Getting a mortgage and then becoming mortgage-free!

Comments

• Ooooooooh and I forgot; today has been a NSD ( packed breakfast lunch and coffees!) It was payday too so have moved all the savings and the bills money around too :-D

Annnnnd eBay listings last night- have 5 items reached minimums already so only four more to reach minimum by Sunday evening. The girlfriends also had three items reach minimum, including one at £26 unexpectedly!
    All for the deposit/legal fees/flooring pots lol!

Enjoy your week lovelies!
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Evening!

So all paperwork ready to post off tomorrow ready for mortgage application- apart from gf's mortgage statement that's still not arrived :O

Had an email today that £3 in pinecone account for completing my first survey- these will be saved for Starbucks treats as we're both suckers for a frothy coffee and trying to limit this!

Today wasn't a no spend day as struggling with work load so I went and got a Diet Coke from vending machine- 72p so not the wort in the world but it was unnecessary really!
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • bexster1975
    bexster1975 Posts: 1,576
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite
    Hi

Thought I would mention, if you have a benefit cosmetics counter/store near you they are giving out cup sleeves for two for one on hot drinks in starbucks, valid until end of March!

Good luck with mortgage application!

Bexster :)
  • Kittenkirst
    Forumite
    Oooooooh thanks Bexster- I did pop into my local Debenhams when in town but they advised they had them on the first day and ran out!
    Thank you!

Must remember to nip in and ask when next in town again though as I had forgot :-)

The lovely gf did use a voucher site recently- spent £16 got £2 free for starbs and a a free £5 signing bonus so got £7 in total free!! :D
    I'm going to register too so we get double bubble between us! £14 is a lot of skinny lattes- heaven!
  • Kittenkirst
    Forumite
    Today's update is that we've paid the deposit for the solicitors today yay!! :T
    Although that makes us £300 lighter! :rotfl:
    We had a celebratory latte each this morning as the gf is traveling for work tonight :j

However I am panicking slightly as cannot find my car keys- have been searching an hour already! Please tell me other people do this & im completely normal??!! :mad::eek::o
  • Kittenkirst
    Forumite
    Afternoon all,

So only small movements for me today. All forms have been received by the mortgage brokers, just awaiting appointment to complete the applications now!

Trying hard not to spend any frivolous money- and taking advantage of when work or suppliers put on a lunch spread (I'm usually very fussy but when faced with free food and more money for the house pot, the house pot wins!)

Eb*ys been going well- £160 sold so far which I'm happy with :-)
  • Kittenkirst
    Forumite
    Mortgage appointment in a few hours!!!

Need to ensure I make lots of notes and then have a good hunt around for other deals just in case!

Also need to check clauses re overpayments etc!

Wish us luck!!
  • Kittenkirst
    Forumite
    All very exciting today- mortgage broker session went well.

Need to decide between fixed rate & discounted tracker rates now...and do some comparisons ourselves also!

However the ones we are already considering allow overpayments up to an agreed percentage (which is around 17k per year which we far surpasses what we could afford to chuck at it really).

eB*y sales are going well this week with 7/16 items reached starting price and fetching £25 so far! Fingers crossed for more in the mortgage pot!
  • Kittenkirst
    Forumite
    Spoke with the mortgage advisor yesterday.....so the three offers we were considering we cannot apply for :(

Essentially the gf's flat (currently on market) has a permission to let on it, however as it was initially a residential mortgage incorrectly one provider won't accept an application from us. The other has advised that whilst the rent covers the mortgage, insurance & service charge/ground rent they would want the rent to be more. Despite agreeing we have more than sufficient income *sigh*

Waiting to hear if we can get 2.99% rate for two years. We are limited as is a 90% LTV on a new build so only certain providers offer this.

Fingers all crossed!!!
  • Fingers crossed for you for the mortgage.

That is really an eye watering amount if the flat doesn't sell:eek:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure