregnancy. :o:o:o:o But my swollen tummy is annoying me, but that is still far better than a pregnancy! Pulling my fingers nails out with pliers would be better than a pregnancy.

I should add that I am 48.... hence the strong oppositional view. :D
    Change i bet:D
    kathrynha wrote: »
    I think at 48 the change is more likely. Before I got ill and the medication has totally changed my periods to make them even worse (major part of my iron problems), I was starting to head towards the change, and some months I would do the full pmt, bloating, sore breasts, spots, etc, and then no bleeding, and it would all calm down, and the next month I would have a totally normal period

Mine just stopped when i was about 47 never had one since, been so lucky just get the odd flush:D
    Hope hospital went ok today x
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    esmy wrote: »
    Morning all.

1.5 off for this week. That's a good loss for me and it hasn't been a full week either so I'm pleased with that.

Caterina I tend to use syns for extra carbs or a second HEB, or adding flavours to my cooking - extra fats I can manage without. Hope all goes to plan at the hospital, Kathryn, and you feel a bit better afterwards.
    Morning everyone,

Hope you get on well at the hospital Kathrynha.

2lbs off for me, and I’m still feeling very motivated, thanks to you lot. :T:T
    Morning.
    Been to class this morning - never seen it so busy. Packed with newbies, couldn't park car near by and not enough chairs in two emi circles. Aaarrrggghh. Never mind, it will calm down.
    I lost 1 1/2LB so I'm very happy with that as I'm back in range (just)
    We all had the new member talk and I quite enjoyed it. It made me rethink the way I do things.
    My plan for today is :-
    He a milk
    he b hifi bars
    B banana and grapes
    L bacon and egg salad, yogurt
    D chicken fajita lasagne (6) I use a dolmio light lasagne sauce as no one else likes sw white sauces and a sprinkle of cheese on top. Packed with onions and peppers. Served with a spinach and red onion salad.
    Syns snacks will be hifi bars and satsumas.

:T:T:T:T:T well done all of you
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Chrisv wrote: »
    Wow, some great losses this week, well done losers :T

STS for me, but I can't complain as I definitely went over syns last weekend :o Onwards and upwards :)
    Thats ok Chris , you didnt put on............says she who goes in a strop if she stays the same:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Afternoon all :D
    I need to go and do my fake KFC, yummy yummy piggies tummy its going
    :rotfl::rotfl:

• I still am waiting for mother nature - now late by a fair bit. OH is sweating like a pig.... my stomach is blowing up, so I am panicking now!

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

I think I was keeping the British pregnancy testing kit industry going last year....as well as practicing my pregnancy test buying Nijina skills.

Havent had a real visit for about a year now - suppose I should go to the quacks.
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    bubbs wrote: »
    Mine just stopped when i was about 47 never had one since, been so lucky just get the odd flush:D
    Hope hospital went ok today x

You are so lucky. Before being ill and drugs effecting them I quite frequently managed to have period pains and hot flushes at the same time.

These days with the drugs some months I think Niagara Falls has less flow!

Once the cancer is all sorted I will go on the waiting list to get that stuff sorted out.
    Zebras rock
  • Morning all

Raining so not sure if I am riding to work or taking the bus. Plan for today:

B - Overnight oats
    L - LO salmon and roasted veg
    D - Caribbean pepperpot stew (with chicken) and plain rice
    S - Banana, apple, pear and grapes.

HEA - Milk
    HEB - Oats

Have a good day everyone

Evening everyone

I went slightly off that plan yesterday. I had a SW beef lasagne for dinner instead of the stew. Wasn't impressed with the lasagne, it was watery, peppery and didn't have a lot of flavour. I won't have it again but it filled a gap.

I've discovered Murray Mints (1 syn per mint) and two in the afternoon helps get over that sweet craving.

Today I had:

B- Overnight oats
    L - Home made tuna pasta salad made with half fat mayo (5 Syns)
    D - Homity pie (without cheese), oven baked chicken breast with oven roasted peppers and tomatoes.
    Snack - Fruit

Staying fully on plan and feeling inspired by you all :)

Holiday in June; I want to be at least 2 stone lighter; ideally 3.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure