~Make upto £10 a day in September 2017 ~ - everybody most welcome

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 9 September 2017 at 5:18AM
    cufc_mike wrote: »
    Haven't had chance to get online much since Tuesday night. I've been a little...pre-occupied shall we say. Delighted to announce the safe arrival of a beautiful little boy during the early hours of Wednesday morning. My wife and baby son (ha...that sounds weird!) are home, and our lives will never be the same again. A few extra pennies to help my total tick over. Hopefully a bit more to come tomorrow.

Wonderful news, Mike:T:j:beer:_party_:dance:

Glad that Mother and son are doing well. Big hugs to all of you:kisses3:.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 9 September 2017 at 5:25AM
    Did I ever mention that OH is the king of hoarders and just can't get rid of anything?;):eek:. Well, for once, I'm delighted by that but I'm not going to go OTT about thanking him as it will ruin all my efforts over the years to get him to dispose of things.

The reason I'm so happy is...... VHS videos:rotfl:. I've sold some on Amazon before(where they still have a separate listing category for them) from time to time. I thought most of them had gone until I unearthed this big boxful (well, OH did in one of his sheds). I know the ones I sold before were in good nick because they'd been stored in the house but I was a bit dubious about the ones from the leaky shed in case damp had got to them. They're decades old:eek:. Not having a working VHS player now I couldn't test them before listing.

After much scrabbling about in the other shed (a rainproof one this time:j) and much muttering OH produced a VHS player which I didn't recognise. It isn't our 'old' one and goodness knows where he acquired it:eek:. It works perfectly (amazingly he had stored the cables etc with it), as do all the tapes I've tested so far. Now all I have to do is list them. Some VHS tapes, surprisingly, are selling for decent money so it's worth a go.

No car boot or tabletop sales planned this weekend:( and rain is threatened for most of today so testing and listing the videos is a job I can get done instead. I know how to have fun:rotfl:
  • shariann
    shariann Posts: 1,027
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Haven't had chance to get online much since Tuesday night. I've been a little...pre-occupied shall we say. Delighted to announce the safe arrival of a beautiful little boy during the early hours of Wednesday morning. My wife and baby son (ha...that sounds weird!) are home, and our lives will never be the same again. A few extra pennies to help my total tick over. Hopefully a bit more to come tomorrow.

£3.83 from matched betting
    £0.20 from citizen me
    £4.03 total.

Congratulations :beer:
    £10 a day April - £4/£300
    2014 £110.92 2015 £3732.30 2016 £1633.66 2017 £2991.70 2018 £3255.40
    Jan £105.50 Feb £80.47March £69.30
  • QueenJess
    QueenJess Posts: 3,654
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Aesop wrote: »
    do you have uncooked rice? take battery and sim out, lay it face down in bowl of rice. the rice draws moisture from phone, takes a few days.

Thanks - will give that a go.. I turned it on this morning to have a look and definitely have shadows on the screen and not looking good. Still hopeful it'll recover as I once spilt a whole cup of water over a work laptop and it was fine once it dried and lasted years. Will leave it off for another day and see how it fares.

I was planning to get a new phone at some point as they don't really last and I like to push my technology to the limit, but was hoping I wouldn't need to until March time next year so I would have some time to save for it. I was also hoping the current phone would be ok and I would catch it before it breaks so I could trade it in for some cash!

Unfortunately with no phone my money making will be a bit slower and more tricky.. :(
    2024 decluttering: 6,020 ⭐️🥉⭐️🏅🏅🥈⭐️🏅🥇🏅⭐️
    2024 decluttering goals: 🥉3,000 🥈4,000 🥇5,000 💎12,000 🏆 20,000
  • QueenJess
    QueenJess Posts: 3,654
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Haven't had chance to get online much since Tuesday night. I've been a little...pre-occupied shall we say. Delighted to announce the safe arrival of a beautiful little boy during the early hours of Wednesday morning. My wife and baby son (ha...that sounds weird!) are home, and our lives will never be the same again.

Congrats! I was wondering if there was a baby on the way as I hadn't seen you on the thread for a few days! :beer:
    2024 decluttering: 6,020 ⭐️🥉⭐️🏅🏅🥈⭐️🏅🥇🏅⭐️
    2024 decluttering goals: 🥉3,000 🥈4,000 🥇5,000 💎12,000 🏆 20,000

• ............. Some VHS tapes, surprisingly, are selling for decent money so it's worth a go.

No car boot or tabletop sales planned this weekend:( and rain is threatened for most of today so testing and listing the videos is a job I can get done instead. I know how to have fun:rotfl:

Thanks fot that :beer:
    I might have a few boxes around too - I know I took loads to the tip last year - but there may be some I missed :rotfl:
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Did I ever mention that OH is the king of hoarders and just can't get rid of anything?;):eek:. Well, for once, I'm delighted by that but I'm not going to go OTT about thanking him as it will ruin all my efforts over the years to get him to dispose of things.

The reason I'm so happy is...... VHS videos:rotfl:. I've sold some on Amazon before(where they still have a separate listing category for them) from time to time. I thought most of them had gone until I unearthed this big boxful (well, OH did in one of his sheds). I know the ones I sold before were in good nick because they'd been stored in the house but I was a bit dubious about the ones from the leaky shed in case damp had got to them. They're decades old:eek:. Not having a working VHS player now I couldn't test them before listing.

After much scrabbling about in the other shed (a rainproof one this time:j) and much muttering OH produced a VHS player which I didn't recognise. It isn't our 'old' one and goodness knows where he acquired it:eek:. It works perfectly (amazingly he had stored the cables etc with it), as do all the tapes I've tested so far. Now all I have to do is list them. Some VHS tapes, surprisingly, are selling for decent money so it's worth a go.

Think you will win the most unusual item sold competition cbc.

Well done to Oh but does this mean you have to split money with him,?

Are you selling the VHS player? DH needs a new one. I was debating buying one with dvd player installed too.
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Anyone selling to we buy books today

Use code WBBSAT1017

Extra 10% on any trade
  • Rosie
    Rosie Posts: 1,758
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    :beer:Congratulations Mike
    Jan £10 a day £326.75/£310
  • Rosie
    Rosie Posts: 1,758
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thanks CBC I didn't realise that videos still sell. I threw a lot away but still have a few left mostly Disney and Billy Connolly if I can bear to part with them.
    Jan £10 a day £326.75/£310
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport