Make £10 a day October 2016 Everybody Welcome

Options

Comments

• Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lynnejk, I think like me carbootcrazy is pleased to read you have savings and that you are earning interest on your savings. :beer::j

One day we will be in the same situation as you, no debt and lots of savings :money::D:A just not going to count how long that might take.

in the words of Del boy, this time next year, we will be millionaires.

:A:A:A
  • Aesop
    Options
    sorry only posting quick replies. have been working all week, running DS to his various activities and trying to sort my stuff, which isn't getting done.

I am also working on a difficult MS project which requires speedy replies with reports which take a while as it is difficult to report due to the nature of the reporting (secret squirrel!)

Oh well should all be over by sunday night.

and have virgin coming out next tuesday as there is problems wiht my router :rotfl: I keep being told I am on the wrong channel. I am sharing with my neighbours hence why my connection is pants most of the time. funny that... that's what the last one said!

dont they know I have money to make and need all laptops/tablets/spare phones connected at the same time!:rotfl::rotfl:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    lynnejk wrote: »
    Good luck with selling your bread maker CBC - life's strange sometimes eh, pure chance you talking with next stall-holder.

Lx

Yes, the subject only came up because she strolled over to the cake/bread stall and bought a loaf of home-made bread:rotfl:. It started her talking about how she loves home-made bread and would make her own if only she had a bread maker. Cue for me to leap in and mention that I had one doing nothing.

I checked on eBay etc and ones like mine are going for around £50 plus postage and that's for used ones. Mine is still new although the instructions have been taken out and read. I phoned her to mention the sort of prices they are going for and she said she can't afford more than £25:(. I'm definitely not parting with mine for that price:eek:
  • TheBanker
    TheBanker Posts: 1,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 7 October 2016 at 6:26AM
    Options
    I am worried about myself now... I was genuinely excited when I spotted a 5p coin on the ground next to my car yesterday evening! Adding that to the pot along with 10p Qmee and £6.32 interest. And just found £4.01 Quidco is now payable.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Aesop wrote: »
    lynnejk, I think like me carbootcrazy is pleased to read you have savings and that you are earning interest on your savings. :beer::j

One day we will be in the same situation as you, no debt and lots of savings :money::D:A just not going to count how long that might take.

in the words of Del boy, this time next year, we will be millionaires.

:A:A:A

Thanks, Aesop. You explain things so well:A

I wasn't being envious in a nasty way, Lynne, I hope you didn't think that:o. I know what terrible financial woes you've experienced and am really chuffed that things have worked out so well for you and DH, obviously thanks to a lot of very hard work:A.

I was just trying to say I wish I was doing as well as you are. But, as Aesop so wisely said, 'this time next year......'. Will definitely be longer than next year in my case, maybe next decade:eek:, and that's not to be a millionaire but just to have savings;)

Onwards and upwards, eh?
  • Aesop
    Options
    Yes, the subject only came up because she strolled over to the cake/bread stall and bought a loaf of home-made bread:rotfl:. It started her talking about how she loves home-made bread and would make her own if only she had a bread maker. Cue for me to leap in and mention that I had one doing nothing.

I checked on eBay etc and ones like mine are going for around £50 plus postage and that's for used ones. Mine is still new although the instructions have been taken out and read. I phoned her to mention the sort of prices they are going for and she said she can't afford more than £25:(. I'm definitely not parting with mine for that price:eek:

definitely not. I had a decent breadmaker I gave away on free cycle. maybe try selling on Gumtree or ebay yourself but factor on cost of postage and put that in price. then offer free p and p. that means you don't pay ebay postage charges. x
  • Aesop
    Options
    TheBanker wrote: »
    I am worried about myself now... I was genuinely excited when I spotted a 5p coin on the ground next to my car yesterday evening! Adding that to the pot along with 10p Qmee and £6.32 interest. And just found £4.01 Quidco is now payable.

well done. I don't find much roadkill these days and I still get excited.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 7 October 2016 at 7:16AM
    Options
    lynnejk wrote: »
    I have spent nearly three hours trying to do surveys today. All I actually managed to make was £2.50. Didn't even qualify for any PA ones today :mad:

Oh well, the morrow is another day and hope you all have a fabulous Friday
    Lx

I was awake so early this morning, well more like the middle of the night really:(, as cat brought a live mouse home, carried it upstairs and started chasing and 'playing' with it round our bedroom:eek:. OH eventually managed to catch it after stubbing his toe and much cursing. It was all his racket that woke me up rather than the cat's antics, I can sleep through anything as a rule. He went down and release the mouse into the garden. It looked uninjured but is probably traumatised after it's ordeal. It scampered off quickly enough though so might survive:)

Decided to get up, make some tea and have a blast at all the surveys that I had ignored for a few days. My brain aches now, some of them were so boring:(, but I managed to add quite a lot to the coffers for a change although not claimed yet. Even managed to do 2 PA ones that I was eligible for and that's a rare event:rotfl:.
  • latinaid
    latinaid Posts: 148 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Definitely worth more than £25. Try Gumtree before eBay to avoid fees, and if you use Facebook, look for some local selling groups. You should be able to get the £50 for it. I've sold a used one before (when I upgraded) through Gumtree.

I realise I'm very lucky to have savings. I've always been a bit of a hoarder and not a spendthrift (have managed to train my partner as well!). Mind you, that interest is going to drop a bit once Santander cuts the rate on the 123 account, but I'll be checking to see if there are better placed to stash the loot once it happens. As we always say in our house, I will do whatever St Martin tells me to do! :money:
  • Aesop
    Options
    latinaid wrote: »
    Definitely worth more than £25. Try Gumtree before eBay to avoid fees, and if you use Facebook, look for some local selling groups. You should be able to get the £50 for it. I've sold a used one before (when I upgraded) through Gumtree.

I realise I'm very lucky to have savings. I've always been a bit of a hoarder and not a spendthrift (have managed to train my partner as well!). Mind you, that interest is going to drop a bit once Santander cuts the rate on the 123 account, but I'll be checking to see if there are better placed to stash the loot once it happens. As we always say in our house, I will do whatever St Martin tells me to do! :money:

love it.

I just picked up more ms worm for November. there was me trying to give it up but needs must.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure