**Make Me Rich This Year eBay or Else!!**

Comments

• starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Floxxie wrote: »
    As it is collect only, I am hoping that they pay cash as eBay have made enough off me without adding Paypal fees on.

bit of advice that someone told me last year.

if it's a collect only item you should ask for cash on collection. paypal only accept post office receipts as proof of postage so even if you get them to sign a piece of paper saying they collected it if they are a bit dodgy and put a not delivered claim in paypal will find in their favour and you will have to refund them.
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • bravobeastie
    bravobeastie Posts: 1,946 Forumite
    starnac wrote: »
    bit of advice that someone told me last year.

if it's a collect only item you should ask for cash on collection. paypal only accept post office receipts as proof of postage so even if you get them to sign a piece of paper saying they collected it if they are a bit dodgy and put a not delivered claim in paypal will find in their favour and you will have to refund them.

Paypal will only accept tracking numbers from recorded or special delivery or courier company.

If you only have a reciept as proof of postage you will have to refund the buyer and claim from Royal Mail yourself.
  • Floxxie
    Floxxie Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    If it's collection only, you can't refuse Paypal :mad: however my lovely buyer has agreed to pay cash.

Just hope that I am not too hung over when they collect as it is my b'day weekend and my best buddy will be helping me celebrate :beer:

Also did something very naughty today and bought an extremely expensive necklace for me - will be using the eBay proceeds but still very naughty :D
    Mortgage start September 2015 £90000 MFiT #06
  • CompletelyLost
    CompletelyLost Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Do you reckon they'll "treat" us to another free listing weekend this week..?
    I'm probably asking too much.

Sold another item tonight, only made £1.50. I'm slowly but surely clearing this crap though, so it's all good. 28 items gone so far this month :D
  • Floxxie
    Floxxie Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    No CL - I can't do this weekend :beer: drinking much
    Mortgage start September 2015 £90000 MFiT #06
  • I've just had a buyer pay through paypal on a collection only item even though I had put cash on collection. I didn't realise that they still had the paypal option. Presuming that they do collect it, how do I prove it? They are asking whether it could be sent which would presumably mean me getting a quote from a courier company & them paying this also through paypal BEFORE I actually post it?
    Grocery aim £450pm.Spent £519 August, £584 July, £544 June, £541 May, £549 April, £517 March, £517 Feb,£555 Jan, £573 Dec, £465Nov, £561Oct, £493Sept, £426Aug,£496 Jul, £528Jun, £506May,£498April, £558 March, £500Feb, £500 Jan, £490 Dec, £555 Nov,£566 Oct, £505Sept, £450Aug, £410 July, £437 June, £491 May, £471 April, £440 March, £552Feb, £462Jan
  • CompletelyLost
    CompletelyLost Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 10 March 2011 at 12:22AM
    Floxxie wrote: »
    No CL - I can't do this weekend :beer: drinking much
    how dare you neglect your ebaying duties and actually have a social life!!! ;)
    I've just had a buyer pay through paypal on a collection only item even though I had put cash on collection. I didn't realise that they still had the paypal option. Presuming that they do collect it, how do I prove it? They are asking whether it could be sent which would presumably mean me getting a quote from a courier company & them paying this also through paypal BEFORE I actually post it?
    I would send them a polite email asking them if they would be able to pay cash on collection - say you're selling the item on behalf of a friend and that they need the cash asap. Though you can't really stop buyer paying with paypal... it's risky, especially with high value items.
  • MiaowMiaow
    MiaowMiaow Posts: 414 Forumite
    *KT* wrote: »
    I know this is a tiny thing but I'm really chiffed. I just made my first star!

Yay!

WELL DONE!!!:j
    It feels good when ytou get a star! keep it up !!:)

I've just managed to list another 9 items , yey! so thats 56 listed :):)
  • katie07
    katie07 Posts: 180 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Had a nightmare yesterday - went to relist (for about the 6th time!) an item that again hadn't resold, only to be told that a restriction had been placed on my account!! I was really annoyed, as most of the items I've been listing (old clothes) have been relists, and have been selling for next to nothing so they are quite obviously not counterfeits!!

Anyway, I wrote a polite email to eBay asking them to check my account history and to reconsider, and to my surprise they replied within 24 hours and removed my restriction! :T So I am now able to relist my rubbish to my heart's content :D

In other news, I have sold another 99p item but the buyer is new to eBay and has had trouble paying :doh: I think it's nearly sorted now so should hopefully be able to post that tomorrow!
  • katie07
    katie07 Posts: 180 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    SJP wrote: »
    I've quite a lot of playstation games to list, am I better off taking photo's of these?

Firstly, welcome to the thread! :beer: I'm no expert, but personally I think it's best if you take photos of your actual items, rather than using stock photos etc. That way the buyer can see exactly what they're buying and if there is any damage/marks etc then they can see that in the photos
    SJP wrote: »
    Also, is there a best day to end the auctions on? I used to think it was Sundays?

Again, I'm no expert (am fairly new at selling) but apparently Sunday evening is still the best time to sell. I wouldn't know though, as I'm not *too* successful at selling right now :D

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport