Further steps notice

I have today received a further steps notice completely out of the blue from Manchester courts, not to strange you may think but I've never been to Manchester and live down in Leicester.

Hhabing trawled several online forums it appears that this may be for some motoring offence where someone else has given incorrect details ie mine or something else associated with motoring.

Anyone else encounter anything like this or can offer any advice except ring the court tomorrow when they reopen?

Comments

• Stigy
    Stigy Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    jonesy_mjj wrote: »
    I have today received a further steps notice completely out of the blue from Manchester courts, not to strange you may think but I've never been to Manchester and live down in Leicester.

Hhabing trawled several online forums it appears that this may be for some motoring offence where someone else has given incorrect details ie mine or something else associated with motoring.

Anyone else encounter anything like this or can offer any advice except ring the court tomorrow when they reopen?
    If it's gone as far as the Courts and that's the first you've heard of it, I'd be worried. There's obviously contact details on the notice for the fines unit or whatever? Are the details correct about you? Your name and address spelled correctly etc? Seems very strange!
  • Rang and spoke to Manchester court yesterday. Turns out it was for a driving offence for failing to inform DVLA of a change of ownership of a vehicle. I have never owned the vehicle in question and never been to the place where the offence took place, in fact on the day in question I was at work all day. All the data on the letter is correct including my date of birth and full home address. Going to my local magistrates court on Monday to make a statutory declaration hopefully will put an end to it
  • you'll need to take proof along with you i.e work clock in details time sheet etc to prove that the day you allegedly commit the offence you were infact in a different part of the country. also if you own a vehicle and have done for a number of years,and been insured on that aswell take proof of that also, and a bank statement to prove that the only payment are going out for that policy not some other, that will strengthen your case.
  • hartcjhart
    hartcjhart Posts: 9,463
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    jonesy_mjj wrote: »
    Rang and spoke to Manchester court yesterday. Turns out it was for a driving offence for failing to inform DVLA of a change of ownership of a vehicle. I have never owned the vehicle in question and never been to the place where the offence took place, in fact on the day in question I was at work all day. All the data on the letter is correct including my date of birth and full home address. Going to my local magistrates court on Monday to make a statutory declaration hopefully will put an end to it

the 'stat dec' will put an end to this offence,BUT it is worth checking again with Manchester to see if there are any other offences relating to your name and the vehicle reg number
    I :love: MOJACAR
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport