Winter fuel allowance

Comments

• greyfox
    greyfox Posts: 482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Letter on Saturday, payment in bank today. OH's also in the bank today but he got his letter a few days before I did.
  • mumps
    mumps Posts: 6,285 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    pollypenny wrote: »
    I wish my hair would go properly white as a second choice to having my dark hair back. It's white a the sides, then steel grey elsewhere.

Why can't hairdressers come up with a decent dark dye that won't make older women look like Cruella de Ville?

I hope our WFA is in soon. I had my 92 year old aunt worrying that she'd been given it last week. I pointed out that she'd had it for 32 years!

I have the curse of the read head, 63 and my hair is darker than it has ever been. I absolutely hate it. I wonder why this happens to so many red heads, all the red gone and just a dark lifeless colour with a few bits of white. My grandfather was the same until he died at almost 80.
    Sell £1500

2831.00/£1500
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Biggles wrote: »
    Mine's always been on the third or fourth Tue of Nov, so I reckon it'll be 22nd this year.
    It was....
  • Is it the case then that we will all individually have "our" own personal payment date (out of the November to 24 December slot it's due in) and we will then get it at the same time in succeeding years?

Still not got mine yet! Is anyone else still waiting for theirs?
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,742 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I haven't got mine yet & haven't had the letter yet either. I didn't receive it in the bank last year until 1st Dec though.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Marymary41 wrote: »
    Thank you:j my bank is too far to travel and didn't want to go check for no reason

You don't have to visit your bank in person to check a payment. You can use telephone banking, or (since you have internet access), use internet banking via your PC/laptop or smartphone.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • jaybee
    jaybee Posts: 1,555 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Mine arrived in bank today.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    macman wrote: »
    You don't have to visit your bank in person to check a payment. You can use telephone banking, or (since you have internet access), use internet banking via your PC/laptop or smartphone.

I don't think I've been in 'my' bank for over 7 years, or in any bank in the last year.

Most of the institutions where I have money deposited have never seen me in the flesh. I'm just pixels. :D
  • Candy53
    Candy53 Posts: 2,548 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    No letter and nothing in the bank yet for my husband.

Candy
    What goes around, comes around.
  • No letter but our was in the bank this morning:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure