Sashybo - Back Again

Comments

• sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,496
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Yes very glamourous Bob. :rotfl: Went to Boots yesterday to stock up on maternity pads as they have a 3 for 2 offer on and had a voucher for a free box of breast pads. :D

Re-arranged the labour & birth ante-natal classes I had been given dates for as both DH & I were working. Now have dates on our weekends off, so will go and see what they're like.

Finally managed to get bigger sizes in uniform blouses so washed them last night & ironed this morning. Unfortunately need to wear one of the horrible smock-like maternity blouses today as the bigger sized normal ones aren't quite dry. :(

Have also hung up a washing that DH put on but no other housework really. Could really do with washing my hair but no time so dry shampoo & tied back it is. :o

Quickly doing some 0nepoll surveys then need to go and get ready for work. Also need to drop into my mum's to feed her cats, doubt they'll want out as the rain is bucketing down.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,258, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £345. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    The only great thing i found was my nails were fab with both pregnancies. Made up for other ailments. With my DS I had hideous indigestion. Lived on gavascon!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • sashybo
    Forumite
    Bob, my sister just walked around clutching a giant bottle of gavascon towards the end when she was pregnant with her second boy. :eek: Thankfully I've not had heartburn too badly yet.

Got the other £20 survey money through that I was waiting for, so paid £10 off loan no1 and used £10 towards some pretty mugs from Habitat as they were doing 25% off everything yesterday. :o

Also bought a couple of nighties yesterday before work as my usual sized ones are too small/not long enough due to the baby bump now.

DH has some kind of man-cold so is moaning about not feeling well - he'd better not pass it on to me as have managed to avoid the plague like cold/flu going round my office so far. :eek:

Up to £14.10 on 0nepoll which is quite good. :beer: Will try and get some other surveys done later.

Need to do my 15 mins on the cross trainer then have a shower and get ready for work.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,258, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £345. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • sashybo
    Forumite
    Having a lazy morning before work, feeling very tired today - 4 more shifts to go until 2 days off. Even DH said I looked tired this morning, will try & get to bed earlier tonight after work.

No real news, managed the cross trainer yesterday & did feel better for it.

The men in my work are alternating between "You shouldn't do that in your condition" and "You're only pregnant, not ill" :cool: I tend to ignore whatever they say anyway as it changes depending on what we're talking about.:rotfl: They all think they're experts on pregnancy. :rotfl:
  • Bobarella
    Forumite
    Oh your poor sister. It is so unpleasant.

Are you getting lots of people casting their vote on what colour you are sporting?

• sashybo
    Forumite
    To be honest Bob I've only had a few people say which sex they think the baby is - pretty much 50/50 at the moment.:D My sister is convinced I'm having a boy, that was my first instinct too but it doesn't matter either way.:) I think DH would like a girl but don't think he really minds.

Heartburn/acid reflux is something that runs in my family anyway so I've always had it but generally depends on what I've eaten. I expect to get bad heartburn towards the end of the pregnancy but hoping not.

Have been trying to collect all my recipes together so they're all in one place to make it easier to menu plan. Will take a few of the scattered notebooks I have with recipes written in to work today & put them all in one book (as long as work is quiet obviously :o). Have been moving all my electronic recipes into evernote & separating them into general notes I.e. pasta recipes, soups etc. Will then be able to make a general list of dinners we can make & use this as a guideline to decide which dinners to make each week.

Got more work shirts to iron today so will do that shortly. DH off work today so hopefully he'll get a bit of housework done & maybe start on the nursery. :cool:
  • boxofpaws
    boxofpaws Posts: 753
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I REALLY need to do the recipe book thing. What I used to do is find a new meal idea that we both liked and then COOK IT RELENTLESSLY until we were both sick of it, and then have to find a new thing to cook relentlessly. I am a bit better these days but I have a core repertoire of about 10 meals that we have over and over again. I love cooking too so i really should broaden my horizons.
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • sashybo
    Forumite
    Paws, I know what you mean, we always end up cooking the same things & forgetting other things we like. I also save recipes online thinking "Oh that looks nice" and then never get round to trying them.

So managed to move all written recipes from scattered notebooks into two notebooks (one savoury, one sweet) and have my electonic recipes saved as notes in appropriate categories. Have also made up two general lists in word for dinners & desserts that have both written & electronic recipes listed on it so we can have a quick look at it and see what we fancy. I think I need a list for sides as well so we can try different things.

Now need to have a quick look through my cookbooks in the house at some point and put any of those recipes I want to try on the list (and move into notebook). Will try menu planning before our next big weekly shop and see how we get on.

Had my check up with the midwife today and all is well, bump growing as expected and baby kicked the midwife again, wee rascal. :rotfl: Back to see her in 3 weeks for another check up & to have more blood taken. She wants me to try taking 2 iron tablets a day and see how I get on as she said my levels will keep dropping from now on. :( Not looking forward to the side effects of more iron tablets. _pale_

DH has given into his man cold and phoned in sick. :cool: He's getting no sympathy from me - I'd better not catch whatever he's got. :eek:

0nepoll up to £14.50 and have done a couple of short surveys today. Need to get ready for work soon, looking forward to my days off.
  • Bobarella
    Forumite
    I have to say I am very much team wait and see where babies are concerned. It was the most amazing thing each time to find out at the birth, and I was surprised both times!

I really don't understand the arguement for needing to know in advance. But that's just me.

Hope you don't get the heart burn. And hope DH gets better soon :)

• I LOVED finding out at the birth, it added an extra layer of excitement for me (because having a baby: clearly not exciting enough). I have friends who couldn't begin to wait though, they would have been too stressed about not knowing, so for them it was better to find out at a scan.
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback