PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Saturday 17th June 2017

Comments

• LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning everyone,

Thanks for the thread FBO, enjoy your time with family.

Sunny here and already 22c, was up before 7 and in the shop by half past to make the most of the coolest part of the day. We have both DSS's coming over tomorrow and I needed a few extra bits to see us through, it was lovely and quiet with loads of YS bargains so worth the trip.
    No other plans for the day, will knock up a quick Victoria sponge as they both love cake, other than that it will be sitting under the parasol reading and probably snoozing as well :)

Have a good day folks x
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all

Lovely bright day here and already scorching hot :j I have a load in the wm and anoher two to do should all dry well on the line today.

We re supposed to be going to look for cars for dd today but she came in a bit worse for wear last night so Im not sure we will be going, I do have to nip to the shop for dog food and washing detergent (forgot them last week)

its open gardens in the village this weekend so we might go for a wander round this afternoon they are doing cream teas at the village hall :D and we have to go past the pub on the way home so win win :j

Not sure about dinner tonight but I will tey and not put the oven on, maybe bbq in the garden ?

Tomorrow we will have a long walk through the woods to a tiny cafe and may have lunch out, Evie can pick herself a doggie ice cream for her birthday :D

Have good days all xx
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning All

I've just slept for 11 hours, not sure if I feel better for it or not!

Bedding in the WM, it's not raining at the moment but not cold so hopefully the breeze will get it dry. I've sorted a cupboard that was a complete mess, been meaning to do that since the kitchen went in at Christmas!

Have a good time FBO.

Hope you all have a good weekend. Take care. XX
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    nelski

Evil so and so that I am. I would be ordering some of these lovely brochures from W***sh*** foods and also their rivals. Once a certain person finds out how much their "lovely" fishcakes cost ;) there might be a change in attitude. I worked it out as £4 for a main meal, seven meals a week £28- fourteen meals £56 and adding seven puddings at around £1.30 would take it up to around £65 a week. :eek: Let her put that in her pipe and smoke it! I am really cross on your behalf as I know how it feels when you are chasing round like a mad dog after its own tail and get shouted at or insulted for your pains.

Lovely day so dug out a dress and nice sandals and have a hair appointment for around 12.15. I look like a sheepdog!

Youngest has had her first car delivered to her by her sister and BIL on Thursday and they gave her a practice run with them before they left. She phoned this morning and let slip she was looking for a sat nav . I nagged, er persuaded her to let me send her the money so she could get a good one. She also has an interview for a better job in about ten days after her holiday. Let's hope things are finally looking up after a horrible few years for us all.

I want to look respectable for a hospital appointment on Tuesday and not eccentric.;) Bit worried that I still get breathless but trying to be sensible.

Eventually have found a cleaner who will come round on Thursday and help me sort things properly as the building work etc has covered the place with dust. My filter bag for the hoover was so bad I had to throw it away and order a new one. I have just been struggling to fit in and replace the bag as well and can't screw the lid back :mad::mad::mad:

TA

Pea and ham was DH's favourite too. It did not matter if I made it with a proper ham shank and dried peas or cut corners with a stock cube - he still scoffed it happlly.

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • Morning ((((((((((hugs))))))))))) if you need one.

Late up this morning so chasing my tail, need to do the Friday clean as we were out all day yesterday, OH sat on his BTM in the sun, I was annoyed as I had asked him to hoover the carpet in the sitting room......so a few words on the 'shutting himself off' subject. He has just had a bacon sarnie, he is bowling this afternoon.

Its very warm, the sun has moved off the sitting room, so its fairly cool, need to decide if I am going to cut the binding for the tree skirt or sit and read........may be the latter.

We have been picking strawberries for 15 days, OH worked out we have picked over 15lbs from 24 plants, not bad going. I have 2lbs in the freezer, will make a couple of jars of jam with them.

Yesterdays shopping trip was only partly successful. I got a dress and shrug for 'the wedding' we met DGD in the shopping centre, she had been to Mr T's. The sprayer I was after was out of stock in both Wilkinson and Argos. I have ordered one from Wilko's, will have to go into melton to collect it.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Good afternoon everyone, thanks to FBO for starting the thread (I hope you have a fab time in London) and hugs to anyone that needs one.

I woke to leaden skies this morning so decided to just have a lazy start, the sun's out now and it's pleasantly warm though not hot by any definition. I'll do some more planting later but apart from that I've no plans.

Hope everyone has a great day x
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,004 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Nelski wrote: »
    Going round today to pick up mail and take her out for food not really looking forward to it as she was in a very nippy mood yesterday telling me my fishcakes were awful :( I had some myself so I can vouch for the fact they weren't. She can be a harsh woman at times....she used to be be really snappy with Dad and it seems I have just filled his boots .....not for much longer though sympathy has its limits

As elona has already said I'm also cross on your behalf.
    My Mother is never grateful for anything I do, but DB can do no wrong, probably because he doesn't do anything.
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,403 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Afternoon all
    Had a disturbed sleep last night with DH snoring and having a 20min conversation with someone in his sleep. It was an extremely hot night so all the windows were open and unfortunately some woman was weaving her way up the road at 1.30am. ( don't know where she had come from as there are no pubs around here ) Not only was she talking loudly on the phone to someone called David but she had the clip clop of her very high heels echoing too and then a big crash as she fell off the pavement :eek:. ( she got up eventually after a struggle with her handbag and she seemed ok ). At 5am was awakened with someones cockerel crowing, and again at 7am by a singing delivery man for over the road neighbours. Wouldn't have been so bad but said neighbours weren't up to answer the door, so much banging and shouting ensued until they opened it :mad:. ( Will be happy when it cools down enough to be able to sleep with the window closed again ) This used to be such a nice quiet neighbourhood ( sigh ) but when the older neighbours passed away, young couples/families moved in and they seem to be confrontational / argumentative towards each other :sad:.
    Sorry that turned into a rant but a very hot and tired nan, is cranky, big time.
    Nevertheless it is a glorious day but I'm glad that there is a lovely breeze, so we have been in the garden this morning cutting back some shrubs / overhanging trees at the end of the garden. Luckily that part of the garden was in the shade. Also did two loads in the WM, thought we could last till the new one arrives, tut, who was I kidding !
    DH and I have showered, eaten a snack lunch and we are sat indoors in our shorts,like a pair of bookends and it's not a pretty sight I can tell you :rotfl:.
    Tea tonight will be a chicken stir fry followed by the rest of the strawberries and cream. May even do some ironing if it cools down later as I'm running out of T. shirts.
    FBO relax and enjoy your time away in London
    Nelski your mum and my dad sound very similar.
    Off to get a drink and a cake, shh :shhh: don't tell DH, he's fallen asleep and the cakes are all mine I tell you, MINE !!!:rotfl:
    Sorry it must be this sun, it's sending me bonkers !
    Enjoy the rest of the day everyone.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Nelski wrote: »

Going round today to pick up mail and take her out for food not really looking forward to it as she was in a very nippy mood yesterday telling me my fishcakes were awful :( I had some myself so I can vouch for the fact they weren't. She can be a harsh woman at times....she used to be be really snappy with Dad and it seems I have just filled his boots .....not for much longer though sympathy has its limits

Nelski I've bolded the bit which stands out to me and I absolutely agree. You can only forgive and put up with so much. Yes your mum is grieving but so are you and to me it is no excuse for being rude about the food you have made for her :(

Lets face it, if a friend had called with some HM meals for her to help her out at a difficult time, would she have made the same rude (sorry to be blunt) comment to them about their food?

You wouldn't accept that rudeness from anyone else and in my opinion, you should't have to accept it from family either. You are doing your best to help her and giving her your time and support, perhaps she'd think twice about saying such things if you explained why you won't be helping out any more.

A few years ago I did exactly that with my own Mother, I didn't need the upset she was causing me, so I calmly told her a few home truths and as a result we didn't speak for many months, but it did work and things have changed since..(although we are far from close, but we never were).

Take care my lovely. When you get home enjoy reading your book in the garden and treat yourself to a large glass of wine as reward for your endeavours this morning :) xx
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,026 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    No rain! :j No sun either but that I can live with. It's fairly warm with very little breeze.

I did some online banking this morning and then ordered a load of seeds for the garden. Then I decided to stick two of the white rugs in the washing machine so they are hanging outside, don't think they'll dry today but at least they'll get some air.

DM reported that the scaffolders, true to their word, arrived first thing to take down the steels. Her neighbour popped round with a bunch of flowers for me as a thank you -she'd been trying for a week to get it all taken down. Turns out that the scaffolders were waiting to hear from the window replacement company that the work had been completed. Anyway, all's well there.

I had to call on a neighbour to help me get a starling out of my woodburner this morning. Second time it's happened. I thought it was just debris falling down until I saw it sitting in the box looking at me! As she opened the door it flew out into the living room so we chased it out the front door as I stood guard at the bottom of the stairs.

The remainder of this afternoon I'll spend on mundane pottering around type jobs as I'm off to Glasgow tomorrow morning. Got to help DM choose a new loo. :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure