Diary of a never learn, repeat offender ;)

Comments

• SueP19
    SueP19 Posts: 1,876 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    LOL!!! We only had heating for 2 months this winter, the boiler was broke. My OH bonus paid for the repair on the 22nd December and the gas ran out at the end of Feb.

Funny thing is I have never felt so healthy as when we had no heating.......................just went to bed early hehe!!

Glad I'm not the only sad b***r, makes me feel better
    Debt Free Diary - Second Chances! Life in a Tourer........Tilly Tidy Founder in 2016, Tilly Tidy 2023 £17.43, NSD Jan 2023 9/10, Debt £13,491.65
  • prada_man
    prada_man Posts: 44 Forumite
    hi sue

i really admire ur heart-felt diary.... ive only been on here for 2 weeks & find this forum very stimulating & positive :j

what i have found is that not being best organised with finances & overspending has been very costly :mad: it's been "death by 1,000 cuts" £1 here.. £2 there...£10 on this... £20 on that... :o ive also started a spending diary which really helps :cool:

from now on "every penny is a prisoner" :rotfl:

sincere best of luck on ur debt free journey ;)
  • SueP19
    prada_man wrote: »
    what i have found is that not being best organised with finances & overspending has been very costly :mad: it's been "death by 1,000 cuts" £1 here.. £2 there...£10 on this... £20 on that... :o ive also started a spending diary which really helps :cool:

from now on "every penny is a prisoner" :rotfl:
    Prada Man I here ye, I love the idea of a penny prison :rotfl:

and your "death by a 1,000 cuts" or pennies is so apt :T
    Thanks for the good wishes :beer:
    Debt Free Diary - Second Chances! Life in a Tourer........Tilly Tidy Founder in 2016, Tilly Tidy 2023 £17.43, NSD Jan 2023 9/10, Debt £13,491.65
  • SueP19
    Oh dear my penny pinching is getting de-railed...............................................I started to water the milk down last week. Great idea thanks to the "old style savings board"
    Well my DOH has just informed me that he doesn't like it!!!! It tastes no blinkin different but "can I get proper semi skimmed milk today"

Now how do I get round this.....................um!!!! Mix in secret? I knew this would happen, he is all good intentions but to be honest he has an attitude that its too much out of his comfort zone and just cos he knows I am altering the milk he is determined not to like it!!!! Any ideas cos I think this will be the first of many abandoned savings...........................sorry for the moan but a bit p**d off at mo. :(
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Ask him which he'd prefer, a roof over his family's head or expensive milk? :p
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • SueP19
    LOL I think he would opt for the expensive milk...................................he sees the house as a millstone. He had always lived in tied housing before I talked him into home ownership about 10 years ago.
  • SueP19
    edited 2 June 2009 at 8:05AM
    OMG this site is just amazing, the confidence that it gives you is just indescribable
    Ok back step a little.............I had a call from MBNA's heavy arm RPA, just as I was leaving work and here is the gist of it
    "(polite intro's, who she was, who I was and what it was about)"
    She said :did you realise that I was £317 in arrears (no really)
    I said : Yes I was aware of that
    She said: Did you have a debit card on me
    I said : Yes
    She said : I will accept payment of £170 now (no)
    I said : Unfortunately I can't do that (hehe)
    She said : I could take the payment now over the phone (no)
    I said : Yes but there are insufficient funds in our account to cover the transaction (wow)
    She said : Oh
    I said : I have written to MBNA explaining the situation, enclosing my Soa and an offer of a reduced payment on a pro rata basis as per the courts (double wow)
    She said : Oh, are you in changed circumstances
    I said : Yes, we have been since September last year and our circumstances are unlikely to change in the forseeable future (is that all she can say is Oh!!!)
    She said : Its a shame as next month they would have to register a fault on your credit record, are you sure you can't pay £170 today (do I care)
    I said : Thats unfortunate but if I were to pay you £170, that I don't have, then it would favour you above my other creditors and that would not be right
    She said : Oh ok, thank you, bye

I was so shocked, previously I would have been a mumbling wreck........................full of apologise and I would have paid the money, so she didn't get nasty.

Do you think she was thinking s**t another MSE'r where b***red
    LOLOLOL
  • maz1964
    maz1964 Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    very well done sueP19:beer:

this site and cag have saved me and my sanity,,,,so a default ,,,are you really needing ever further credit

i think the whole country is in a mess, the majority will have defaults and then really what fear factor are they going to try out next on us to scare us into paying something we cant??

ive asked for all my copies of my credit agreement just for the hell of it, after i got so cross that they wouldnt accept my pro rata payments, now they have silly agreements or none at all

its a battle to learn your rights but continue to learn and wishing you much success

cheers maz
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 1525

"Knowledge is the Power to get Debt Free":j

Truecall device, stops all the unneccesary phone calls - my sanity has been restored and the peace in the house is truely priceless!:rotfl:
  • SueP19
    Hi Maz
    I think you are right, the country is in a mess. Gee what are the banks going to do then, with a greatly reduced customer base!!!
    I work in a very isolated environment where they are all saints with their money, mind you none of them have had the ups and downs I have had.
    I know I am in for a rough ride but my actual boss is a diamond, a pure one. I think in line of work it makes me more human, having been there and done that.
    I wish you luck with your offers, thats what worries me the most, if they don't accept the payments but we have been down the CCJ route years ago and survived.
    Virtual hugs to you
  • MissKJ
    MissKJ Posts: 780 Forumite
    Well done Maz and SueP. I think I might have to request my cca's. I have been waiting for the debts to be passed to DCA's as I reckon they have less chance of producing them, but I might do it sooner.
    unsecured Debts at [strike]August 2007 £79,984[/strike] September £79,579 [STRIKE]Snowballing date July 2013[/STRIKE].

May 2009, £76,772 unsecured debts

DMP started Dec 2008, End date at start 2133!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure