Making chicken feed of my mortgage

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    Options
    The yellow gin is Ungava. It's made with plants and berries of the Canadian tundra - wild rose hips, crowberry, labrador tea, cloudberry, arctic blend and nordic juniper. The rose hips give it the yellow colour.

I read it as nordic jumper... with bits of labradors ... Oops.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    I read it as nordic jumper... with bits of labradors ... Oops.

:rotfl: Haven't opened it yet, fingers crossed it doesn't smell like FIL's labrador...!

£34.45 share dividend cheque arrived in the post so equivalent funds transferred from current a/c to MOP holding a/c and then transferred a 55p TT. There should be a larger dividend on the way as well :)
    Mortgage at highest (April 2008): ~£195,000
    Mortgage-free: January 2021
    Retired: June 2022 (186 months early!)
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    In money news, the second dividend payment hasn't arrived yet... but I have signed up for 2017 Sharesave so from November I'll be paying the maximum £500/month into the scheme.

In other news, my winter salad plug plants arrived yesterday; I managed to get all 145 of them planted up before it got too dark and they seem to have survived Storm Aileen :T A shared responsibility fence panel wasn't so lucky - I knew I'd be lucky if it survived the winter but it's a bit disappointing that it didn't survive the first storm :( It fell into the neighbour's garden so I'll let them fix it and then pay half!

My nephew has had 2 trips to A&E this week and added another 2 foods to the list of foods that he can't eat :(
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options

My nephew has had 2 trips to A&E this week and added another 2 foods to the list of foods that he can't eat :(

Oh muddy, that's not good to hear :( Are they completely 'new' foods, or part of the same 'families' of foodstuffs that have triggered reactions previously? Because I know that you said he could be fine with some foods that your SIL ate, but passed to him via BM, but couldn't eat himself directly. It must be such a worry for you all - and especially your brother and SIL. I can't imagine how exhausting all the stress of the worry must be for them.

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £7/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £184.08/215
    Non-food household spend April £27.83/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Sounds like a good size. Try closing the vents when it is roaring. Is the wood dry?
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    He returned bearing a gift - a bottle of yellow gin for the gin cupboard :T
    Does it fit ;).

Hope nephew ok and you make the wood burner bend to your will :D.
    Save
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    £96.01 share dividend received, rounded up to £100 and transferred to MOP holding account :)

New food allergies Greying :( They tried to introduce sesame seeds in the form of tahini on the advise of the paediatric dietitian and then a couple of days later he reacted to pumpkin seed butter which he'd previously been ok with...

The wood is kiln-dried ash SHS so it must have been operator error!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Happy 16th wedding anniversary to you both :D. Have a lovely day xx
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    New food allergies Greying :( They tried to introduce sesame seeds in the form of tahini on the advise of the paediatric dietitian and then a couple of days later he reacted to pumpkin seed butter which he'd previously been ok with...

Oh that's rough muddy - doing what an 'expert' told them, and then having DN react to something he was previously OK with :( I feel for you all, I really do.

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £7/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £184.08/215
    Non-food household spend April £27.83/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    Happy 16th wedding anniversary to you both :D. Have a lovely day xx

Thank you :) Mr MWC got home from his latest business trip in the early hours, I'm cooking dinner for him tonight and there is a bottle of fizz left from the family party :p
    Oh that's rough muddy - doing what an 'expert' told them, and then having DN react to something he was previously OK with :( I feel for you all, I really do.

Greying X

Thanks Greying. I admire SIL who is determined to carry on breastfeeding until at least his first birthday.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family