Comments

• illtyd
    Options
    Hello I got two of these this morning
    INTL. LOTTO COMMISSION
    28014 madrid 0034-616 998 258

Ive won 985,950 Euros
    I need to ring Don PEPE MAY on 0034 695 325 411 fax 0034 911 817 642

cant BT just block these numbers or better still divert them to citizens advice ?

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know this scam is back on - I received a letter last week from Intl. Lotto Commission based in Madrid, sent from Malaga. The only change I can see from my research on the internet is that they have changed their address (moved a couple of doors down the same road) and the claim agent is now Don Ivan Marina from Classic Security & Finance Company S.A. They are now 'only' asking for 5% transfer fee.

They are also showing a picture on the letter which looks like it has been taken from the National Lottery here in the UK (logo in background).

Just thought this may help someone.
  • Ian1946
    Options
    Received today - my wife has won £815,510,00 from International Lotto Commission - appararantly there was a mistake in the original draw!!

Funny how she can win when she has ever bought a lottery ticket anywhere in the world in her life !!!
  • Freddie_Snowbits
    Options
    Reply saying you are Mike Hunt and Jenny Taylor
  • Kernowc
    Kernowc Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My husband has also won 985,950 euros but the agent we are to contact in Madrid is Don Freez Macario the foreign service manager of Asturguros Security Company S.A. Tel 0034-625-749-053 Fax 0034-911-817-642 Perhaps the logos for Visa, Mastercard & American Express at the foot of their page is to show us what we can use to pay them!!!! I like the bit that they will pay you by cheque but then they spoil it all by asking for your ID. Strangely they address the envelope by name and the letter to "dear beneficiary".
  • Caffeine_Queen
    Options
    I always firmly believe that you don't get anything for nothing in this world!! As soon as I started to read the obviously fake "Award Notification" that came through my door this morning I switched on the PC and googled it - and here I am!

I suspect that less aware or maybe more needy people do fall for this kind of trap, so I'm not gonna have a go at anyone who does. It's the sharks behind it all that make me sick. How have they been getting away with it for so long?

Cheers for the info, mine's in the shredder as I type!

:T
  • lahamada
    Options
    Just received letter from the above claiming that I have won 985,950 Euros and these are being kept by asturguros security company untill I claim them. A payment processing form was also including notifying me that I will have to pay a 10% fee once I have received these funds.
    Company is located in Calle Babel Madrid Spain and contact person is Don Martin Bono. Also all contacts are to be either by phone or fax!!!!!
    These also claim that 'International Highstake bonanza was in their own words 'designed and promoted by European lottey'

:confused:
  • NYGirl
    NYGirl Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    My Mom who is 74 years old received a letter from the International Lotto Commission in Madrid Spain about 10 days ago. Luckily she called me to tell me about it before she contacted them. She was convinced she won 1.2 million dollars and was going to call Mr. Thomas Martin in Spain as instructed in the letter. I told her it was a scam and that I would verify it on the internet and call her back. She didn't want to believe me and said it looked legit. I called her back and confirmed that it was a scam and that all they wanted was to con her for money and obtain her personal identification information like bank account numbers, picture ID's, charge charge numbers etc. She was thankful that she asked me about it and so was I. These scammers are the scum of the earth. Everyone should warn their friends and loved ones of these type of scams before they end up losing their hard earned money.:T
  • rogercr
    rogercr Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    STILL going on - rec'd a letter today saying phone a Dr Michael Smith on 0049 152 237 606 03. I wonder how much that call would cost?
  • Marcusp
    Marcusp Posts: 125 Forumite
    Options
    I keep getting letters from

Friedrich Mueller
    P O Box 519
    1011 Vienna
    Austria

saying I've been awarded a prize, all I need to do is send a cheque for £29.95 to receive my prize. I keep writing back to them that I am bankrupt (not true) and am not allowed a cheque book or credit card so just keep the £29.95 from the prize money. They also say that no purchase is necessary so I keep writing to them that since no purchase is necessary I did not bother to purchase a stamp for the letter. So far this week I have had a letter from them every day and sent each back without a stamp. In the past 2 months I must have had at least 20 letters. I wonder if my unstamped letters are getting delivered to them because they are not sending me my money. In my latest reply to them I said that I was going to charge them £1000 for each letter and made up an invoice in excel for the £1000.

I live in hope.

words in bold are to notify anyone that I am not wasting any money. I am retired so can indulge myself and waste my own time and no electrons were wasted in writing this post.
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I sometimes reply with fake details :)

I once told them my name was Morag Mooship and i lived at 69 fairytree lane and that my dob made me 2 years old.

I find it incredible anyone doesnt have enough common sense to see these as the scam they actually are. Then again, desperate people can convince themselves of allsorts :o
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure